PDA

View Full Version : More Mopar ???

chufham
02-18-2010, 10:00 AM
I have done a lot of searching here on Mopar suspensions and there is a lot for early B Bodies (74 and Older) A bodies up to 76 and so on. But very little on the forgotten B Bodies the 75-77 Charger-Fury 75-79 Cordoba and the 78-79 Dodge Magnum.

I seen where it was mentioned several times that the K member could be beefed up by welding and gusseting. Where are those points at?

Also what is the best way to strengthen the LCA?

I have both the Cordoba and Magnum GT and the Magnum is my project car so it will be my PT car on a low end budget. A little info on the GT

400 B block engine
727 Lock up trans ( I hope to change it to a 5 Speed)
The rear is unknown for now but I look to put in a 8 3/4 SG rear with 3.23 gear set

Any suggestions will be helpful.

rrunner68
02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
I believe FFI carries stuff for the later 70's stuff. Good luck, your best bet may just be really well tuned stock stuff.

chufham
02-18-2010, 02:04 PM
True there are some really good parts out there I have found. I just need to learn where to modify the K member and the LCR.

I can get heavier Torsion bars and leaf springs. And Aluminum mounts for the K member and Torsion bars. The rest I will have to I will need to make up as I go along like sub frame connectors and stuff.

Junkyards here I come.

wellis77
02-18-2010, 04:10 PM
You may want to connect with Bill Reilly at Reilly Motorsports a cool. He's done some one-off stuff and his website is also NOT complete with all his goodies so maybe he has something OR can point you in the right direction.

chufham
02-18-2010, 04:23 PM
I am looking to improve on what I have. And the AlterKtion he has is out of my reach for now.

chufham
02-19-2010, 10:59 AM
You may want to connect with Bill Reilly at Reilly Motorsports a cool. He's done some one-off stuff and his website is also NOT complete with all his goodies so maybe he has something OR can point you in the right direction.

I called Bill Reilly like you suggested and had a nice short talk with him. He has a kit for my car which is great, he will be putting it on his website soon.

This will make it easier to go in the direction I want to go in with my car. Thanks wellis77

High Plains Mopars
02-19-2010, 02:40 PM
K frame mods would consist of welding up the seams and adding gussets to the steering box area.

Lower control arm boxing plates are available from Firm Feel and Mancini. However, I've got a set I've never used I'll sell you for $20.

Shocks are a concern though as there is limited aftermarket choice for these. In the rear you can convert to a non-iso set up using traditional shock plates and use earlier B shocks. Up front, you have to get creative. After gusseting, you can open up the top of the control arm to allow shock body access and use earlier B body fronts or you can punch through the top and bottom plates and use 1st gen Camaro shocks.

Subframe conenctors are just 2x3x.090 square tube you weld. $20 at a local metal supplier.

What else are are you after?

chufham
02-19-2010, 02:46 PM
K frame mods would consist of welding up the seams and adding gussets to the steering box area.

Lower control arm boxing plates are available from Firm Feel and Mancini. However, I've got a set I've never used I'll sell you for $20.

Shocks are a concern though as there is limited aftermarket choice for these. In the rear you can convert to a non-iso set up using traditional shock plates and use earlier B shocks. Up front, you have to get creative. After gusseting, you can open up the top of the control arm to allow shock body access and use earlier B body fronts or you can punch through the top and bottom plates and use 1st gen Camaro shocks.

Subframe conenctors are just 2x3x.090 square tube you weld. $20 at a local metal supplier.

What else are are you after?

PM sent. Thanks for the tips that will get me going in the right direction.

High Plains Mopars
02-20-2010, 08:17 AM
Here are the shock set ups in my mopar F body, which are similar to your magnum. This is the camaro shock arrangement up front and the non-iso clamp rear set up.

chufham
02-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks I know what to look for.

class67
02-20-2010, 01:07 PM
You can try this site as well http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/

maybe there will be some discussions for you...

chufham
02-20-2010, 03:23 PM
You can try this site as well http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/

maybe there will be some discussions for you...

Only if you have a older B body and into restorations great people there.