PDA

View Full Version : Some video from 2010 Goodguys Costa Mesa Sunday

Chad-1stGen
05-16-2010, 02:10 PM
I got some video with my point and shoot camera. Thought you guys might enjoy.

I only have time to upload 4 or 5 video's before the g/f takes the laptop with her to the airport.

The first one is:

Marry Pozzi doing a 28 second run.
http://www.vimeo.com/11790005

EDIT: Second video is ready.

Jon running a super smooth run in his Nova
http://www.vimeo.com/11790428

Doug's 69 Camaro (Sorry Doug I had a better one of you doing a 30 second run but uploaded the wrong one)
http://www.vimeo.com/11790862

Chad-1stGen
05-16-2010, 03:38 PM
I ran out of room on vimeo but was able to upload 2 more videos before g/f took the laptop with all the vids lol.

Both of these youtube video's are available in HD so set em to 720 and go fullscreen!

Here is Karl kicking but in his Chevelle:
yz3UZxa1_oQ

And Matt aka the Stig putting on a show in his G8
3XGKOQnPe6w

MarkM66
05-16-2010, 03:46 PM
I got some video with my point and shoot camera. Thought you guys might enjoy.

I only have time to upload 4 or 5 video's before the g/f takes the laptop with her to the airport.

The first one is:

Marry Pozzi doing a 28 second run.
http://www.vimeo.com/11790005

EDIT: Second video is ready.

Jon running a super smooth run in his Nova
http://www.vimeo.com/11790428

Doug's 69 Camaro (Sorry Doug I had a better one of you doing a 30 second run but uploaded the wrong one)
http://www.vimeo.com/11790862

It says these are all private.

DFRESH
05-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks Chad---I signed up --but still can't find the video---did you actually get the 30.7 on video? Great to see you guys again--sure hope you can make the June Pleasanton drive and show--would be a great time.

Doug

Steve1968LS2
05-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Had a blast.. my best time was a 29.4x but mary managed a 28.9x

I wanna be more like Mary!! lol

Great seeing all of you out there.. wish we got more runs!

xKtxdIDgJjU

Chad-1stGen
05-16-2010, 05:42 PM
It says these are all private.

Sorry guys. I fixed the 3 vimeo video's anyone should be able to watch them now.

Doug, I don't have your 30.7 because that was yesterday after I left. The one I meant to upload from today was a 30.9 for you.

I also have a few more I can hopefully get uploaded later. One of Bad Penny when Mary drove it.

Steve1968LS2
05-16-2010, 05:53 PM
One of Bad Penny when Mary drove it.

oh hell yea.. i wanna see that to see where I'm loosing half a second!

Nessumsar
05-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks for posting those up Chad! Of course my fastest lap was the only one where I hit a cone....

It's all of that bandage weight! :razz: I don't know how she does it, but man she is quick!

CarlC
05-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Did I mention that I hate autocross?

Chad-1stGen
05-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Carl your vid is coming! :p (I'm just happy nothing bad happened on that first run!)

Doug here is a 30 second run for ya

TDE4jK2GcaI

EDIT: Another vid done. No idea whose car this is but I felt like videoing it cause it was a 4 door

1XoXs1M2eQE

Henry D
05-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Great clips, thanks for sharing!

CarlC
05-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Gee, I can hardly wait to see that bit of glory.

Steve1968LS2
05-16-2010, 08:05 PM
It's all of that bandage weight! :razz: I don't know how she does it, but man she is quick!

She makes my car look good

Vegas69
05-16-2010, 08:11 PM

That isn't autocross, I have no desire to run a good guys autocross.

Chad-1stGen
05-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Gee, I can hardly wait to see that bit of glory.

I only have video of your second run Carl :)

And here it is :)

zFrDoYVfNOg Too bad I didn't get your 3rd vid. You improved over a second from this one.

Someone's orange 69 Camaro
DjUehZ7IN38

DFRESH
05-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Thanks Chad---it's great to have some video of the car! Thanks for taking the time to put all of these up on the site and shoot video at the track--that's very cool of you to do. Sure had a good time this weekend--was great seeing everyone and hanging out--looking forward to Pleasanton!

