PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about your rear

DFRESH
05-23-2010, 05:20 PM
I can't take Chad's abuse much longer at the GG Auto X events---one legged wonder, one legged Renner, one legged Jihad, blah, blah, blah----LOL

So I scored a Fab Nine housing, now I need some recommendations on what to run for a third member---the motor I have going in the car is approx 540hp and 550tq---I have a procharger for the motor, but it won't be going on until next year--but I would estimate 700 to 750 and at least that much torque. Will be using the car for mostly street, but road course for sure--at least 4 to 5 times during the year and plenty of auto X stuff.

Doug

mpozzi
05-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Ford 9-inch ... see the TCI folks for a good Currie set-up and you'll be able to pass that pet peeve of Chad's off to another poor schlub.

BTW ... you do pretty good for not having both rear tires dancing in synch.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

ProdigyCustoms
05-23-2010, 07:26 PM
The ProCharger will make a pour autocross set up. I would put a 31 spline Tru Track in it were it me, you will never hook it up enough to break it. If your going to do the 750HP set up and run slicks I would do a 35 spline Moser Wave Track.

DFRESH
05-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Ford 9-inch ... see the TCI folks for a good Currie set-up and you'll be able to pass that pet peeve of Chad's off to another poor schlub.

BTW ... you do pretty good for not having both rear tires dancing in synch.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

That could quite possibly be the nicest thing anyone has said about my ability to drive--I'll take it coming from you!!

Thanks for the advice---looking forward to moving on from "Schlub" status--although I do enjoy being a Chad target. Wondering if he will be at Pleasanton---see you guys there or along the way---

Doug

big gear head
05-24-2010, 04:23 AM
The Truetrac would be a good choice. There are also some other differential s for the 9 inch that work well for auto cross and road racing, but I can't recall the name of them right now. One of them is black and one is gold. If I remember I'll post the names. These are all gear type differentials with no clutches in them.

6'9"Witha69
05-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Doug, I didn't know you were a proctologist!?

DFRESH
05-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Doug, I didn't know you were a proctologist!?

I knew this would go downhill at some point--thanks for taking us there VP Nick.

6'9"Witha69
05-25-2010, 06:43 AM
I knew this would go downhill at some point--thanks for taking us there VP Nick.
Glad to be of service!