PDA

View Full Version : Help! 68 Camaro Door Seal Install...gone wrong!

Wildthing
03-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi,

I have been trying to install door seals on my 68 Camaro. There were not any on the car since I have owned it. The install went very good until I got to the ends (at the front of the door and the back of the door). They clipped/glued in fine... but on the front end there is this big lump of rubber I do not know what to do with, so I tried to fit the door panel over it. Now, when I roll down the windows the soft rubber of the seal grabs the window (in the front and the back of the door) and gets pulled in whichever direction the window is going.

1. How are the ends supposed to terminate on the seal: Are they supposed to run between the door panel and the door itself or are they between the window and the metal of the door?
2. Do I need to trim the seal so that it fits between the door panel and the door?
3. How do I stop the rubber of the newly installed seal from 'grabbing' the window?

Any insight, tips, or tricks will be appreciated. I have uploaded front and rear shots of the driver's door (worst one).

Thanks!
William

boodlefoof
03-18-2005, 06:23 AM
Hmmm.... I just replaced these last summer and my windows do touch the seal when rolling up or down... but just barely. They don't snag the rubber.

May be a dumb question, but are you sure you lined them up correctly with the push-in fitting holes? Other than that possibility, I guess just trim them back a hair?