Doug

DFRESH
05-16-2010, 08:33 PM

LOL--yes-- a couple times today my friend----

Doug

-The Stig-
05-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Chad, thank you for getting a video of me.. and, it being my fastest run of the weekend. 31.732... last run of the day, just going for the hell of it... ended up being my fastest.

The G8 doesn't like the tight "Peanuts" fast transitions. Too much body roll, overloads the outside tire and breaks loose way too easy. But, it is controllable when tail out... I'm glad I never tagged a cone hard enough for it to count... especially when hanging the ass end out.

Good weekend guys, after the last few weeks I had at work... I needed that. Thanks everybody! More runs would of been nice but hanging with all you buttheads was fun in itself. ;)

Oh, and Dougie Fresh is the man. His family is awesome, inviting Jon and I over Sat. Night for BBQ and drinks. Way cool guy, and his "Race Room" is pretty legit.

Anybody get some pics?

LM7_67
05-16-2010, 08:41 PM
looks like a great time guys! I wish I could've made it

406 Q-ship
05-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Great videos Chad. That was my best run and the one I just dropped the hammer on. Matt (the stig) told me to get a low 32, so I did!

Chad any chance I can get a copy of that for myself?

-The Stig-
05-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Great videos Chad. That was my best run and the one I just dropped the hammer on. Matt (the stig) told me to get a low 32, so I did!

hahah, yes, I do believe I said that... I also said if the car slides let it do its thing... what happened? You got a bit more loose and she rotated around a bit and you ran your fastest time.

Boom! Awesomeness has been achieved. Your '68 is awesome... I'm a fan of it. :)

Chad-1stGen
05-16-2010, 08:56 PM

Here you go Steve! Remember if you go to the Youtube site you can watch it in HD :p

9GbqFKSX-sQ

Chad-1stGen
05-16-2010, 08:59 PM

Sure thing Karl. I believe I have another of your runs too but I posted the faster of the two cause I'm cool like that lol.

They are 100-150 megs each so unless you are in Long Beach anytime soon just PM me your address and I can probably mail you a CD.

EDIT: G/F is now in Norcal and has all of the originals on her laptop. She was a trooper and uploaded a bunch of these videos for me once she got to the Fam's house. So I might not be able to get to it until she comes home next Sunday.

DFRESH
05-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Thanks for posting those up Chad! Of course my fastest lap was the only one where I hit a cone....

Dude--congrads on today---was great seeing you put the car into the 30's----very cool!

Doug

Chad-1stGen
05-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Dude--congrads on today---was great seeing you put the car into the 30's----very cool!

Doug

No Kidding!!! I was way impressed. What mods have you done to the suspension Jon?

Prepare to be dizzy lol. Jenni (my Fiance) is my camera mount so she isn't quite as steady as Steve's lol

CP2_xwL0Sko

406 Q-ship
hahah, yes, I do believe I said that... I also said if the car slides let it do its thing... what happened? You got a bit more loose and she rotated around a bit and you ran your fastest time.

Boom! Awesomeness has been achieved. Your '68 is awesome... I'm a fan of it. :)

The car had been sliding all weekend long! Knowing was the last run I was gonna run'er out the back door.......then boom a low 32. That was one hell of a fun pass. My car is on hard a** tires (320 tw) and a street alignment, with more negatative camber and some sticky tires it would have layed down some great times.

DFRESH
Chad, thank you for getting a video of me.. and, it being my fastest run of the weekend. 31.732... last run of the day, just going for the hell of it... ended up being my fastest.

The G8 doesn't like the tight "Peanuts" fast transitions. Too much body roll, overloads the outside tire and breaks loose way too easy. But, it is controllable when tail out... I'm glad I never tagged a cone hard enough for it to count... especially when hanging the ass end out.

Good weekend guys, after the last few weeks I had at work... I needed that. Thanks everybody! More runs would of been nice but hanging with all you buttheads was fun in itself. ;)

Oh, and Dougie Fresh is the man. His family is awesome, inviting Jon and I over Sat. Night for BBQ and drinks. Way cool guy, and his "Race Room" is pretty legit.

Anybody get some pics?

