PDA

View Full Version : New ISIS products; anyone at SEMA seeing them?

rossmacd
11-03-2010, 04:00 PM
I didn't get to go to the show this year but just got an email (that everyone else got too) from Jay about their new products; inTOUCH MAX and inTOUCH MOBILE. Anyone get to see these products in person or know anything more about them? I'd be interested in the MAX, but... I have a hard time imagining carving out space for a second double din display on my console. If this unit could double as a stereo it would be ideal, but without that, I think it may be hard for me to justify. Anyone else?

James OLC
11-03-2010, 04:56 PM
I talked to Jay for quite a while today - the new iPad/iPod controller is AWESOME! Now you can control your entire ISIS System via your mobile (droid coming soon) - a heck of a great idea!

MCMLXIX
11-03-2010, 05:11 PM
I talked to Jay for quite a while today - the new iPad/iPod controller is AWESOME! Now you can control your entire ISIS System via your mobile (droid coming soon) - a heck of a great idea!

Thats cool.....

rossmacd
11-03-2010, 09:16 PM
For me the Droid/iPhone/iPad thing is more of a novelty than anything that I would use with regularity; the touchscreen interface, hower is another story. It would allow me to do away with all the buttons I haven't even ordered yet, as well as the switches, etc. It would greatly simplify my wiring beyond the point that Isis will have already taken it. But if I will have to have two double dins, then I don't see it being very useful. But maybe that is just me.

wellis77
11-03-2010, 09:50 PM
rossmacd, I agree. inTouch Mobile is a neat idea but not where it's at for me. I want the inTouch Max but I want more details on how far the system can go, i.e. double as a Nav/CD/Stereo, among numerous other things that I know it's competition can or will be able to do. I won't have two double din units in my dash. I also emailed Jay almost as soon as I got the email announcement about the products. Considering where he is and what's going on, I highly doubt I'll be hearing from him any time soon.

James, did you get any details on inTouch Max and what it's capabilities are?

John McIntire
11-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Any links to what you guys are talking about? I checked the site and can't find anything?

wellis77
11-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Both units are on their site. Info seems to be limited at this point...

http://www.isispower.com/products.html?ProductID=ISISINMOZ
http://www.isispower.com/products.html?ProductID=ISISINMOZ

MCMLXIX
11-04-2010, 05:24 PM
The double din display does not have an input for nav or video ...

rossmacd
11-04-2010, 10:15 PM
The double din display does not have an input for nav or video ...

I think that needs to be remedied. Maybe they will make just the software available, so you can do a carPC kind of thing and have it function the same, only using your own hardware instead of their supplied stuff. That would probably be the most likely scenario.

wellis77
11-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Agreed rossmacd! I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by not building in the "option" for that functionality. We've already been talking about new stuff coming from an ISIS competitor in this market and they can do it and seemingly so much more, so...

jonfarrugia
11-07-2010, 05:31 PM
I too have contacted Jay regarding these products. Havent heard back yet either.

I have the same concerns as you guys about navigation and audio controls on the Intouch Max. After some investigating, I've determined that I'll be using the Intouch Mobile product. My plan is to integrate an Ipad intouch the center of my dash. The Ipad will be used as a navigation system, Audio/Video controls, Internet surfing and now ISIS controls. The plan is to mold it into the dash and make it removable. This way I can either have controls in the car or use it wirelessly outside the car!
An Ipad with 3G and Wifi can be purchased for about $650 along with the $250 Intouch Mobile software for a grad total of $900. The same price as Intouch Max with all the extra features I need. Going this route also allows me to use the display with any other apple apps! I think its pretty much a no brainer!

I just want to make sure the features available on the Intouch Max are available in the Intouch Mobile software.

Just my two cents.

rossmacd
11-07-2010, 05:38 PM
I too have contacted Jay regarding these products. Havent heard back yet either.

I have the same concerns as you guys about navigation and audio controls on the Intouch Max. After some investigating, I've determined that I'll be using the Intouch Mobile product. My plan is to integrate an Ipad intouch the center of my dash. The Ipad will be used as a navigation system, Audio/Video controls, Internet surfing and now ISIS controls. The plan is to mold it into the dash and make it removable. This way I can either have controls in the car or use it wirelessly outside the car!
An Ipad with 3G and Wifi can be purchased for about $650 along with the $250 Intouch Mobile software for a grad total of $900. The same price as Intouch Max with all the extra features I need. Going this route also allows me to use the display with any other apple apps! I think its pretty much a no brainer!

I just want to make sure the features available on the Intouch Max are available in the Intouch Mobile software.

Just my two cents.

That sounds like it could be a good solution; check out mp3car.com; they do alot of carPC stuff and there is a ton of info on there about how to integrate a computer, including fab tips.

My only issue with the Mobile is that I don't like the idea of fiddling with a phone, even if it is mounted in a cradle or whatever; it's just too small.

jonfarrugia
11-07-2010, 06:01 PM
If you use a!n Ipad and not an Iphone then you dont need to worry about screen size.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/

The 9.7-inch high-resolution screen makes iPad perfect for watching HD movies, TV shows, podcasts, music videos, and more.

rossmacd
11-07-2010, 09:35 PM
For some reason I was thinking you meant iphone not ipad for the mobile thing. ipad would work great.

GRNOVA
11-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Just found 2 Ipads on line, one is a 16 gig with wifi the other is a 64 gig with wifi and 3g. I want the 64 gig, do I need it? This will control my system with In Touch mobile.
Here are some more videos I found!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE2HiQedwWY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63oHdiVAKq0