PDA

View Full Version : 200-4R Rebuild

ChevyIIMan
04-22-2005, 02:12 AM
Ok I am looking to have my 200-4R rebuilt so I can put it in my nova. I know they are known to be a bit weak stock so this is my concern. Im just looking for it to shift smooth and run well, not really looking for neck snapping shifts. Its orginally from an 85 Monte SS so its considered one of the better 200's to have.

I have a 355ci approx 350hp or so @ the flywheel. The car is mainly a cruiser now, might see the track 2 times a year and short speed burst on the street. Wont ever run slicks, or be launching hard off the converter like I used to with my TH400 and 3600 stall.

So my question is should I take it to a respectable transmission shop and ask to have it built to hold the power im making or should I hunt down a 200-4r specific rebuilder?

SicMonte
04-22-2005, 04:02 AM
hey man..I have one in my 88 SS...and I have about a 400hp motor...I had a tranny shop in annapolis MD build it for me and it is an awesome tranny. pm me if you want to know the specifics about it.

you can buy one from hughes or art carr (which are excellent!!), but I had a local shop do it and it is just as good!!