PDA

View Full Version : AIR RIDE HELP!! Solenoid stuck OPEN?

formula
02-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Hey everybody, I need your help as fast as you can provide--The solenoid on my ridepro e2 seems to be stuck in the open position, and is thus leaking air into my bag constantly! I'm super-concerned that I could end up blowing a bag. Does anybody have any ideas or advice? Here's a detailed list of what's going on:

--started the car, set to ride height.

--right rear bag continued to inflate.

--deflated, right rear bag immediately reinflated.

--shut car down, right rear bag CONTINUED to inflate!!

I can deflate the bag manually, but as soon as I deflate it, it starts to refill again. The only solution I can think of is to just keep airing the bag out without letting the compressors kick in to purge the system--but that's clearly a bandaid fix.

EBARTH55
02-21-2010, 02:03 PM
I have had a similar problem there are 2 things to do
take the magnet off of the solenoid and remove the valve post to make sure there is no debris causing it to stick, clean it up use some light weight oil or spray lube and reassemble
MOST LIKELY you will need to call Brett @ ridetech though because the problem is in the electronic control box a diode problem or something like that. They will send you a new box or repair yours.
but take it apart first so you can diagnose the unit

MonzaRacer
02-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Easy test, unplug solenoid to that spring, if it still goes up its sticking or has some foreign object holding it open, its very easy to have small piece of plastic line or thread tape or other debris in solenoid holding it open.
A volt meter would tell you if its being continuously activated.
pm darren@ridetech or better yet call them.

formula
02-22-2010, 10:01 AM
good advice, guys, thanks for the help! it's stopped overinflating so I'll work this out as I get time. We can move this out of the emergency forum.