PDA

View Full Version : Mind fart! Tyler..Help!

andrewb70
05-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Please tell me again why I can't use an LS1 T56 on an old school SBC or BBC?

The input shaft is longer, but the bellhousing is deeper. Other than the one missing bolt, what are the issues?

Andrew

TitoJones
05-10-2005, 07:57 PM
You can use an LS1 on a SBC/BBC. You will either need an adapter plate from McLeod, or my spacer that is a bit different.

The way my plate works is it takes up the 3/8" of the longer input shaft, and adapts that last hole that the LS1 has, but the BBC doesn't.

Tyler

rmadsen
05-10-2005, 07:59 PM
I don't know all the ins and outs of the different bellhousings. So I cant realy answer your question positively but I believe it is simply that the bolt pattern isn't right and also the extra .5 inch length. However, I will mention that McLeod Industries makes an adapter that will allow a LS1 T56 to bolt to an older SBC or BBC bellhousing. I have one on order for my swap.

rmadsen
05-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Well tyler looks like we were replying simultaneously. Is your adapter done and ready to ship. If so please give me details ASAP. Right now my McLeoud Adapter is on backorder :-( and I'm under major time pressure.

TitoJones
05-10-2005, 08:56 PM
We don't have any in stock currently but I think the design is almost completed.
Tyler

andrewb70
05-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks Tyler.

I was just thinking that the LS1 style T56 woudl work better since it has a nice hydraulic TO bearing set-up.

Andrew