PDA

View Full Version : 67 Camaro Suspension Which way do I go?

Cdog
02-17-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm building a Track/Street car. If I could buy the Lateral Dynamics rear suspension I'd go that route. Since I can't get a hold of anyone over there my two choices are DSE and Art Morrison. I need a sub frame, SF connectors and the rear 4 link from DSE or the same from Morrison with the 3 link watts rear.

I'm building the car for auto cross and minimal street. Help me out here. What way would you go and why?

Thanks in advance.

itsals1
02-17-2010, 11:51 PM
This is a question that is ofen asked and there really is no right or wrong. Its like asking do you like ketchup or mustard on your hotdog, personal taste. I do believe the DSE set up is much more sorted out for track/street than the AME, and you have lots of testing done to prove that. AME has the C6 style front suspension which is great, but I have seen 0 cars running their setup on this site at the track. Maybe Steve Rupp will give you his opinion on which one he would chose if he had to build BadPenny today. Just a thought.
Travis

dolf
02-18-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm building a Track/Street car. If I could buy the Lateral Dynamics rear suspension I'd go that route. Since I can't get a hold of anyone over there my two choices are DSE and Art Morrison. I need a sub frame, SF connectors and the rear 4 link from DSE or the same from Morrison with the 3 link watts rear.

I'm building the car for auto cross and minimal street. Help me out here. What way would you go and why?

Thanks in advance.

If I were doing mine over and had the money, I would use jakes c6 front subframe and tq arm rear. Use DSE frame connectors to tie it together. Upgrade the bushings on the sub. Run 275 front tire and 305 or 315 rear.

Cdog
02-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Good stuff. Keep it coming.

I've sent PM's and emails to both Steve and Mr. Pozzi.

I committed to buy a Lateral Dynamics rear suspension yesterday. Thanks!:) Now I need to sort out the front end. After hearing more info about design and what not I think the C6 set up is the way to go since it's probably more upgradeable for what ever happens in the future. These cars are always a work in progress as seen on Bad penny so It's a good thing to start with a solid base.

Morrison is an easy choice since they have been around so long. I'm looking for what works and what can be replaced when I break something by dropping a tire or what ever happens on the track and real world.

dolf
02-18-2010, 07:41 AM
How did you find a LD 3 link?! I thought they were no more. PM me!

itsals1
02-18-2010, 08:05 AM
I may be wrong,but LD is not out of buisness, just not his primary job/buisness. Which I believe just takes him a bit longer turn around than their standard 3-4 weeks as before. I sure hope they can stay around because I want one of 3-links in the future also.
Travis

ProdigyCustoms
02-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Your correct, you cannot buy a 3 link. Your best choices are DSE and Art Morrison and I sell them both. The 2 systems are dead equal in performance and it really boils down to which you prefer.

Both require some fabrcation, but nothing too crazy,

The Morrison requires you drill your rear frame rails out and install their entire welded rear clip in either tri 4 bar or 3 link. The 3 link requires some fabrication to the floor / rear seat area for the upper link bar. A little birdie told me performance difference between the tri 4 bar and 3 link is almost unmeasurable, but the 3 link has a SLIGHT advantage.

I have a AME front and 3 link combo under construction at my shop today.

The DSE requires some minor fabrication installing the upper link buckets in the rear seat back area and also require the cross member between the wheel tubs.

Fabrication time is pretty darn equal.

I also have a DSE front clip / Quadra Link project in my shop today

Feel free to call me to discuss

dolf
02-18-2010, 09:26 AM
If you already have a LD 3 link then I would use an AME or JRS c6 sub. Like I said upgrade the bushings and tie them in with DSE frame connectors. Make sure to start a build thread