PDA

View Full Version : 70 Challenger With Jag rear

Chicane 73
12-27-2009, 09:15 PM
We are in the final stages of finishing the suspension work on my Challenger. The alterKtion front system went very smooth. Using QA1 with Wilwood brakes in front Chevy bolt pattern. Will run 17"x81/2' in front. No decision on wheels yet. Flaming River rack and pinion steering, and sway bar. Sub framed to beefed rear frames where I was going to use a Team 321 rear end which I waited a year for and when I received the "custom"rear end we could not use it without hashing the car,badly. I opted for a Jag XJ12 rear. We modified it,left it in the cage so the geometry would not be changed. The entire unit comes out on the ground with three bolts on each side,undo the custom control arms and the brake lines and that is it. Very pleased so far.

My question is,has anyone put Wilwood brakes on a Jag rear end? I think I need more brakes than the stock setup affords.There could be other solutions some of you might know also. I originaly thought all I would need was to go with all new Jag brakes but I don't think they are enough for this application.

Any help you can give me will be most appreciated.:help!: Thanks.

tony byram
12-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Not sure if this will help, but you may want to contact Heidts suspention. They are working on a modular independent rear end assembly, utilizing a 9 inch center section, but has the inboard brakes like the jag set-up. maybe they can be of some assistance.

Chicane 73
12-28-2009, 05:56 PM
I will look into Heidt's setup for inboard brakes,it could be similar to the Jag brakes. Thanks for the info Tony.

L & H Kustoms
12-28-2009, 07:58 PM
I will look into Heidt's setup for inboard brakes,it could be similar to the Jag brakes. Thanks for the info Tony.

try CWI performance there out of Washington state the specialize in Jag rearends and they offer a wilwood caliper conversion kit. I put there kit on a 29 model A that had a jag rearend several years ago
http://www.cwiinc.com/index.html