PDA

View Full Version : Need an appraisel for my 52 Dodge Truck in North Carolina

funbnme
04-02-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm trying to finish up the title work on my 52 Truck and I need an appraisel done. I live in the Greensboro area.

Here's the background:

I bought the truck from a neighbor.
He bought it in Oct, 2006 from a local dealer (who's now closed down).
He never got the title transferred into his name and he lost the bill of sale. The title is properly signed & notarized.
In order to get the title in his name ( so he can sign it over to me), NC requires 2 appraisals to determine the value (so you can pay the taxes).

The appraisal needs to be from a licensed NC dealer. Even though there are price listings on NADAonline, NC DMV won't accept that.

The truck was rough when I bought it and it's only worth around $2100...so to pay a classic car appraiser hundreds of dollars so we can pay a $60 tax is tough to swallow.

I found one dealer who is giving me an appraisal and I just need one more.

Does anyone here have a friend that's a licensed dealer in NC who can do an appraisal? I have tons of pictures and a detailed description of the truck. I'm not asking for a freebie...just a fair price.

I'm also not trying to cheat anyone out of the taxes...I just want to get this done right & legal.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

BTW...I'm working on a motor right now to drop into the truck. I found a 1957 354 Hemi that's being rebuilt right now and hope to drop it in the truck later this year.