PDA

View Full Version : Yet another 4 gen dash in a 1st gen....

J-Rod
05-09-2005, 06:30 PM
BUt I'm damned proud anyway:) It still has a ways to go, but hey, at least everything works at this point!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

dgumoe
05-10-2005, 02:06 PM
looks good dude, at least someone finally got smart and put a camaro dash in a camaro instead of a firebird dash.

WS6
05-10-2005, 06:29 PM
haha i was gonna say at least its a camaro dash. everone seems to like the pontiac dash better, but i am glad to see a camaro dash in a camaro.

what will you do about the sections where the a pillar covers come down to meet the dash?

J-Rod
05-10-2005, 10:21 PM
haha i was gonna say at least its a camaro dash. everone seems to like the pontiac dash better, but i am glad to see a camaro dash in a camaro.

what will you do about the sections where the a pillar covers come down to meet the dash?

Yeah, there's a reason everyone uses the pontiac dash: it looks better, haha. I got the camaro dash for free and hey...who am I to argue with that? Now that its in, the one thing I really like about this dash is the few degrees the center portion is turned towards the driver. Makes a world of difference if you're ever trying to adjust anything while driving.

The a-pillars im currently molding out of 2-stage foam. I'm molding in a tweeter at the base of hte pillar, and I'll end up either glassing them or having them covered vinyl when I get the rest of hte interior done. I'm also not quite happy with how the cover sits between the dash and the windshield, so i might make somethign to fit better there too.

WS6
05-11-2005, 02:56 AM
sounds like a good plan. good luck with it and post some pictures when you can. thanks

toofun
05-12-2005, 05:52 AM
Always been curious how people got the gauges to work. Do they work and how did you do it?

J-Rod
05-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Always been curious how people got the gauges to work. Do they work and how did you do it?

I bought a rolled 99 camaro and took the entire wiring harness outta the car and mated it to my 68 harness. Only tricky part was the steering column wiring, and even that wasn't too bad. This way everything worked thru the body control module as intended.

johnm
05-13-2005, 07:06 PM
HEY MAN, I am trying to do the same thing you did with the wiring harness, but can't get the steering column wiring to work, could you PM me please, I need some answers.

John