PDA

View Full Version : Triangle,NC guys or Andrew/Tom from T/C drive shaft/driveline issue.

brans72
05-31-2010, 04:27 AM
I Have my Chevelle back on the frame etc but need to figure out the correct drive angle correctly 1 time.So I can figure out which shaft to order correctly and make and crossmember. Trans is to far up now it seems but headers can not go any lower. Car is 72 Chevelle with LS1 engine,AutoKraft oil pan,Edelbrock headers,and Edelbrock mounts with 4L60E.I do have my aftermarket wheels on it now and complete suspension with includes stage 2 kit from mark and adjsutable upper from Currie and lowers from Currie. If anymore info is need please let me know! Thanks Brandon

MIGOAT
05-31-2010, 05:32 AM
My buddy has a shop in durham he might be able. To help you call him at 8243198 his name is Paul I know he's. Done several ls swaps and his shop name is lsxcitement . I'm replying on the wives blacberry sorry

JEFFTATE
05-31-2010, 07:15 AM
I've never set up a Chevelle , or Skylark , or GTO with the rear coils springs and trailing arms.
But , I would think you would need to have the car sitting on its wheels/tires at ride height , to get the rear axle at the correct height to set your pinion angle and driveline angle..

brans72
05-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Jeff That is what I am trying to figure out how to do correctly since no room for error on this subject. The car sits to high in the rear now and I took the shocks off etc just to get a lower stance but car is not fully assembled. I might call him up tomorrow Kyle . Thanks for info guys.