PDA

View Full Version : Stiffening a 63 belair x frame

63belairan
01-17-2010, 03:48 PM
I have a 63 belair wagon and i'm wondering if anyone has any idea's on stiffening the frame without using a rollcage.

Randy67
01-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Musclecar TV did some frame stiffening on their Red Sled Impala, maybe you can find it on their site.

jaybee
01-18-2010, 11:58 AM
It's a long way from PT, but you might pick up a copy of the most recent Street Rodder magazine and thumb through it. I haven't seen it so I can't comment on whatever's inside but there's a headline on the cover about stiffening these chassis.

E.rodz
01-18-2010, 12:31 PM
i think I can help on this one if you want to do some cutting of your floor pans. I have made some parimeter frame rails for mine project flatliner. or you can also look in feb issue street rodder mag. there is a tech. artical in there.you can also look on my web site @erodzcustoms.com and see some more pics. there.let me know if theres any other shots you need.

Skip Fix
01-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Global has some different braces for them. Not sure how much they sitffen it but they look like they should help in the rear.

I do remember seeing that TV show on the Red Sled and thier braces-never saw the final one with the 409 for it though.