PDA

View Full Version : Ringbrothers 66-69 B-body Hinge

Ringbrothers
09-22-2009, 10:14 AM
B-body hinge is also in production. Estimated shipping in 3-4 weeks.
Price: $659.99 for natural finish.
$759.99 for grey or black anodized.
Included in GP for anyone interested.
Quality is second to none!

Fesler built
09-23-2009, 07:27 AM
Man that looks alot like the Fesler Billet Hinge and we have been shipping it since 2008 SEMA. Man they are coming up with good things.

You want to comment on this call me

Chris Fesler
602-953-8944

69LT1Nova
09-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Mee-ow! Things are getting catty. Where's the popcorn? This is going to be interesting. :)

wiedemab
09-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Honestly, I'm tired of the whole argument. No popcorn popping for me. I'm more likely to change the channel.

Fesler built
09-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Honestly, I'm tired of the whole argument. No popcorn popping for me. I'm more likely to change the channel.

I could not agree more but there has to be a point where enough is enough. They need to be creative and make stuff that works for them not do everything we already have. We have all these parts and the trunk hinges to go with them, door handles and hood adj and now they seem to want a piece of it. I just thank them for helping us get where we are.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
GAME ON. <o:p></o:p>

The WidowMaker
09-23-2009, 11:35 AM
i really dont get it.... you say that they copy you, but you admit that you copy them and the OEM.

I would like to set the record straight on some things. We manufacture parts, we sell parts and we do a heck of a job marketing parts. Some of the competition just wants to say we steal everything out there well you guys can be the judge on that. No matter what I do some parts will cross over because you guys are asking me for them. If you cant get them from the currant manufactures and keep asking me to build something I am going to build it, we will redesign it and make it better. There are only so many ways you can build something and only one way all of these parts will fit the car so when someone out there says they took my part and copied it well think about this who did they copy it from. We are making cool parts that were designed 40-50 years ago and we are making them better. None of us designed the hood hinge, tail light, fender brace, door jam vent or striker they have all been done for years; we are just making them better with a cool design to them or different look to them.

could you explain?

and no need for a game. i have your parts, and will soon have theirs. as long as they are manufactured here in the US and employ US workers, i really dont give a crap. you are both awesome at what you do, and i really dont care who the heck did it first. just keep doing what your doing, minus this game crap, and you will both be healthy, wealthy and wise.

Tim

wiedemab
09-23-2009, 12:02 PM
as long as they are manufactured here in the US and employ US workers

Tim

Have you verified this is the case. I don't know whether either are, but be careful making assumptions.

It's worth asking the question is all I'm saying - especially if that is important to you.

Ringbrothers
09-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Have you verified this is the case. I don't know whether either are, but be careful making assumptions.

It's worth asking the question is all I'm saying - especially if that is important to you.

All of our product is manufactured in the United States - Middleton, WI. We had everything in house until about a year ago when we sold out to our partner. We believe in keeping everything made in the US! Thank you for asking.
Staci

Fesler built
09-23-2009, 03:02 PM

We do everything in house for our cars and billet parts, we own the paint shop and own the machine shop so yes we are AMERICAN MADE 100% we even have all our packaging made in AMERICA

IMPALAMAN1
10-12-2009, 02:22 PM
When is every one going to be content with their piece of the pie... we all have gotten too fat off of trying to eat the whole thing... when is every one going to kick back and say nice job to a competitor? it is healthy to compete and flattery is great. why make an issue out of it... both companies make what seem to be great items for a nitch in the market. Custom parts are cool always have been, always will be. Every man has some one to take care, mouths to feed, of so why try to kill a company's standing... you are not hurting just the company, there is a long list of people employeed and families that need the jobs both companies provide.

I believe if you make a great product you dont need to worry about competition. Sit back and enjoy what you have.... although the money is always nice.... but what is hotrodding about..... encase you all have forgotten... it is about the love and passion of building cars. Never has it been about money. Just about going faster with friends and family, building custom parts to do things better, and to spark new ideas and make our hearts race.... not to make our blood boil with he said she said.....

work with each other... design and build something together. team up and cut cost for R&D.

rather than argue do a car together.

just a thought from a hot rodder with ideas!

1st Wing
02-02-2013, 10:04 AM
I have Ring Brothers Billet hinges. Has anyone else had a problem with the hood staying up? They have replaced the gas shocks once already with the heavier ones and now those are no longer holding the hood up. It is heavier than the stock hood as there has been modifications to it but thought the heavier ones would do the job and they did for a while. Any suggestions?

dhD 1970 Camao
02-03-2013, 10:53 AM
bought a set of Felser billet hood hinges for my 1970 camaro...they looked beautiful, installed them, the bolts stripped out after opening the hood 4 times nearly damaged my body work, fixed that and after opening a couple more times, the bearings blew out of them. they were garbage and I sent them back. Has anyone had these kinds of problems with the ring brother hinges, if so I will buy a new set of stock hinges instead. So many companies out there selling repro parts that are just sub quality junk. I also ordered a set of billet tail lights from Fesler and they took over 4 months to get them...ridiculous.

Please, if any one has installed a set of ring brother billet hinges on their 1970 camaro, let me know your experiences with them...thanks a bunch.

DJ Mabe
02-07-2013, 04:34 AM
I have a set of the Ring Brothers hinges on my 67 Mustang and love them. Installed fairly easy and they are as smooth as butter. Love them!

esenior
02-07-2013, 07:59 AM
I have Ring Brothers Billet hinges. Has anyone else had a problem with the hood staying up? They have replaced the gas shocks once already with the heavier ones and now those are no longer holding the hood up. It is heavier than the stock hood as there has been modifications to it but thought the heavier ones would do the job and they did for a while. Any suggestions?

I bought a set of Ring Brother hinges for my 69 Camaro sometime around 2006 (can't remember for sure). At the time, they were one of the only companies that I knew of that made them. Beautiful parts, and worked great, but because of extensive modifications to my hood (gained a lot of weight), I had a similar problem where the hood wouldn't stay up. I called Ring Brothers, and even though I had bought the hinges 6+ years earlier, they replaced the struts at no charge. That was about a year ago, and I haven't had any problems since. If your problem has returned, I would recommend contacting them again. My old struts were 225 lb and they replaced them with 260 lb (260-GS-13011).

If all else fails, you could try contacting a strut manufacturer directly. Lucid is located in California (http://www.gas-spring.biz/)

old66tiger
04-28-2013, 05:17 PM
I too have a set of the Ring Brothers hinges. I was at the Spring Green car show and talked with Mike at length about their products. By far, an awesome bunch of guys and they will go out of their way to help a guy out. Hard-working Wisconsin business doing what is right for the hobby.

benno505
06-17-2013, 07:45 PM
i got fesler hinges in my 68 charger and ring brothers hood pins, so i aint picking a side haha