PDA

View Full Version : Budget Cuts

shmoov69
08-04-2010, 04:26 AM
Big Numbers. Take the time to look at this. It is amazing what a college kid uses to explain spending cuts.

http://www.wimp.com/budgetcuts/ (http://www.wimp.com/budgetcuts/)

Pretty good analogy IMO

Mr.VENGEANCE
08-04-2010, 09:40 AM
dudes got strong hands.. choppin pennies with clips one handed..

ahhaha

67 ls1 vert
08-04-2010, 09:59 AM
man, that really put it in prospective.

Your right mr.v, it is pretty hard to cut pennies with side cutters.

DartorDemon
08-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Well, i think any president would be hard pressed to find a way to make any real budget cuts to make a dent in the giant deficit thats been growing for the last 10 years.

John Wright
08-04-2010, 11:08 AM
dudes got strong hands and a sharp pair of side cutters.. choppin pennies with clips one handed..

ahhaha

Yup...

David Sloan
08-04-2010, 12:28 PM
God Help us! Pray hard, pray often!!

absintheisfun
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
definitely puts things into perspective, and those are some sharp clippers...afterall it's from wimp.com, so how strong could the dude be?

DartorDemon
08-04-2010, 01:17 PM

:nopity:<--just as effective.

WS6
08-04-2010, 06:31 PM
reminds me of the taxes explanation and who pays by relating it to the bill at the end of a round of beer with buddies

absintheisfun
08-04-2010, 07:36 PM
reminds me of the taxes explanation and who pays by relating it to the bill at the end of a round of beer with buddies

"Suppose that every day 10 men go to a restaurant for dinner. The bill for all ten comes to $100. If it was paid the way we pay our taxes, the first four men would pay nothing; the fifth would pay $1; the sixth would pay $3; the seventh $7; the eighth $12; the ninth $18. The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59."
The 10 men ate dinner in the restaurant every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement until the owner threw them a curve. "Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily meal by $20." Now dinner for the 10 only costs $80. The first four are unaffected. They still eat for free. Can you figure out how to divvy up the $20 savings among the remaining six so that everyone gets his fair share? The men realize that $20 divided by 6 is $3.33, but if they subtract that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would end up being paid to eat their meal.
The restaurant owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same percentage, being sure to give each a break, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay. And so now the fifth man paid nothing, the sixth pitched in $2, the seventh paid $5, the eighth paid $9, the ninth paid $12, leaving the tenth man with a bill of $52 instead of $59.
Outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings. "I only got a dollar out of the $20," complained the sixth man, pointing to the tenth, "and he got $7!"
"Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got seven times more than me!"
"That's true," shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $7 back when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!"
"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor."
Then, the nine men surrounded the tenth man (the richest one, paying the most) and beat him up. The next night the richest man didn't show up for dinner, so now the nine men sat down and ate without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They were $52 short! "And that, boys, girls and college instructors, is how America's tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up at the table any more. There are lots of good restaurants in Switzerland and the Caribbean."

SixD7
08-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sloan https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?p=703211#post703211)

:nopity:<--just as effective.

Uh yeah who we praying to thats going to help with? Typical college kid needs to clean his room :spank2:

Damn True
08-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Well, i think any president would be hard pressed to find a way to make any real budget cuts to make a dent in the giant deficit thats been growing for the last 10 years.

To say nothing of the last 18mos.

mikedc
08-06-2010, 01:17 AM
We briefly had a balanced budget in the late 1990s.

Nobody even seems to remember that it happened now. These days we talk about a balanced budget in wistful detached voices. We act as if it's some far-off fantasy that hasn't existed in generations.

Out attitude doesn't give much incentive for future politicians to try to balance it again.

ArtosDracon
08-06-2010, 01:58 AM
Isn't that willful destruction of federal property? Oops.

Tony_SS
08-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Isn't that willful destruction of federal property? Oops.

Yes it is willfull. And No it's not 'federal property', lol! Its his property. Destroying currency is not illegal.