PDA

View Full Version : Pre Assembled door panels

paulk68
04-17-2009, 12:14 PM
guys i was wondering if anyone has used aftermarket pre assembled 68 standard door panels. i looking to pick some up through rick's any help would be great thank you

mjoc1
04-17-2009, 04:46 PM
I used the 1970 Standard Black on one of my older camaros. The ones from Classic Industries. They worked fine look good too. I would assume the 67-69 are actually a better piece since demand is higher.

Mike

Patrick
04-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Not exactly what you are looking but the price is good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-1969-Camaro-Deluxe-Door-Panels_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q 3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c29 3Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZi tem190300326262QQitemZ190300326262QQptZMotorsQ5fCa rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Oh yeah...it's my listing. The vinyl is so-so, padding is good and the backing is good. Might be a good starting place if you wanted to recover.

will-ss-69
04-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Good and Bad with Classic Industries. I ordered $1500. of stuff and was overall pleased with the quality I received. They have almost everything which is great. The Bad is they are "SO-BIG" that the people on the phones work at an entirely different wearhouse. They needed 24 hours to get back to me with answers to my questions. And most of them Do-not have a Muscle car. I was wanting to know who manufactures their fabric. They told me they use 3 different companies and when my order goes down the line I would get whatever is on top. I was requesting P.U.I. I got lucky and received P.U.I. My door panels actually had metal backs! That is what you want to get. Some stuff is made in china and they use Plastic backs. Do not install those panels you will never be happy when the sun warps your door panels. I bought my seat cushions and seat covers from Steves Camaro's in Redwood City California. He carries P.U.I . His prices are great also http://www.stevescamaroparts.com/
This Guy is THE BEST. He knows everything about these cars and can find anything. He found my Seat Catches for my front buckets. No One Makes these and you cant find them at the Junk Yard. Good Luck Will:smoke:

MuscleRodz
04-20-2009, 09:38 AM
We are PUI dealers as well and have some of the best prices on their stuff.

SVTforme
04-20-2009, 03:27 PM
I originally bought a set of 1969 standard black panels several years back from PUI. When I received them, the chrome strip that goes around them started lifting. I called PUI and they were excellent to deal with and promptly sent me another set. I got those in and noticed they were doing the same thing. I sent those back and ended up getting a refund.

My car sat for several years and then I started back into it again. At this time PUI had two different grades of panels, but I decided to go with something else, although I am sure they had the previous issues sorted out. I ended up using the Ted Williams Enterprises (TWE) panels and am very happy with them. The needed a slight adjustment where the door clips slide into, but once I got that tweaked - they fit excellent. Very happy to say the least.

As an aside - I do really like my PUI seat covers which look perfect and looks just like the originals. I likely just had a bad batch of door panels.

MuscleRodz
04-20-2009, 09:09 PM
I originally bought a set of 1969 standard black panels several years back from PUI. When I received them, the chrome strip that goes around them started lifting. I called PUI and they were excellent to deal with and promptly sent me another set. I got those in and noticed they were doing the same thing. I sent those back and ended up getting a refund.

My car sat for several years and then I started back into it again. At this time PUI had two different grades of panels, but I decided to go with something else, although I am sure they had the previous issues sorted out. I ended up using the Ted Williams Enterprises (TWE) panels and am very happy with them. The needed a slight adjustment where the door clips slide into, but once I got that tweaked - they fit excellent. Very happy to say the least.

As an aside - I do really like my PUI seat covers which look perfect and looks just like the originals. I likely just had a bad batch of door panels.The TWE door panels suck in the way they look compared to originals. I have had TWE, PUI, and originals right next to each other at one time. Legendary Interiors is now working on Camaro stuff and their interiors are the nicest out there for reproduction interior parts

amsterdam
04-21-2009, 12:27 PM
I am also looking for new door panels and was looking at classic. Found two part numbers for PUI panels K63501 and K63501P.
It says that both are pre-assambled. Is there somebody who knows what the difference between the two is.

Thanks,
Erik

MuscleRodz
04-22-2009, 07:57 AM
I am also looking for new door panels and was looking at classic. Found two part numbers for PUI panels K63501 and K63501P.
It says that both are pre-assambled. Is there somebody who knows what the difference between the two is.

Thanks,
ErikClassic Industries sell Dystinctive i think, so i can't tell you what the differences are. On PUI they have 2 levels of assembled door panels, one has just the top cap installed, then they have the "GOLD" Edition which have all the trim installed, and only need door panel emblems if needed before installation.

will-ss-69
04-22-2009, 08:08 AM
Found some used 68 door panels while searching for other things. He wants way too much and no arm rest bases. here ya go!!!!
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/1133658765.html

amsterdam
04-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the info.

Erik