PDA

View Full Version : 69 Camaro Front Suspension

firstgencam
01-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Ok everyone I am looking at the different coilover setups for the front of my 69 and am wondering which one out there is the best as far as performance, quality, and price. I have a friend that has the DSE Speed Kit 3 on his car which requires a lot of modification to the subframe which isnt that big of a deal, but is it that much better than the cheaper kits out there that are just a direct bolt in coilover system? Like Speed Tech front suspension for example? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

Jasons72
01-27-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm kind of looking at this too, except i'm going pretty low and don't want to get out of the operating range of the shocks so i have to pick a proportionate coilover shock length and spring length.

Cdog
01-27-2010, 07:51 PM
I've been mowing over getting started on my 67 Camaro and was looking on Speed Techs site tonight. Their full front & rear suspension kit looks interesting.

The Morrison rear 4 link and front frame looks good too.

ProdigyCustoms
01-28-2010, 04:53 AM
It really depends on needs, wants (often not the same) and budget. Every systems has it merits, We sell 5 differetn suspension systems and install them everyday, so we have a pretty good feel for multiple products.

Any of you are free to call and discuss your projects, this will allow us to get a better vibe for the project and help you narrow selections.

Cdog, yeah that Morrison stuff looks good, they are building a few of these for us right now.

No doubt that is at the high edge of product availability, but for the guy that needs one of the best set ups............