PDA

View Full Version : BIG thanks goes out!!

xxxturbo6
09-19-2010, 07:35 PM
First of all I just want to give a huge THANK YOU to Bill for organizing this event and making it happen all these years. I also appreciate every one of the sponsors of this event and what they contribute to making this event happen and the door prizes just keep getting better and better with each year. Thank you very much. Without all of you, this event would not be what it is today!.

I'm also one of the local guys that started attending the RTTH events to help Bill Howell fill some slots and at least make something back. I missed the very first RTTH event but have attended all of them since! In 2007 I ran my Buick Grand National for the first time ever on an Autocross and it happened to be on the banked oval of 411's circle track, MAN was that a blast!! I since sold that one and now have the current "GN X RAY" Buick T-Type project and had to miss running in last years event because the car just wasn't ready. This year the car has a Full DSE suspension under it thanks to Kyle Tucker and all I have to say is, "I'm beside myself on how this car handles"!! Bill has really evolved this event into one of the premiere events to attend and I wouldn't miss it for the world. I had the best time ever at this years RTTH6!!

Bill, Thanks for letting my 1986 "Brick" compete this year with the most impressive cars in the country and the nicest people in the industry! I Never thought in my wildest dreams I would be at the competing level that I am with my Buick. Thank you!

It was also great meating some new people and making new friends..

PS: If anyone has pic's or Video of my car can you please send it to [email protected] ?? I would Greatly appreciate it and thanks in advance!

Here are a few shots of my car at RTTH6.. (photo's curtesy of John Simerly)

First one is a view of the new DSE stance!
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/DSC_0274-1.jpg

Second is the 1/8th mile S/S/C..
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/speedstopresults-1.jpg

Scot Walkowiak
RTTH6 Car#8

Scott Parkhurst
09-21-2010, 07:07 AM
It was nice to meet ya Scot-

LOVE that car and it works as good as it looks.

Looking forward to seeing you again (and that Buick too!)

xxxturbo6
09-21-2010, 08:50 AM
It was nice to meet ya Scot-

LOVE that car and it works as good as it looks.

Looking forward to seeing you again (and that Buick too!) Thanks my friend! It was nice meeting you too and look forward to seeing you and the wagon again soon. Wagon works as good as it looks too!! :smoke:

SW.

LeadSSled
09-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Scott - I know I have a video of one of your runs, but it may be a couple of days before I can get it to you. I've been on the road all week,.

xxxturbo6
09-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Scott - I know I have a video of one of your runs, but it may be a couple of days before I can get it to you. I've been on the road all week,. Terry that would be great!! I have been wanting some video. I actually had someone taking video for me but I don't know how to convert my Mini DV tapes to a youtube video...

Holler at me when you get back in...

Scot W.

VA Saleen
09-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Hello Scot,

I was at the event and I must say that your car was gorgeous. I took several pics of the car and should have all of your runs on video...even the drags and stop challenge. I have over 3 hours worth of video that I need to upload to my computer. I was in the black Saleen Mustang, but I didn't have it at the autocross...it stayed at the hotel (Mainstay). Anyways, Ill send you pics and the videos once I upload them.

Blake

xxxturbo6
09-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Hello Scot,

I was at the event and I must say that your car was gorgeous. I took several pics of the car and should have all of your runs on video...even the drags and stop challenge. I have over 3 hours worth of video that I need to upload to my computer. I was in the black Saleen Mustang, but I didn't have it at the autocross...it stayed at the hotel (Mainstay). Anyways, Ill send you pics and the videos once I upload them.

Blake Thanks for the compliments!

Yeah I remember ya! I like those saleens, they handle pretty good too...

Blake that would be great and I would really appreciate that. I can't find anyone to turn my Mini DV tapes into videos so that would make things much easier for me.

Please send them to [email protected]

THANKS!

Scot W.
GNS

VA Saleen
09-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Scot,

I sent the pics in 7 emails.

Let me know if you received them all.

I kept getting return messages because they were too large. I tried to resend with less pictures.

I am also going to upload to photobucket here soon, so they will all be there as well.

Give me a couple of days on the video. I have to upload them on to my computer.

Blake

xxxturbo6
09-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Scot,

I sent the pics in 7 emails.

Let me know if you received them all.

I kept getting return messages because they were too large. I tried to resend with less pictures.

I am also going to upload to photobucket here soon, so they will all be there as well.

Give me a couple of days on the video. I have to upload them on to my computer.

Blake Blake Your the man! I got all e-mails and those pic's look crazy good!! Thank You SO Much!

Can't wait for the video!!! :)

Scot W.

Jon Simerly
09-24-2010, 10:56 PM
I have quite a few pics at the strip of others also. Jon

LeadSSled
09-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Scott - I fianlly got your videos uploaded. Sorry that I couldn't e-mail them to you. My account can only handle an attachement of 10MB and smaller. These files are both larger that that. But here are links to the uploads:

Drags: http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/LeadSSled/RTTH6%20Drags/?action=view&current=DragsCars8and45.mp4

Autocross: http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/LeadSSled/RTTH6%20AutoX/?action=view&current=AutoXCar8.mp4