PDA

View Full Version : Chrome questions on my 69 camaro...

CamaroBlood5150
12-04-2010, 12:17 AM
What's up guys, I really need some help deciding how much chrome i should leave on the car. The car is in the process of being sent to the paint shop and I need to make my decision fast. Out of all the chrome on the car, the only question i have is on the side of the car. I'm not sure if i should put a chrome skirt under the door and the chrome lining around the wheel wells. I have four obvious options:

a) chrome skirt & lining
b) just chrome skirt
c) just lining
d) no chrome at all

PLEASE Help me make a decision. I am leaning towards option A because since my car is a dark blue, most pro-touring restorations with that color keep the skirt and lining on the car.

I need your guys' help! Feel free to attach pictures of cars with each of the 4 options. I've been having trouble finding equally good looking cars with the different options! Thanks!

Jim Nilsen
12-05-2010, 08:04 PM
None of those pieces you are talking about are chrome in most cases but are actually stainless steel that is polished. On a 69 the side fins in front of the rear wheelwell are chromed and usually need new ones if they are there at all.

Gandalf
12-05-2010, 08:19 PM
An idea might be to have the car done without them. If you feel something is missing afterward, mock them up on the car and see which you prefer. If you like 'em - add 'em :-) I think those pieces are reasonably non-invasive and should be easy to have added if that is the way you decide to go.

G.

67 ls1 vert
12-05-2010, 08:27 PM
I agree, fill in the holes and paint it and decide later if you need it.

65 drop top
12-06-2010, 12:57 AM
I kinda feel that the extra trim dates the car and is better suited for stock type cars. If you want a more modern look I say go without