Matt--great to hang with you guys-----glad you guys got to come over--was a lot of fun---already looking forward to the next one--hopefully the drag car will be running sometime soon--even though I know I should sell it and get some good parts for the PT car---

Doug

406 Q-ship
05-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Sure thing Karl. I believe I have another of your runs too but I posted the faster of the two cause I'm cool like that lol.

They are 100-150 megs each so unless you are in Long Beach anytime soon just PM me your address and I can probably mail you a CD.

EDIT: G/F is now in Norcal and has all of the originals on her laptop. She was a trooper and uploaded a bunch of these videos for me once she got to the Fam's house. So I might not be able to get to it until she comes home next Sunday.

Just for the record....Chad has the coolest girlfriend. I think that Jenni's video work was pretty good. I'm in Torrance so a LB run is not out of the question.

69sponge
05-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Chad ,the orange 69 was mine.Thanks for putting up the video.My 6 year old daughter will love to see it in morning.I also had the stig in my ear for my last run of the day that was a 31.2 which was my best of the weekend.I had a great two days thanks to all...........Paul

DFRESH
05-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Chad ,the orange 69 was mine.Thanks for putting up the video.My 6 year old daughter will love to see it in morning.I also had the stig in my ear for my last run of the day that was a 31.2 which was my best of the weekend.I had a great two days thanks to all...........Paul

Paul--thanks again for the ticket brother---my 7 year old says thanks also. Great to meet you today!

Doug

Chad-1stGen
05-16-2010, 09:17 PM

Cool Paul. I thought your car might belong to a member on the site so I took footage just in case. Plus its a beautiful car!!

When I was setting up these files and yours specifically I was wishing I had your last run. I think you improved by over 1.5 seconds or something crazy like that. WAY TO GO!!

69sponge
05-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Doug ,glad i could help you out. it was also good meeting you and that bad black 69.

Steve1968LS2
05-17-2010, 07:15 AM
That isn't autocross, I have no desire to run a good guys autocross.

snob.. lol

Vegas69
05-17-2010, 07:39 AM
I'm afraid I've caught the Lillard syndrom. LOL I'm spoiled over here with our fast set ups. To many concrete barracades for me!

Steve1968LS2
05-17-2010, 07:48 AM
I'm afraid I've caught the Lillard syndrom. LOL I'm spoiled over here with our fast set ups. To many concrete barracades for me!

I agree.. my point is that:

1. any driving is good driving
2. it beats the crap out of a static car show
3. its a great way to get newbies into the hobbie since its non-threatening - they can move to real autocrossing later with more confidence

Vegas69
05-17-2010, 07:55 AM
That's true, it's the perfect set up for the show crowd. Not saying I wouldn't attend a good guys show, just not for the autocross. haha It's all about the people anyway. Except for Doug.

406 Q-ship
05-17-2010, 07:59 AM
I agree.. my point is that:

1. any driving is good driving
2. it beats the crap out of a static car show
3. its a great way to get newbies into the hobbie since its non-threatening - they can move to real autocrossing later with more confidence

It is great too see all the shows putting on Auto-Xs now. I was so done with car shows and the hours of sitting in a lawn chairs. Now the shows are fun again. It was so cool to see some of the show cars on the track.

chevyhector
05-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Hey Guys, This past weekend was a blast, both my son and myself were present during Mary's 28 sec run. very impressive Mary! Mary was even going to allow my son ride shotgun, but the person in charge of the autocross didn’t allow him to ride because of his age, he’s not 18 yet. I do need to thank Mary, for making my son feel like one of the group. Thank you !

But on the other hand, I did ride along with Mike Marrow in the Spectre's El Camino, What a Friggin blast of a ride ! Thanks Mike !

Hopefully, Medusa will be ready soon to race along side of all of you guys and Mary!!

chevyhector
05-17-2010, 09:02 AM
BTW all, check out the latest Camaro Perfomers Mag on page 16. Medusa made the Mag.!!!!
Thanks allot Steve

Nessumsar
05-17-2010, 11:11 AM
No Kidding!!! I was way impressed. What mods have you done to the suspension Jon?

Just a few of the necessities really; Hotchkis springs, Kyb shocks, Adco front bar, urethane bushings, Pozzi allignment specs.

