PDA

View Full Version : New developments on Eldorado project !

anthonyott99
10-28-2009, 08:14 AM
ok here it is, an old hot rodding friend of mine called me bout 15 minutes ago. He was in town traveling and wanted to get rid of some misc. car parts and magazines that he really didnt have room for in his motorhome and trailer anymore(wife wanting room to purchase antiques) most of his parts wouldnt come close to fitting a cadillac v-8, except one in particular, a partial carbureted vortech supercharger kit. it is an incomplete used kit but the supercharger seems to be in good condition and there is a ton of misc. pipeing and connectors etc. but here is the bummer, the carburetor housing isnt there, but i figure i can find any kind of housing from any supercharger manufacturer and retrofit it to the caddy, run low boost so not to hurt the engine ? who knows but its definately a start to something cool ! here are some pics to show similar models of this system-and the photo-chop of the Eldo !

p.s. almost forgot, he said i could pick it up for 500 dollars, what does everyone think ??

anthonyott99
10-28-2009, 11:38 AM
thanks

Chevelle LT1
10-28-2009, 12:05 PM
FYI, you might have better luck posting this in the engine-specific section. Usually tough to get specific questions answered in the Projects section. Just trying to help...

~ Jason

Forcfed93
10-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Sounds like a good deal. Here are some things to think about:

You will have to drill and tap an oil drain into your oil pan if it's not a self contained unit (don't think Vortech's are).

The carb housing being missing isn't so bad, you can find a bonnet to use and get a blow through carb (which aren't cheap) but it will run better than it was ever intended to with the Vortech carb box.

The main issue is the head unit mounting brackets. I'm not familiar with Caddy engines, but if the Vortech system was designed for an SBC or BBC, you might run in to trouble. You will probably have to custom fab something for it.

Good luck! It will be fun if you can get it to work.

I sure wish I could find a deal like that around here for my project!