PDA

View Full Version : Tricks to allign headlights

kman67rsss
05-24-2005, 05:38 PM
im not sure if this is the place to post this or not so if it needs to be moved i will find it. anyways i have a 67 camaro that i need to aim the headlights on. is there any tricks or tips that you folks could pass along. thanks

dennis68
05-24-2005, 06:24 PM
You need about 50 feet of level ground. Place a "screen", I use a big cardboard sheet painted black, about 25 feet from the front headlamp. Measure from the ground to the headlamp center and transfer that measurement to the screen all the way across. A laser level works great for the next step, mark the screen where the headlamps line up. The L/F should be to the right of this mark and down about 1". The R/F should be at the mark or slightly to the right and level.

kman67rsss
05-28-2005, 04:29 PM
thanks for the tips.

CoryM
05-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Some shops have a headlight aiming tool that uses the little nubs on the DOT lenses for aiming. A bodyshop is probably your best bet as its a little spendy for most repair shops to buy for the 3 times a year they use it. We have one, Ive used it once.
Cheers.

Railing68
06-03-2005, 01:02 PM
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/tech.html there is a whole write up on this. under AIM. SS