PDA

View Full Version : lokar throttle cable

hifi875
09-04-2010, 02:08 PM
my lokar throttle cable broke where it connects to the accelerator. is there a way torepair it. i took pedal assembly off and the cable has a crimp type end that holds the cable on. looks like i have toreplace it. idk. i was doing some tuning for the ls fest next weekend.

Z06vet
09-04-2010, 07:10 PM
You can probably just order the wire, not having to buy a new cable. I just put in a lokar cable today. The throttle pedal linkage looked like it was pressed or crimped onto the cable. You'd hate to be at LS fest and have the repair fail there...

wmhjr
09-04-2010, 08:07 PM
You can definitely just order the wire. I have a spare I keep around myself in the package. They're not always in stock.

If you get in a jam and can't find it in stock someplace immediately, let me know and I can send you the one I have - you can just get me a replacement when you get a chance.

hifi875
09-05-2010, 11:12 AM
thx for the offer. i guess ill just order and hope for the best. i was gonna go to test n tune at beech bend tuesday nite to get the best timing curve for my carbd ls. guess ill do it friday

hifi875
09-06-2010, 06:49 PM
got it fixed today. of all places autozone had a spectre universal throttle cable kit for 24.95. just took the cable out of it, wa la went right in. saved me from having to drive 1hr each way to nashville or waiting for 2 days to order one. ready to be humbled at ls fest now.

wmhjr
09-07-2010, 05:55 AM
Glad to hear it. Have fun!