PDA

View Full Version : 74' Chevy C10 pick up lowering kits

68byrd
01-14-2010, 06:33 PM
We just picked up another project. Its a 1974 Chevy C10 reg cab shortbox 2wd pick-up. I would really like to drop it. Can anyone point me in the direction of some good kits? Any info that would help this along would be great. Thank you!

MonzaRacer
01-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Honestly the best ride Ihave ever had is with CoolRide from Ridetech.com
Bolt on 4 link and all. Best of both worlds, handling and lowering!

Tony_SS
01-15-2010, 05:56 AM
How much of a drop are you wanting? I prefer springs for the front, shackle/hangers in the back for a 3/4 drop. Summit sells the kits.

larknut
01-15-2010, 09:59 PM
It all depends on how low you want to go. I personally went with a belltech flip kit for the rear and 2" drop coils and 2.5" drop spindles in front.

68byrd
01-16-2010, 01:51 PM
We were thinking a 3/5 drop right now. Up front I was leaning towards drop spindles over springs. I would like to keep the ride quality the same and my experience with lowering springs is the ride gets stiff. Thanks for insight. Plus, if anyone has pics, i would like to see them.

MonzaRacer
01-19-2010, 04:20 AM
This is my truck layed out in grass, still driveable, well forward as the 255/70s will rub inner fenders and the axle against frame isnt very comfy.
But as for the ride you cant beat air and handling is awesome. An easier way to do a truck is build it as a truck arm system like older c series.
But if you have any questions give me a shout, my system IS bolt on except the welding of the axle brackets.
Lee Abel
AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33441&d=1256185215

Oh yesh front is off the shelf Air Ride Technologies (www.ridetech.com) CoolRide and read is modified Parallel 4 link with CoolRide F9000 in back. My next incarnation will be swapping in F9100s or F6873s and use the F9000s I have now in my Monza or Caprice project.
If you want load capacity then think of using one of the double convoluted but figure on loosing ride quality some.
I made my own panhard bar mount as no one had one for truck 12 bolts and only big thing I had issue with was I had to plate the indent for the left rear shock but my little 110 mig did the trick, my upper mounts are simply bolted on and my front mounts are bolted into the stock front spring mount holes(to grt mounts off simply grind middle of rivets then air chisel off. to go back stock simply bolt them back on.
My rear shocks I simply welded in some 4 in square tubing and bolted in a set of hd shocks from older truck arm C series trucks.
If you need pics Ill try to dig them up.