PDA

View Full Version : Taper bearing C clip eliminators or weld ons

Skip Fix
10-18-2010, 08:04 AM
OK guys taper bearings are supposed to be better for side loads. Moser makes weld on ends with them(on my drag car in case the car ever goes around turns again). Strange has a new double sealed taper bearing C lip eliminator kit. Be as good? Easier that pulling the rear completely out and getting weld on ends, which would also require my disc brackets to bored out also as the bearing diameter is larger.

8.5 10 bolt in my TA.

big gear head
10-18-2010, 04:59 PM
You better check on those c clip eliminators and be sure that they will work with disc brakes. Some won't. The 7900F Moser housing ends will work with your disc brakes with no modifications to the caliper brackets.

chicane67
10-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Weld on's...

It fixes more than just axle end play....

19,69camaro
10-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Can you elaborate on what else it fixes I would guess it almost eliminates the need for c-clips and also by using the larger ford bearing they would have a larger surface to ride on both extending bearing and axle life.

big gear head
10-20-2010, 03:41 PM
It fixes the oil leaks that come from most c clip eliminator kits. Eliminates the c clips completely.

neki67
10-21-2010, 01:32 AM
Any recommended weld ons?

big gear head
10-21-2010, 07:02 AM
Moser makes a bunch of housing ends. You need to know what brakes you are going to use and then pick the ends that work with those brakes. Your axles will have to be made to work with those brakes and housing ends. If you decide to do this and you can't figure out what you need send me an email and I'll help you figure it out.

Skip Fix
10-21-2010, 08:18 AM
A buddy used "regular" C clip eliminators on his TA rear disc set up no problem with fit. So even setups listed as not fitting may.

Weld ons- require pulling the whole housing and welding in a jig to insure they are straight, bore out the backing plate to 3.150 I believe. C clip eliminator setup pull the axles and cut it off, bolt it all up.

Again comparing taper bearing to tapers-weld or bolt on?