PDA

View Full Version : Pampa, Texas

WS6
10-20-2010, 03:25 PM
So what can anyone tell me about Pampa? Looks like I'll be moving there soon. I'm bummed that I am having to leave the mountains so soon considering I just moved to Colorado from Georgia in July but it's a good opportunity it seems. I'm just curious to know about finding a place to live more than anything else. I've already looked and know there's not really anything out there. It'll be cheaper to live there than in Junction where I am now that's for sure.

Thanks

meenaggie
10-30-2010, 11:14 PM
I know quite a few people from Pampa. The company I work for had a plant there for the last 60 years but unfortunately it closed about 2 years ago. Lots of good people and all the typical small town Texas stuff. Most people work for the nuclear company (can't remember the name) or one of the surrounding chemical plants or refineries. I know a camaro guy there but he is more 1/4 mile than pro-touring. We went through down town in his 68 pro street camaro after dark. Drop me a pm if you need some specific info and I can ask around. The winter there is cold and windy, typical of Texas panhandle.