PDA

View Full Version : Proffesional Products Powerfire

kenhaw
04-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Dont know if this brand is a big no no, but is anyone running this distributor. Seems like a smart idea to be able to adjust advance and retard with a knob at 1/2 degrees at the time.

ken67
02-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Ive got one in my 66 stang and one in my 67 fastback. Work great and pretty cheap. I know its not a sacred MSD but its a nice part

H2Ogbodies
02-18-2010, 10:56 AM
If that is the same company that markets the Chinese rip-off of the Edelbrock intakes, then yes they are a big no-no in my book. Buy American made whenever you can.

FULMNTE
02-18-2010, 01:54 PM
If that is the same company that markets the Chinese rip-off of the Edelbrock intakes, then yes they are a big no-no in my book. Buy American made whenever you can.

Hmmm, the OP lives in France...:)

DoABarrelRoll
02-18-2010, 05:41 PM
hmmm, the op lives in france...:)
lmfao

ken67
02-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Didnt FAST rip off professional products EFI Kit ,there dosent seem to be much complaining about that on this site!

ken67
02-18-2010, 10:25 PM
By the way, take a look at where your MSD and Holley parts are coming from. You may be surprised! I dont see where this distributor was ripped off from anyone. Just seems like a good idea. Make sure you ditch your I phone while you are at it

FULMNTE
02-19-2010, 06:40 AM
BTW:
The parts we are talkeing about are made by Retrotek

Professional Products is only a distributor of the distributor...:)

ken67
02-19-2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the correction, it just rubs me wrong when people take a stand against something they know nothing about. In these times I choose my parts carefully and cost DEFINITELY plays a part in my decision. Its not everything and I would not use junk even if it was free but when you make a statement that someone should not buy something because its made off shore they should send the person a check for the difference in cost since they are so fortunate and pocket heavy!

H2Ogbodies
02-19-2010, 02:28 PM
I said IF it is the same company....yes, Professional Products makes an intake which was made in China and was cast from a casted copy of an Edelbrock manifold-hence the overall poor quality. I know, I seen it show up in about 1998 at a store I had worked at and the owner wanted nothing to do with them. So who knows who owns PP and where is their manufacturing at? Curious as to where they come from then. I too try to save a dollar or two when I can but at some point, you gotta make a stand.

FULMNTE
02-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Yes, some of the products from PP are probably made in China. On these one's, I would rather buy Edelbrock Made in USA

FULMNTE
02-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the correction, it just rubs me wrong when people take a stand against something they know nothing about. In these times I choose my parts carefully and cost DEFINITELY plays a part in my decision. Its not everything and I would not use junk even if it was free but when you make a statement that someone should not buy something because its made off shore they should send the person a check for the difference in cost since they are so fortunate and pocket heavy!

I did not correct you, Ken
I am not aware of FAST ripping of PP or Retrotek, you could be correct!

ken67
02-19-2010, 06:38 PM
We all try to save a buck or two when we can. Sometimes it cost more in the process. The reason I like this site is to find the values out there without having to empty my pockets in the process. The manifolds seem to have come a long way since they were introduced and I can never say a bad word about Edelbrock. They make a stand in the industry and stick by it.

vintageracer
02-20-2010, 10:25 AM
So much of the "China" stuff is made with Recyled or New American (US) raw materials.

That's makes it OK doesn't it?????

ken67
02-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Good parts make it ok

MarkM66
04-08-2010, 03:05 PM
I tried one. It was junk. Timing was all over the place and would just loose spark for no reason. Replaced it with an MSD, and engine ran just fine afterwards.

Spend the extra money for an MSD.

camcojb
04-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Didnt FAST rip off professional products EFI Kit ,there dosent seem to be much complaining about that on this site!
FAST has been making EFI systems a lot longer than PP. They decided to come out with a simple entry level throttle body system like others have done, to share in that market and add to their higher end EFI systems. PP bought out Retrotek from what I've heard, and re-named it, they didn't invent this one. Again, from what I've heard this PP EFI (Retrotek) works well.

As far as that distributor, I've heard way more negative than positive, but you'll always find exceptions.

Jody

TnBlkC230WZ
04-09-2010, 08:48 PM
FAST's EZ-EFI throttle body is much closer to an Accell part, but the electronis are way different. Being a technology leader, I don't think they are into ripping off the copy cats.

AintQik
04-11-2010, 09:55 AM
I've tried their stuff in the past and it was horrible. You get what you pay for in most cases. Fuel rails leaked like a sieve. Is that how you spell "sieve"? I'll consult my Chinese phone lol.