PDA

View Full Version : New rear end installation

Woody
05-25-2005, 08:09 AM
I am replacing a 10-bolt mono-leaf rear end with a new 12-bolt multi-leaf. The 12-bolt has the multi-leaf spring perches. I will be purchasing new lower shock plates for the multi-leafs and I was wondering if I also will need new leaf spring mounting pads for the new multi-leaf springs. I notice that Rick's sells a multi-leaf mounting pad that appears to be rubber. Are those types of mounting pads recommended or are there other mounting pads that would be better for a pro-touring car?

jeffandre
05-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Click on the "Spring Isolators" heading to see what Prothane offers. I have them in my car, not sure if it is considered better than rubber for handling but I assumed that it was.

Woody
05-25-2005, 11:23 AM
Thanks Jeff, How do you like them? any squeeking problems? I have heard about poly bushings causing squeeking problems.

MrQuick
05-25-2005, 11:36 AM
in this case squeeking may be better than snapping or grinding....you should be ok with these. The bushing sometime squeek when not maintained correctly. Hi Jeff!

jeffandre
05-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Woody,
You shouldn't get much squeakage from a leaf spring pad as it is not between rotating parts like spring eye or control arm bushings.

Vince,
Hi stranger! We need to hookup sometime, maybe at a goodguys show or something. Hope all is well with you!