It would help soo much to have the Gulstrand Mod and Posi. Getting the rear to rotate on command would be a nice touch...

Thanks again Chad for posting up all of the videos. :cool: Did anyone get some still shots?

DynoDon
05-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Cool to see the video's. I was there with my Falcon Convertible, first time on an autocross track in 30+ years. Broke the Limited slip a couple of days before and was running on rock hard, skinny 195/60's but still had a blast and ran a low 34 which i thought was pretty good for spining the tires (one at a time) all the way around.

Nessumsar
05-17-2010, 01:36 PM
I would have say that a low 34 on old skinny tires is down right impressive! And welcome to the board!

-The Stig-
05-17-2010, 01:50 PM
I would have say that a low 34 on old skinny tires is down right impressive! And welcome to the board!

Agreed...

Speaking of old skinny tires... we need to kill those burn offs in your backyard.

Hey wait..., shouldn't you be working?... :dunno:

Nessumsar
05-17-2010, 01:52 PM
I am.

I need a posi first, then tire killin time!

DFRESH
05-17-2010, 02:09 PM
That's true, it's the perfect set up for the show crowd. Not saying I wouldn't attend a good guys show, just not for the autocross. haha It's all about the people anyway. Except for Doug.

You know, we put together a 4 story Barbie Dream house together after a full day of "Real" autocrossing, "Real" roadcoursing and a "Real" speed stop challenge and you are still a hater.

Honestly, these small ones are really fun bro---I can say that I really got to know the car better on this type of course. I once again learned about driver input, shock adjustments, tire pressures, etc without much fear of damage to the car itself. I was really glad I attended---mostly once again for the people--got to hang out with all kinds of great folks this weekend--what a blast. The big road courses are by far the funnest for me personally (only have been on the one thus far), however I spoke with lots of folks who said after running on the small auto-x several times that they wanted to now try a larger one. I think Good Guys events are the primer which sets up the larger addiction to big auto xing and road coursing. I can see why you personally would be past this since you have a car that is setup for what you love doing-competing--I think for most others who aren't quite there yet that these GG events are a great way to begin testing the waters a bit to see if the car and the individual are ready to try something even bigger. You would have enjoyed yourself at this event---being as competitive as you are--you would have been right there in the hunt---plus you would be in the running to get into Optima. Lots of people would really enjoy seeing your car in person as well--I think it's good for the hobby to see cars at your level attending events like this. I think for most of the others, including myself, with cars that aren't as elaborate as yours, it's about the fun and the community first--being truly competitive is, thus far, only for a handful that I have seen.

Doug

Vegas69
05-17-2010, 03:09 PM
I hear ya man. RTTC was by far the best time I've had with my car and it clearly wasn't all about the racing. The time spent with the guys and gals was half the fun for me. Even the barbie house was kind of enjoyable. haha I'm a fairly competitive guy but enjoy the rest just as much. I feel like the good guys is a tease since it doesn't showcase much performance but it's better than nothing. I wish I could make good guys Pleasanton but it's not looking good at all. Between the new house, old house, business, and who knows what else.... I've got myself painted in a box for a little while.

DFRESH
05-17-2010, 06:55 PM
I hear ya man. RTTC was by far the best time I've had with my car and it clearly wasn't all about the racing. The time spent with the guys and gals was half the fun for me. Even the barbie house was kind of enjoyable. haha I'm a fairly competitive guy but enjoy the rest just as much. I feel like the good guys is a tease since it doesn't showcase much performance but it's better than nothing. I wish I could make good guys Pleasanton but it's not looking good at all. Between the new house, old house, business, and who knows what else.... I've got myself painted in a box for a little while.

Send me some pics of the new place when you have time--over the phone is cool--really want to see the shop/garage that you will get to work in--sounds like a smokin deal. I am bummed you won't be coming for June drive up the coast--have been looking forward to that for the past 7 months. Maybe the next RTTH---if you want to make the trip--in the month of Sept---to Pigeon Forge--I'm going.

