PDA

View Full Version : Random Noise?

SicMonte
05-17-2010, 07:21 AM
ok. I have the new CPP rear springs in. I put on the Vari-Shocks on all four corners. I have the new tires on. I have the curr-trac lower control arms in but not the uppers yet, I ran out of time. This means that I have not set up the correct pinion angle yet. The drive shaft is almost straight with this set up. The new 18's are on with the KDW II's.

From inside the car with the windows up I can hear a noise coming from the rear of the car. This noise sounds like water flowing through the pipes when someone is taking a shower....kinda like a ssshhhhhhhhhhhh noise.

Do you have any ideas what this could be? This noise starts when the car gets going and grows louder as speed is increased. Could this be tire noise from the new BFG KDW II's or is this a rear end noise? Ther rear has new fluid in it.

Any ideas?

justasquid
05-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Does the noise change with gas inputs? Meaning, does it get louder or quieter as get on the gas, or off the gas? Usually, gear rearend noise will change as the input load changes, even at a constant speed.

If it gets louder as the speed increases, and thats the only thing that makes it more pronounced, I'd lean towards the tires.

However, I would find a nice dirt road,(if it doesn't bother you that is) or a road with a different surface, smoother or rougher, and see if the noise changes then. If its still there, and doesnt change, even on dirt, its probably not the tires.

SicMonte
05-20-2010, 06:26 AM
Turns out the noise is my carrier bearing in the rear going bad!! Nothing like silver flake diff fluid!!!!!!