PDA

View Full Version : Advice on basic first upgrades

NovaJ
12-13-2009, 12:38 PM
(This is a copy of a post I made on Lateral-g.net, I am just trying to cover all the bases and get the most info I can)

Alright guys, first I want to apologize if this has been covered many times before, but if it has I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I wanted to do some things to my '72 nova over my Christmas break that would be a fairly simple install while still giving a somewhat noticeable improvement and maintain a pretty low budget. So I came up with this small list:
-DSE front service kit
-CPP disc brake kit (haven't decided on either front or all 4 wheel)
-DSE front sway bar

And then I might replace several of the bushings throughout the car as I am sure they could use a little attention also. My main concern was if getting the sway bar would help at all given that I would leave the coils, control arms, etc. all stock for now. My car currently has an inline 6, so I wanted to wait until I got around to the LS motor to start changing out more of the front suspension as I would imagine that will change how it handles and its stance.

Any and all input and/or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

79T/Aman
12-13-2009, 12:47 PM
The first things should be to replace worn out components, don't forget to do a good brake job with good pads and shoes, flush the system and new fluid, next solid body bushings and frame connectors, while all that is appart it is just as simple to put in new springs and shocks, a good working suspension does improve braking.