PDA

View Full Version : Now I feel like part of the club.

jimhamptons
04-08-2005, 02:14 PM
I am happy to say that I am a new owner of a pro-touring first generation Camaro. I just took delivery of Shay's 69 Camaro after I posted a wanted ad right here on the site.:cheers:

I will be the first to admit that I am not the most knowledgable person when it comes to the engineering aspects of a high performance car. But, I will also admit that I love high performance cars and pro-touring seems like the most logical path to take.

I have a few tweaks in mind regarding my new acquisition and hope to get some opinions from the members of this board once I formulate what they will be.

I look forward to the continued learning experiences I am sure to get from the continued discussions on this board.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Shay for building such an awesome car. https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2005/04/thumbsup-1.gif

I would also like to thank Steve (Streetfytr69) for his expertise as well. Since Steve lives a few towns away from me, I hope he can put up with my newbie questions. https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2005/04/willy_nilly-1.gif

Also thank you to Steve1969LS1 and Ralph Lograsso for their advice as well.

Thanks,

Jim

Blitz
04-08-2005, 02:19 PM
I'd like to congratulate you on your new baby. hahaha. If you've "just joined the club", then I'm still not in it. I'm still dreaming though. Have fun with it whatever you do though.

Steve1968LS2
04-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Glad you took my advice.. that is a NICE car.. much more content than my 69 had and not a ton more $$..

Don't wear the paint off waxing it too much..

Currently I don't belong to the club.. my 69 left today and my 68 won't be here for a couple of weeks.. :(

Oh, and for the record ---->

:postpics:

jimhamptons
04-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Glad you took my advice.. that is a NICE car.. much more content than my 69 had and not a ton more $$..

Don't wear the paint off waxing it too much..

Currently I don't belong to the club.. my 69 left today and my 68 won't be here for a couple of weeks.. :(

Oh, and for the record ---->

:postpics:

Hahaha, I was too excited to take pics. I will give it a shot on Sunday. My family actually expects me to go to a birthday party for my niece tomorrow and leave my new baby. :(

I can defenitely say that there is no disappointment here.

Thanks for your help Steve,

Jim

Steve1968LS2
04-08-2005, 02:30 PM
No prob.. all us "steves" are a helpful bunch.. ;)

Leave the car??? My wife fully expects me to sleep in the 68 when it arrives..

Enjoy the moment and the car.. oh, and take some pictures!! :D

Steve1968LS2
04-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Oh, and to hold people over on the pics.. (hope ya don't mind but it is such a good looking car)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2005/04/march06-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2005/04/march02-1.jpg

Very nice.. can't wait to see your new pics and get your driving impressions..

jimhamptons
04-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Very early driving impressions: :seizure:

The car has unbelievable power and sticks to the road pretty nicely, but it needs to be respected. The car will easily smoke the tires at 40 and probably above, but that is for another day.

ViperBlue68
04-08-2005, 02:46 PM
WoW :seizure: very nice car!! CONGRATS!

Blitz
04-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Great. Now I'm even more jealous.

colt zantop
04-08-2005, 06:16 PM
very nice! welcome to the board too!

zbugger
04-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Good purchase Jim. You're one lucky *******************************. Now do me a favor? Take Ralph out for a spin and scare the living crap outta him. Believe me, you'll have a blast doing it.

trapin
04-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Big block....

Sweeeeeet!!!!!

Ralph LoGrasso
04-08-2005, 06:22 PM
I should be headed up to Jim's to check out the car this week. After talking with Jim on the phone I can vouch that he's a great guy and will be a great new member of the board. I can't wait to check this car out in person!

Bill Howell
04-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Very early driving impressions: :seizure:
The car will easily smoke the tires at 40 and probably above.
I would bet money it will :icon996: Great looking car, enjoy it and who said you could not go to the b-day party in it? I bet you would have all the other dads and uncles out looking and actually enjoying a b-day party for a change :dunno:
See Ya

jimhamptons
04-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Good purchase Jim. You're one lucky *******************************. Now do me a favor? Take Ralph out for a spin and scare the living crap outta him. Believe me, you'll have a blast doing it.

:lol:
Shay did that to me already today in a little "stroll" around town.

Let's just say a trip to the chiropractor to fix a little whip-lash is in order.:firefire:

87sstpi
04-08-2005, 06:53 PM
wow i'm not even an fbody kinda guy. i'm dripping with jeoluosy right now thats a goergous car congrats man..

dgumoe
04-08-2005, 07:18 PM
:eek: yeah, im not an f-body fan either but that one there is jawdropping gorgeous. better looking than the mule if you ask me

Steve Chryssos
04-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Congratulations Jim. It's a fine automobile. Yeah--respect is a good choice of words; Restraint is an even better choice. Take your time getting used to the raw power.

Also it was very nice meeting Shay Campbell.

Steve Rupp,
Hop a plane and you are more than welcome to crash at my place if you want to shoot Jim's new ride for PHR. I'll vouch for its quality.

Nine Ball
04-09-2005, 05:44 AM
Congrats on the purchase! That is one of my favorite Camaros on this site, simply because it runs as good as it looks. Shay built one hell of a ride, and its nice to see it go to another member here. Is Shay building anything new after selling this one?

Tony

mdprovee
04-10-2005, 05:39 AM
Congrats on the car. It is great looking.

Mike

Todds69
04-11-2005, 12:38 PM
I love that car. Makes me foam at the mouth. :yum:

DJ Mabe
04-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Welcome aboard and congrats. I am a Ford guy for the most part. I love all makes but my car is a Mustang. That Camaro is the badest car I have ever seen. When I refer people to this site I always have them look up that car. It's beautiful! I wish I would have known it was for sale. That's the car that would make me convert. Congrats again.

madmax
04-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Is that A/C I see hiding under the alternator there? I'm on a quest to put a blower on a SBC with power steering, power brakes, and A/C with a stock 2" cowl hood.

It looks great, by the way. I'm jealous.

-Max

jimhamptons
04-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Is that A/C I see hiding under the alternator there? I'm on a quest to put a blower on a SBC with power steering, power brakes, and A/C with a stock 2" cowl hood.

It looks great, by the way. I'm jealous.

-Max

I am no expert when it comes to the mechanicals on this car, but the A/C is above the alternator (160 amps!!!), and at one time this car had the higher cowl hood on the car due to clearance concerns, however, the stock height hood provides enough clearance.

Shay, if I misspoke, I apologize.

jimhamptons
04-11-2005, 05:42 PM
BTW, I took a bunch of pics yesterday (not the best quality, too darn sunny:squint: ), what is the best way to post them??

Steve1968LS2
04-11-2005, 06:05 PM
BTW, I took a bunch of pics yesterday (not the best quality, too darn sunny:squint: ), what is the best way to post them??

Email them to me and I will host them for ya :)

Or have Scott set you up a space at latteral G.. or Larry could put you in the cars section here..

Just ideas :)

zbugger
04-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Email them to me and I will host them for ya :)

Or have Scott set you up a space at latteral G.. or Larry could put you in the cars section here..

Just ideas :)

Or you could just look lower when you're on the reply page and go to "Manage Attatchments". You can post them directly from your computer that way.

Shayc5
04-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Hello Jim,

I am glad you are enjoying the car. I have alot af memories of it and was sad to see it go. I know you will make it better with finishing the little things that I did not get to do. Keep us updated.

I would like to say thanks to you guys that liked the car and I will keep you informed on my next project.

Nineball, It will have twins and Alot of power for the go.