PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a total cost inv subframe 4 gen 1

edelectra
02-24-2010, 05:41 AM
looking for feedback on tci subframe fitment . look . ect

67 Camaro
02-24-2010, 07:51 AM
I have both the front end and the rear 4 link. it looks bad ass! the workmanship is dead on, really good stuff, however their sales department is a little stupid... so are their turn-overs... I had good quality products as far as the fitment of the frames and what not but when it came to the bolts, whashers, and other peice parts I actually had to travel back and fourth several times to get all my parts! my suggestion is that you test fit EVERYTHING before the install, I'm very glad that I did because there were some issues with bolts, nuts and missing parts. They have no sense of accountability when it comes to actually issuing your stuff... thus I would take a worker and str8 up spend the 2 hrs to check every package of bolts before you take off....

oh and if you plan on mini tubbing then let them know so they can build you the custom rear end you need, i'm in that situation now where i didn't want to mini tub and now i do, so i'm SOL.... =(

Iamtheonlyreal1
02-24-2010, 08:12 AM
I also used the TCI system because it was Bad ASSS looking.. The fitment was good, but the sales and Tech assist is definitely lacking. They gave me information that was inacurate when it came to the t-56 6-speed trans that lead me total wrong direction.

Also, no attachment points for the front Brake Flex line attachment. No where in the directions did it say that they needed to be made, and it was an oversight on my part.. I didnt notice until the unit was powder coated and was doing the final assembly.

Also, the 4 link rear set up on there makes exhaust very tricky.. The z bar cuts right into the rear floor pan where your mufflers would generally tuck into the floor pan, so you lose about 2 inches of ground clearance there if you are not care.. Again, another oversight until final assembly.

Overall... I loved the look of it because it replaced the boxy factory style subframe and made alot of extra clearance. Headers can be removed in about 10 minutes..LOL The Frame also solidy mounts to the body, so do expect a bit of difference in stiffness and noise tranferance.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/02/bb15-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/02/bb22-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/02/1222297682-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/02/1222297666-1.jpg

edelectra
02-24-2010, 08:45 AM
thank u the sales dept told me it uses stock subframe bushings lol im worried about flex cause it only has 1 single tube at the back of the frame what size is the main tube

edelectra
02-24-2010, 08:49 AM
also can you use a z bar if u want?

Iamtheonlyreal1
02-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Factory Body mount Bushing? Really? You may want to do some more research on that.. We ran ours without because that is the way the system works, and everything lined up properly.. If you run the stock body bushings, then the 4-link and subrame connectors will not line up..

Maybe they changed something, but I dont think they did.. I am telling you from experience, every person you talk to there will tell you something different. I was given specific instructions and measurements for the Ls and T56 6-speed, so I went with them. Then when I found out these instructions didnt work after paintwork was done and we were in final assembly, the next guys I talked to said they never performed that install and didnt know where the figures came from.. I was like WTF...

Do your own fitment and research, trust me.. If you like the looks of this system, I dont think there is anything else that resembles it..

edelectra
02-24-2010, 08:57 AM
lol it is very pretty what size is the main tube ps thanks 4 all the help

Iamtheonlyreal1
02-24-2010, 09:00 AM
The Z Bar is mandatory.. That is what keeps your rear end from swaying from the right and left.. it centers the rear end in the car. I can see about getting the measurments, but TCI should be able to give you the specifics.. It is possible they changed something.

edelectra
02-24-2010, 09:06 AM
not the track bar the clutch z bar

TCI Engineering
02-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Factory Body mount Bushing? Really? You may want to do some more research on that.. We ran ours without because that is the way the system works, and everything lined up properly.. If you run the stock body bushings, then the 4-link and subrame connectors will not line up..

Maybe they changed something, but I dont think they did.. I am telling you from experience, every person you talk to there will tell you something different. I was given specific instructions and measurements for the Ls and T56 6-speed, so I went with them. Then when I found out these instructions didnt work after paintwork was done and we were in final assembly, the next guys I talked to said they never performed that install and didnt know where the figures came from.. I was like WTF...

Do your own fitment and research, trust me.. If you like the looks of this system, I dont think there is anything else that resembles it..

First off, the car looks great!!!!

You are correct about the body bushings. Our subframe hard mounts to the body.

I'm sorry to hear about the conflicting information you received from our tech department. We have 3 tech guys here, myself(Jason), Evan and Sal but it is very rare that Sal would be on the phone as he is our VP of Operations. Evan and Sal have been here 20+ years so I usually go to them for tech help that are over my head.

edelectra,

I must apologize with one of the specifications I gave you yesterday for the tube diameter. It is in fact 2" not 1.75".

TCI Engineering
02-25-2010, 09:03 AM
I just ran outside and snapped a picture with my camera phone to show where we install the brake hose.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/02/ATT77398-1.jpg