PDA

View Full Version : looks like GGs Colorado is having an autocross

PT Sportwagon
01-16-2010, 06:43 PM
For the latest Goodguys gazette they will be having an autocross at the Goodguys show in Colorado, June 4,5,&6

Maybe I'll have my wagon done enough to go out an play.

Tim

MoparCar
04-13-2010, 04:13 PM
I'll be there to spectate. Anyone on this board running it? Any of the name cars that are at the bigger events? I know from the past our little Colorado GGs show isn't always supported that well by the vendors unfortunately! I'm glad to see the auto X gaining popularity with each event. RideTech---will you have your cars there? DSE? TCI? Speedtech?

Thanks for posting the event!
Wes

TCI Engineering
04-14-2010, 10:34 AM
I just checked our show schedule and it appears that Goodguys has two shows the same weekend. I never noticed that before but we will be at the Pleasanton GG show working with Zig's and Hot Rod Bill's that weekend.

-J

MoparCar
05-28-2010, 09:56 AM
So still no "name" vendors or cars running the autocross at Colorado Good Guys? Come on, not everything has to revolve around every California event every time.....:enguard: :drive1:

We need some inspiration and reasons to purchase suspensions!!

mpozzi
05-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Hard to be in two places at once ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

MoparCar
05-28-2010, 01:51 PM
I understand. I was just giving everyone a hardtime. :)

Originally I was going to go to the Faceoff in the Flatlands event but when that moved it wasn't feasible anymore. I was just hoping there would be a bit more vendor support and to see some pros like yourself! Good luck at the Cali Good Guys.

We do have a great new roadcoarse track "High Plains Raceway" if anyone is planning a new event....

Thanks-

406 Q-ship
05-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Hard to be in two places at once ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

Does not seem too smart on their part to have it on the same weekend as one of the largest GG on the west coast........:idea:

mpozzi
05-29-2010, 07:51 AM
I know what you mean and may have been tempted to do both if they were a week apart. Colorado's a very pretty state and not that far away.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

TCI Engineering
06-01-2010, 07:59 AM
I understand. I was just giving everyone a hardtime. :)

Originally I was going to go to the Faceoff in the Flatlands event but when that moved it wasn't feasible anymore. I was just hoping there would be a bit more vendor support and to see some pros like yourself! Good luck at the Cali Good Guys.

We do have a great new roadcoarse track "High Plains Raceway" if anyone is planning a new event....

Thanks-

I'll have to check out the new raceway the next time I am out there. I have family in Parker so this would be a good excuse for me to go.

-J

MoparCar
06-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Jason,
Here's the link to High Plains Raceway. I've only been a spectator but it seems like a nice layout with great elevation change.

Wes

http://highplainsraceway.com/index.html

bret
06-01-2010, 10:43 AM
We will be on the Hotrod Power Tour that week. Maybe next year!

TCI Engineering
06-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Jason,
Here's the link to High Plains Raceway. I've only been a spectator but it seems like a nice layout with great elevation change.

Wes

http://highplainsraceway.com/index.html

I checked it out to see how far away it was from Parker. 60 miles isn't bad at all. The drive to Loveland is another story though since you have to drive through the mouse trap. The last time I went through there the freeway was under construction and it was a huge mess.

It looks like a very nice facility and track layout. I'd hate to assume anything right now but by this time next year we will have a couple more cars drivable and testing. :smoke:

I have been trying to make the Pueblo NSRA show for the past two years. I have a dealer out of New Mexico that comes up and works that one for us and I'd love to join him for a fun filled weekend.

-J

ammoyer
06-02-2010, 08:19 AM
You can avoid the "Mousetrap" and most all of the Denver metro area by taking the E470 bypass around town to the east. It is a toll road, but in my opinion well worth the expense most days.

TCI Engineering
06-02-2010, 11:30 AM
You can avoid the "Mousetrap" and most all of the Denver metro area by taking the E470 bypass around town to the east. It is a toll road, but in my opinion well worth the expense most days.

I think I've been on it before traveling from DIA. Good to know I can avoid downtown with it.

-J

Ron.in.SoCal
06-09-2010, 11:10 AM
I think I've been on it before traveling from DIA. Good to know I can avoid downtown with it.

-J

IIRC, you need a speed pass to use the 470. There used to be cash stations, but they were gone last time I was there (end of March).

MoparCar
06-10-2010, 05:15 PM
They took down the tolls and now just take pictures of the plates and send you a bill if you don't have the transponder pass. I still don't know what they do for rental cars. Maybe it gets billed to your rental? Not sure. No pass needed. We have one for the occasional use of the bypass. Honestly we only use the toll bypass when we go to the airport, otherwise it would cost about $12 from the very top of Denver where we live (Erie & I-25) and where it connects at the south end of Denver near Parker. It swings you WAY out east by the way-almost too far.

Wes

MoparCar
06-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Here's a few pictures of the Auto X. Tight track and of course (gotta rub it in again-kidding guys) no big names OR vendor/sponsors there because of the California event. Not even in the vendor display area to see the goods.:dunno:

The Orange Chevy Wagon was doing great and then smacked the barrier. I'm not sure who owns the car, it was very nice. The driver said the pads on his pedal came off, jammed up and that was history. Ouch.

Wes

TCI Engineering
06-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Damn, that is a gorgeous car too. At least it will be a semi easy fix.

MoparCar
06-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I think he was from Utah and possibly owned a custom shop. I hope so. I'd hate to see anyone not want to run the course after that. It's only paint and metal right???

Easily said....hard to follow. Props to the guy. He had a Great attitude afterwords!

Wes