PDA

View Full Version : does my rearend look fat?

Rod
06-17-2010, 09:19 AM
now that i have you looking I have a simple question, I ran my car (1968 camaro) at the goodguys autocross and after a few skilled drivers(not me) beat my car around the track they came to the common consensus to replace the rearend with a Posi unit! 3.55 ratio was determined (4 speed super T-10 wide ratio) my question is SPRING or CONE or is there another style? is either rebuildable?

the rear end is the stock 10 bolt original part and has withstood 2 years of SCCA, and good guys events (and 450HP) without a problem! so I will stick with it just wondering what other autocrossers are running

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/06/rearviewfat_x18993814-1.jpg

CamaroAJ
06-17-2010, 10:02 AM
i had a true track in the 9" in my '67 with a 3.50 gear. i liked that combo enough that i will be installing it again into the '69 i'm building. it was a T56 though.

stay away from alburn though, they are prone to fail and non rebuildable.

Rod
06-17-2010, 10:10 AM
thanks CamaroAJ, alburn BAD

big gear head
06-18-2010, 03:29 PM
If you have the stock 8.2 10 bolt in your car then your choices are limited. There is no Ttruetrac available for it, so you are limited to a Auburn, Eaton, Torque Line or Lock Right. The Lock Right is going to be too jerky for road racing, the Auburn is just junk, the Torque Line is half Eaton and half Aubrun which makes it half junk, so that leaves the Eaton Posi. This is the best limited slip differential for most Chevy cars and it would be my only choice for yours.