PDA

View Full Version : Need paint shop recomendation in northern cali

lsxfirstgen
08-06-2009, 01:27 PM
im getting ready to disassemble the 69 and have the paint/body work done. Im looking for a reputable shop near sacramento and north of. any suggestions anyone?

Damn True
08-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Tony L. has a brother with a shop in Marysville/Yuba or something.

lsxfirstgen
08-06-2009, 02:02 PM
I know his brother and deal with the shop hes at on a day to to basis. They arent too interested in doing completes. I need to find someone willing to do it and in a somewhat timely manner. The car doesnt need a lot of metal work, so complete chop and rebuild isnt necessary.

lt1chevelle
08-10-2009, 07:02 PM
what about gearheads garage? i think they do paint work? seen both their cars they had at HAN'S and they where top notch

noobwrench
08-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Lucky 13 in antioch (a little south for you) does top quality work.

lsxfirstgen
08-12-2009, 03:17 PM
thanks for the recs, i called gearheads and they will be getting back to me soon. Proboably going to be pretty pricey though. i have seen some of their cars in person and they are very nice.

championr6
08-17-2009, 11:25 PM
I know of someone outside of Auburn. Strips everything to bare metal fixes everything right 2-3 blocksand primer so it as straight as can be especially in black. Reasonable hourly rate and works on one car at a time. The only person who paint my cars. Not sure what you are looking to spend but quality isnt cheap and takes alot of time done right. Not sure what your price range is but give me a ring if your interested.

If your paint job isnt in between 15-25k depending on what kind of metal work needs to be done I would personally turn around and walk away. Materials alone can be upwards of 3k if you include paper,tape,etc. I use to work at a autobody supply house. The stuff isnt cheap anyway you cut it for good materials. I have seen some interesting patch work that looks great until you strip it all off. How about newspaper stuffed in a rusted out hole with window screen used like drywall repair then bondo'd over. You never could tell until we ripped all the primer off and back to bare metal.

I am just saying be cautious. There are alot of good and bad shops out there. I personally know this guy that I use doesnt ever cut corners.

916-390-2752
mark

mdprovee
08-18-2009, 11:44 AM
I had my car built at Gearhead, they do great work.