PDA

View Full Version : hotels and travel??

wicked68
05-30-2009, 05:59 AM
do the cars leave at night for the next city or first thing in the morning?

ie - on 6/10 its in dayton oh - does everyone get in the night before - so you should book a hotel in dayton on the night of the 9th?

Charley Lillard
05-30-2009, 06:03 AM
June 9 we are spending the night in Michigan. We get up on the morning of the 10th and drive to Dayton. The night of the 10th you want to sleep in Dayton....

wicked68
05-30-2009, 12:25 PM
June 9 we are spending the night in Michigan. We get up on the morning of the 10th and drive to Dayton. The night of the 10th you want to sleep in Dayton....

cool - got it.

what time do the events and setup at each location begin?

racing etc?

Charley Lillard
05-30-2009, 01:52 PM
You leave your hotel at maybe 8-9 am and either head to the venue you were at the day before so you can head out with the large group or just leave the hotel and follow that days driving directions to the next stop. The usually won't let you in to the venue before noon. Most days this year are only a couple hundred miles a day so it doesn't take too long. Scope out side trips etc. Last year there was probably 1000 cars that made the whole trip and at each days venue there is probably another 1000 locals etc that show up. You will have a ball. Did you get your hotel rooms ?

wicked68
05-31-2009, 05:32 PM
I am doing that tonight.

Wanted to make sure I was getting the right ones.

Its not super important since I sleep in my trailer with the car - I mainly try to find a cheapo room for the shower.

I am paranoid about cars getting stolen obviously - they would have quite a surprise if they broke into my trailer :D it would start with a series of loud bangs and flashes.

camcojb
06-01-2009, 11:08 AM
I am doing that tonight.

Wanted to make sure I was getting the right ones.

Its not super important since I sleep in my trailer with the car - I mainly try to find a cheapo room for the shower.

I am paranoid about cars getting stolen obviously - they would have quite a surprise if they broke into my trailer :D it would start with a series of loud bangs and flashes.
are you driving the car on the Tour or trailering?

Jody

wicked68
06-01-2009, 11:49 AM
are you driving the car on the Tour or trailering?

Jody
trailering it from georgia to ohio - then
driving it - unless its raining

over night though it will get trailered in the parking lot and locked up with me inside.

camcojb
06-01-2009, 03:49 PM
trailering it from georgia to ohio - then
driving it - unless its raining

over night though it will get trailered in the parking lot and locked up with me inside.
cool, driving the cars is the best part of all. And you can bet it'll rain, it does every year. :)

Jody

Charley Lillard
06-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey....Now I know somebody with a trailer if I break down......

wicked68
06-02-2009, 05:33 AM
Hey....Now I know somebody with a trailer if I break down......

lol - no problem - I am also bringing all my tools and welder etc.....

I will be happy to give a ride to anyone having problems as long as its not raining.

Charley Lillard
06-02-2009, 05:44 AM
You scared of a little rain ? :-)

Neil B
06-02-2009, 06:21 AM
Wow, nice Mustang. Sounds really good in the video on your website. I'm doing the long haul in my Procharged Corvette. See you out there!

wicked68
06-02-2009, 09:39 AM
You scared of a little rain ? :-)
not the rain - just all the cleanup and problems that come from drenching a 250K $ / 40 year old car in it.........

camcojb
06-02-2009, 01:15 PM
not the rain - just all the cleanup and problems that come from drenching a 250K $ / 40 year old car in it.........
there's been more expensive cars than that driven on Power Tour in the rain.:6gears: I feel the same way, it is tough to ever get the car as clean as it was. I've driven my Chevelle in the rain, and though it's not a $250K car it's pretty nice and detailed. But it's Power Tour, ya just gotta drive it rain or shine.

Jody

Charley Lillard
06-02-2009, 02:05 PM
LOL....Actually Jody's probably is a 250K car.

PhillipM
06-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Drive it. Other wise it will be known as the "baddest Pro-Trailer Mustang on the planet"

wicked68
06-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Drive it. Other wise it will be known as the "baddest Pro-Trailer Mustang on the planet"
haha - maybe :D

wicked68
06-02-2009, 03:00 PM
there's been more expensive cars than that driven on Power Tour in the rain.:6gears:
Jody
probably and they were probably owned by guys with a lot more money than I have - its all relative :)

I dont have that much money to not care about it - i wish I did - maybe one day - hey Obama - I need some money - please wire tomorrow. a couple of billion will do.

then I will drive it in the rain - woot!

Reckn8
06-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Charley, maybe he can bring some A/C tools along with the welder! That's usually what we need.:bsjerk:

wicked68
06-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Charley, maybe he can bring some A/C tools along with the welder! That's usually what we need.:bsjerk:

lol - I dont have ac in my car so I dont keep those tools on the trailer.

Charley Lillard
06-02-2009, 03:48 PM
250K and no AC ?...You will be rethinking that by the end of Power Tour... :-)....Power Tour=tall gears and AC. Then you will be at 252K.

wicked68
06-02-2009, 03:50 PM
250K and no AC ?...You will be rethinking that by the end of Power Tour... :-)....Power Tour=tall gears and AC. Then you will be at 252K.

I have a 5 speed - I guess we will keep the windows rolled down a cooler with ice cold water in the passengers seat

ac wont fit in the car - no way to put a compressor in it .