PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Gremlens.. Need Help!!!!!!!!!

WELTERRACER
04-11-2005, 06:57 AM
Small block chevy with HEI and a 6AL MSD box... and Accel super coil..

Car runs for a while and then dies like someone shut off the key.. It will start about 15 minutes later and then runs for about 5 minutes or less and dies again..

Still has fuel. so i know its not a fuel problem

THinking it was the coil, I replaced it with a new one... But it still does it..

The distributer isnt more than 2 years old and about the same for the 6AL..

PLEASE HELP..... Do you think its the MSD BOX?????????/

paul67
04-12-2005, 10:18 AM
Is the coil getting hot?
paul67

69Rathead
04-13-2005, 08:32 PM
For what it's worth-A friend of mine was having the exact same problem on his '67 Camaro after recently having his car restored/upgraded including HEI. He took it back twice before the guy who installed it went over all wiring/connections etc. he had done when installing it. The problem went away with the guy stating he had found nothing wrong...or maybe he just did not want to say he had messed up or found a connection he had done loose. He did not have an MSD unit with it though. At any rate you might want to double check everything...but I'm sure you already did several times. Also can you just take the MSD out of the loop?

WELTERRACER
04-14-2005, 05:41 AM
It ended up being the coil... Thanks..

69Rathead
04-14-2005, 08:10 AM
So your original coil went bad and then the replacement was bad too? Sheesh what luck! :banghead: Glad you found the issue though!

yamadog
05-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Could the problem possibly be vapor lock? My car acted similarly to what you described until I re-routed the fuel line.