PDA

View Full Version : Larger ring gear?

The GMR
07-18-2010, 09:12 PM
We make quite a few rear end setups for the off-road community as well that range from street trucks to full race units with 4" housings and 10" ring gears.

I want to know if there is any interest for a Pro-touring Rear end setup that uses a 9.5" ring gear and 3.25" housing?

thanks,
jason

The GMR
07-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Maybe a 9.25" ???

justasquid
07-24-2010, 04:08 AM
Im not too familier with this topic. But I'll take a stab at it. I think the 9 inch ford and 12 bolt chevy rear ends can be built more than adequate for most of the protouring cars. There comes a point where things are strong enough, and adding strength with the side effects of weight and taking up space just doesnt make sense. Weight and space are usually at a premium, and adding those two components to something that really isnt needed may be why not many have responed. In offroad applications, where you have wheel hop, huge tires, high hp... it makes sense to build things as strong as possible, becuase you truly don't know how much stress your going to put your truck through since the terrain changes so much.

maybe drag race vehicles?

but again, I really don't know much at all about rear ends.. Just throwing it out there.