PDA

View Full Version : 67 Shoulder Belt Roof Anchor

ertoys
05-27-2005, 06:31 AM
Hello, Newbie here,I have a 67 Camaro built in Nov.

I called Ricks first Gen about the three point safety belts and they assured me that my car being built in Nov. has the roof anchors for the shoulder belt.(yet they wont say where they are located)

My problem is that I have seen pictures in 67 and 68 Camaros with the shoulder belt anchored in front of and behind the hanger hook. Which is correct location? how did you find it? The car has a like new headliner that I do not want to cut in the wrong spot.

Any help would be appreciated.

morrisclassic
05-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Press on the headliner you'll feel two holes with a dimple between them.
Contact Nantooch @ the camaro.net site. He just installed the same seatbelts that you are looking at in his Camaro. He will be able to tell you more specifics about the mounting point locations. Hope this helps.

morrisclassic
05-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Looked at a picture of (Nantooch), Brandon's car the mounts are in front of the coat hanger about 4 inches. He will be able to give you specific
measurements if you contact him

ertoys
05-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Thank you I will!:icon996:

ertoys
06-16-2005, 09:27 AM
I will be installing them this weekend and I will let you know how it goes.:icon996:

ertoys
06-26-2005, 04:01 PM
Belts are in, but the plastic arm (console side) is deforming at the base when I tighten the bolt down so I am unable to put the little plastic cap that covers the bolt.

Anyone have any suggestions?

morrisclassic
06-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Ed,

I am trying to find a bushing to keep the bolt from pinching the seatbelt.
I think that is the problem you are having.Keep in touch. We'll find a solution.

Thanks Billy

ertoys
06-30-2005, 05:07 AM
Billy, the email with pics has been sent, you and Robin have been great to deal with.

68FB400
07-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Billy,

I have the same problem with my '68 Firebird. Has a solution been found?

[email protected]

ertoys
08-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Billy,

I have the same problem with my '68 Firebird. Has a solution been found?

[email protected]

???????????????????????????????????????????????

morrisclassic
08-09-2005, 05:41 PM
I just got back home from vacation. I don't have an answer yet as we
don't have a car to install a set in. Maybe the seatbelt end is being pulled down into the carpet causing the plastic sleeve to deform. Try to loosen
up on the mounting bolt a little. I hope that we or someone can come up with a reason that you are having this type of problem. I will try to look at
some factory later model Camaro's and see how the mounting point and sleeve are attached.

Billy

paul67
08-10-2005, 04:57 AM
There should be a sleve that is machined down to allow the belt mount to swivel will find a pic and post
paul67

ertoys
08-10-2005, 05:21 AM
There should be a sleve that is machined down to allow the belt mount to swivel will find a pic and post
paul67
I agree, if you look at the factory bolts they are as described above.

The sleeve (the machined down surface) actually meets the floor mounting point and stops the bolt from actually contacting the face surface of the metal belt base.

In turn this allows the belt base to swivel.

morrisclassic
08-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Guys,

I am out of ideas. Maybe if you snug the bolt then put a piece of velcro on the back of the seatbelt plastic sleeve as it will stick to the carpet and hold the female latch in the correct position. If I had a car to work with maybe I could give some better advise.

Billy