69sponge
05-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Chad ,thanks for the kind words.On my last run i thought to my self this it it dummy you better make it good.Im glad the car made me look good Thanks again........Paul

Chad-1stGen
05-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Send me some pics of the new place when you have time--over the phone is cool--really want to see the shop/garage that you will get to work in--sounds like a smokin deal. I am bummed you won't be coming for June drive up the coast--have been looking forward to that for the past 7 months. Maybe the next RTTH---if you want to make the trip--in the month of Sept---to Pigeon Forge--I'm going.

You driving it or trailering it?

TCI Engineering
05-18-2010, 07:10 AM
I'm still looking at all the videos Ben(my marketing guru) shot but here are some pics in the meantime.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys54-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys53-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys45-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys44-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys35-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys40-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys32-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys24-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys25-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys17-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys13-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys12-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys11-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys6-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys8-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys2-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys1-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Images2010CostaMesaGoodGuys0-1.jpg

TCI Engineering
05-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Here are the videos

DSE's 1st Gen with Ryan driving 29.361
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/th_DetroitSpeedRyanTime29361-1.jpg (http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/TotalCostInvolved/tech/2010%20Goodguys%20Costa%20Mesa/?action=view&current=DetroitSpeedRyanTime29361.flv)

DSE's 2nd gen with Kyle driving 29.537
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/th_DetroitSpeedKyleTime29537-1.jpg (http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/TotalCostInvolved/tech/2010%20Goodguys%20Costa%20Mesa/?action=view&current=DetroitSpeedKyleTime29537.flv)

Hotchkis with Aaron driving 29.320
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/th_HotchkisAndrew-1.jpg (http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/TotalCostInvolved/tech/2010%20Goodguys%20Costa%20Mesa/?action=view&current=HotchkisAndrew.flv)

Starlite 1st gen with Jack driving 31.651
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/th_JackStarLightTime31651-1.jpg (http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/TotalCostInvolved/tech/2010%20Goodguys%20Costa%20Mesa/?action=view&current=JackStarLightTime31651.flv)

Jeff from CarCraft 30.423
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/th_JeffEditorofCarCaftChevlle-1.jpg (http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/TotalCostInvolved/tech/2010%20Goodguys%20Costa%20Mesa/?action=view&current=JeffEditorofCarCaftChevlle.flv)

Mary driving the TCI Camaro 29.053
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/th_MaryChris29053Time-1.jpg (http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/TotalCostInvolved/tech/2010%20Goodguys%20Costa%20Mesa/?action=view&current=MaryChris29053Time.flv)

Mary driving Bad Penny 29.621
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/th_MaryDrivingBadPennyTime29621-1.jpg (http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/TotalCostInvolved/tech/2010%20Goodguys%20Costa%20Mesa/?action=view&current=MaryDrivingBadPennyTime29621.flv)

Mary driving her own car 28.906
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/th_MaryPozziCarCamaroTime28906-1.jpg (http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/TotalCostInvolved/tech/2010%20Goodguys%20Costa%20Mesa/?action=view&current=MaryPozziCarCamaroTime28906.flv)

Nick driving his own car 29.272
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/th_NickBlackCamaroTime29272-1.jpg (http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/TotalCostInvolved/tech/2010%20Goodguys%20Costa%20Mesa/?action=view&current=NickBlackCamaroTime29272.flv)

TCI Camaro with Sal driving 30.830
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/th_SalTime30835-1.jpg (http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/TotalCostInvolved/tech/2010%20Goodguys%20Costa%20Mesa/?action=view&current=SalTime30835.flv)

Kent's '62 Nova 33.506
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/th_KentCarpenterTime62NovaTime33506-1.jpg (http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/TotalCostInvolved/tech/2010%20Goodguys%20Costa%20Mesa/?action=view&current=KentCarpenterTime62NovaTime33506.flv)

C5 Z06 29.451
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/th_ZR1CorvetteTime29451-1.jpg (http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/TotalCostInvolved/tech/2010%20Goodguys%20Costa%20Mesa/?action=view&current=ZR1CorvetteTime29451.flv)

Matt@BOS
05-18-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks for putting up the video. I never got to see Jon run in the Nova or Matt in the G8 because I was lined up next to them.

All I can say is that the Peg Leg crew kicked some ass out there. I'm impressed, and the G8 looked like it held its own too (weren't there four people in it at one point?).

