PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best Sound & Heat barrier for AZ?

SixD7
08-01-2010, 06:35 AM
What are you guys in the Southwest using that holds up well in the heat & doesn't smell when it gets hot. I've read a lot about Fat mat, Second Skin & Dynamat but would like to hear some first hand experience from local guys.

LM7_67
08-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Raammat

Jim Nilsen
08-01-2010, 01:11 PM
2ns Skin has a new ceramic barrier that sounds like what you are looking for. All of the 2nd skin products are really well thought out and have specific purposes. Call them and let them know what you are expecting and they will do their best to get you what you need. The customer service from them is awesome.

SixD7
08-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Raammat is hard to find. I'm calling 2nd skin tomorrow.

LM7_67
08-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Raammat is hard to find. I'm calling 2nd skin tomorrow.
Raam is hard to find? http://www.raamaudio.com/

SixD7
08-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I've seen that. I guess I meant thats the only source I've seen it & I've heard they have delivery problems. The others seem more readily available.

Have you used Raammat here in the S.W., how does it hold up in the heat?

LM7_67
08-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I've seen that. I guess I meant thats the only source I've seen it & I've heard they have delivery problems. The others seem more readily available.

Have you used Raammat here in the S.W., how does it hold up in the heat?
Yeah, I've got some in my Impala. Seems to hold up just fine. It hasn't fallen off and clogged up my window mechanisms on multiple occasions like the deadener from another company has.

Also, if you want to read more into the subject: http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

SixD7
08-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Thats a good site but it doesn't have comparison of different brands, looks like he's just selling his products now.
Thanks for your experience with Raammat...care to share what the other company was??
I'm just trying to eliminate mistakes & learn what works in our area since we have such extreme heat, not everything is going to hold up when the roof of a car can reach 200 degrees.

ErikLS2
08-02-2010, 12:38 PM
I bought some stuff from Second Skin. Anthony over there is great to deal with and knows what to put where. I haven't actually tested the products on the road yet though. I'm in Phoenix too so I just went and picked it up from him and saved the shipping.

LM7_67
08-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Thats a good site but it doesn't have comparison of different brands, looks like he's just selling his products now.
Thanks for your experience with Raammat...care to share what the other company was??
I'm just trying to eliminate mistakes & learn what works in our area since we have such extreme heat, not everything is going to hold up when the roof of a car can reach 200 degrees.
Yeah, he used to have a whole write up comparing half a dozen brands, but I don't know what happened to it.

it was elemental designs' eDead