PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Center Console

navyflyer72
03-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Can anyone steer me in the right direction, I am looking for someone who can build me a complete center console for my 67 Camaro that runs from the top of the standard center dash area down to the transmission tunnel and back to just in front of the rear seat, I want something that looks more modern, (trying to blend old and new, like most everyone on here), and make it unique with some interesting touches. I have a design in mind and am planning on building a mold out of MDF or cardboard and cover it with fiberglass. Some may ask why not just do the whole thing out of fiberglass but I would really like to incorporate the cf look into the interior more than just my Covan gauge pod and a shifter handle, it's sort of a theme I am designing into the interior. Thanks in advance for any info.

JMarsa
03-19-2005, 08:33 PM
If you have the skills to mock it up or even build it out of fiberglass then I'd say go for it yourself and just cover top with a CF cloth. It's a laminating or overlay process. Check out www.fibreglast.com and thier board (http://www.fibreglast.com/phpBB2/) for starters.

--JMarsa

coolclassiccars
03-20-2005, 05:08 AM
problem is do i use the stock interior,front buckets are done but to buy everytning else,1,000....... custom leather look 2,000. problem with this is the stitch guy says straight stitching only, don't want the diamond tuck look,he's ready to go on the stuff? can't decide.i will make a console, or buy a oem a for 600.00 it will almost cost the same when done.thanks

coolclassiccars
03-20-2005, 05:09 AM
posted in the wrong erea sorry.