PDA

View Full Version : SPC LCA question

DAVE68
02-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Anybody have any problems with SPC lower control arms and sway bar endlinks? This pass spring i installed new SPC lca's, eibach 1.3 drop springs with 1" spacers, because ride height was to low and a Hotckis sway bar, i remember the end links were a pain to install. I noticed yesterday one of my lower sway bar end link bushings is gone!!!

JRouche
02-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Wow, gonzo huh? Was it poly or rubber? I have seen rubber bushings degrade quickly but poly usually sticks around. Even with some severely offset angles and harsh road conditions. Poly can take a lot of compression and not break down. If the angles of the end links are really severe can you extend the mountings to straighten the links up some? Yeah, I dont have the SPC lowers so I dont know where the sway bar links mount up. Pics? JR

wmhjr
02-19-2010, 09:14 PM
I recently swapped a stock style front sway bar with Energy Suspension end links in favor of the new Hellwig tubular bar. Actually I had to modify the end links to make the SPC LCAs fit. The Hellwig was very easy to install. No issues at all with it except a slight clearance issue with the Spohn heavy duty tie rod adjuster on the passenger side when the vehice is in the air (and not yet aligned).

I'm using the SPC "Race" adjustable uppers, the SPC tubular lowers, the SCandC Stage II+, SPC springs and the Hellwig 1 1/4" tubular front sway bar.

DAVE68
02-20-2010, 04:47 AM
Wmhjr, what mods did you have to do? And what shocks or coilovers are you using? The shock mounting is altered with the SPC lca's deep coil spring pocket. I have read that some are using shock extenders. Thanks for the replies!

wmhjr
02-20-2010, 04:55 AM
With the stock front sway bar, the spacers on the energy suspension end links were too long and I needed to machine them shorter. When I replaced that sway bar with the Hellwig unit, it came with all replacement end links and frame mounts (and frankly they are far superior to the Energy Suspension ones). Those bolted right up.

I'm using Bilstein shocks. I didn't need to do anything whatsoever. Everything bolted right up with no problems at all.