The goodguys peanut autocross is growing on me too. I'm really wanting to make the drive up to Pleasanton now. You are still going, right Doug?

Oh and Chad, where is the video that you took riding shotgun when your buddy couldn't find the brake pedal soon enough. I'm sure it probably sounded like one of Mary's clips :lmao:

Matt

rrunner68
05-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Yeah, there were definately a few cars that got pretty damn close to the wall.

Cdog
05-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Awesome run Jack!

Hey, was Jack Black the announcer?:lmao:

rrunner68
05-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Oh and the driver of the E-max is Aaron.

DFRESH
05-18-2010, 07:52 PM
You driving it or trailering it?

Dude-- I am driving it--until it breaks--you wanna come along? Once it a lifetime opportunity---I have always wanted to see the midwest in the seat of a 69 camaro----If Bill and the Rat Pack did it, I believe we can do the same.

Doug

nickdoe6
05-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Ben, nice job on the videos...

Nick

DFRESH
05-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks for putting up the video. I never got to see Jon run in the Nova or Matt in the G8 because I was lined up next to them.

All I can say is that the Peg Leg crew kicked some ass out there. I'm impressed, and the G8 looked like it held its own too (weren't there four people in it at one point?).

The goodguys peanut autocross is growing on me too. I'm really wanting to make the drive up to Pleasanton now. You are still going, right Doug?

Oh and Chad, where is the video that you took riding shotgun when your buddy couldn't find the brake pedal soon enough. I'm sure it probably sounded like one of Mary's clips :lmao:

Matt

Matt, yah---still going to Pleasanton---I put up an invite post under open discussion section. Sure hope you guys can make it---

Doug

406 Q-ship
05-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Dude-- I am driving it--until it breaks--you wanna come along? Once it a lifetime opportunity---I have always wanted to see the midwest in the seat of a 69 camaro----If Bill and the Rat Pack did it, I believe we can do the same.

Doug

Should we do a caravan? I am seroiusly considering taking the Malibu to RTTH, seems only fair that we help support RTTH considering that the East Coast help with RTTC. I have seen the country from the behind the wheel of the Chevelle a year ago last X-mas. Road Trip!

CurtiSS 69
05-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Wow! I looks like it was a really good time, and as always The Stig was driving looking out the side windows around the turns.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

TCI Engineering
05-20-2010, 11:02 AM
I forgot I had a couple pics on my phone.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Photo0021-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Photo0022-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/Photo0023-1.jpg

-The Stig-
05-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Wow! I looks like it was a really good time, and as always The Stig was driving looking out the side windows around the turns.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

That's just me trying to counter the body roll..

It's call active handling... yeahhh... that's it. lol

The G8 seats don't grip me very well laterally... they're made for.. umm "the average American" that's a bit wider in the mid section. Not for skinny little guys like myself... so I guess I tend to lean a bit to keep me 'centered' hahah.

I'm not sure if I'm happy that nobody got video of my earlier runs, the ones that are all drifty... they're sloppy with understeer and throttle induced oversteer to counteract the front end push... but they were by far the funnest runs. :) The Sumitomos (300tw) I have on the car don't have the sticky grip of the stock Bridgestones (140tw).

I'm usually good for a few cones, but I didn't hit any... even when sliding that G8's fat @ss around.

I let out about 10psi of tire pressure the second day, from roughly 35-36psi to 25-27psi by my little analogue gauge. Seemed to help, definitely was less of a whale to drive (or seemed like).

Which reminds me, I gotta go air 'em back up. lol

Chad-1stGen
05-21-2010, 11:31 AM

Doug

No kidding. I so want to do it. The question is the time of year. I'm getting married September 5th so I'm not sure RTTH is the honeymoon Jenni had in mind ha ha ha!

It would be neat to get a west coast contingent to drive all the way. I do have to point out that Bill and the Rat Pack trailered and we are talking about making that drive in the cars (and by we I mean you so far LMAO)!

-The Stig-
05-21-2010, 11:41 AM
I'd go to RTTH back east if I could get time off of work... The G8 would be the perfect long hauler... I would need to put some form of muffler on it though, exhaust drones too much at highway speeds.

Friggin harmonics... why always annoying at cruising speeds? lol