PDA

View Full Version : Pleasanton AutoX Roll Call

lt1chevelle
04-09-2009, 04:33 PM
i know its not till the end of may but wanted to see how many ppl will be going to the show/autoX. ill be at the show as for doing the autoX i dunno having some steering problems and need to get my brakes dialed in.:drive2:

Fesler built
04-09-2009, 04:35 PM
We will be there with full set up on display stop by and say hi. good luck with your brakes

James OLC
04-09-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm signed up and looking forward to seeing how the changes we're making work out!

class67
04-09-2009, 05:46 PM
I'll be there!

youthpastor
04-09-2009, 07:48 PM
tempting... I wonder where they are going to do it at, any ideas??- Chris

Larry Callahan
04-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I plan to sign up but I don't think there is any chance I can make it. Not having a truck or trailer and near 8 hours away it's not looking good. Maybe Susan and I will drive up and watch on Saturday and spend some time visiting the area on Sunday?

Steve1968LS2
04-09-2009, 07:55 PM
I plan on being there.. long haul but should be fun.

Is it a Fri,Sat, Sun deal? What days are the autocross?

kp.touring
04-09-2009, 08:08 PM
We will be there with a trailer/booth outside so we can play. Steve it is 2 days only Sat & Sun.

Kevin

lt1chevelle
04-09-2009, 08:10 PM
i have no i ideal i was thinking the same thing. all i can think of is they might put some of the swap meet guys somewhere else or there is an open spot kinda by the where the car coral is kinda hard to explain where it is. but other than those two spots your guess is as good as mine.

-steve i think it is only sat&sun. the only fri,sat,sunday, show we have here is the one in aug and thats for 57's and below.

tempting... I wonder where they are going to do it at, any ideas??- Chris

lt1chevelle
04-09-2009, 08:11 PM
guess u type faster than me lol

We will be there with a trailer/booth outside so we can play. Steve it is 2 days only Sat & Sun.

Kevin

lt1chevelle
04-09-2009, 08:14 PM
if u guys are looking for somthing to do afterwards sat there is a car show deal in livermore about 10min from the show. http://www.altamontcruisers.org/

class67
04-09-2009, 08:51 PM
It will be out by the swap meet, I was told. Maybe they will shrink the swap meet a little so we can have that nice new black top...lol

class67
04-09-2009, 08:52 PM
if u guys are looking for somthing to do afterwards sat there is a car show deal in livermore about 10min from the show. http://www.altamontcruisers.org/

That could be cool, I hear that it gets pretty crowded sometimes.

mazspeed
04-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Ill be there if the car is running correctly with 2 drivers.

mpozzi
04-12-2009, 08:11 AM
I was told the Autocross will be in the area where the Swap Meet is normally held. They're moving the Swap Meet further west and giving us part of the area between the main building and the Swap Meet. It's a very cool location and the Autocross will get tons of spectators. Having autocrossed at the Alameda County Fairgrounds before, that's the only place I can see this event being put.

As this Good Guys is open to anything with an American-made engine, older muscle probably won't win but we'll put on a show.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

larknut
04-12-2009, 08:13 AM
I will be there for sure. I can't miss the Auto-X.

Mary, I'm sure you will be putting alot of those cars to shame.

DriverzInc
04-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Looks like we'll probably be doing a booth outside too. Johnny is talking about bringing the Tempest up too to do some AutoX.

mpozzi
04-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Looks like we'll probably be doing a booth outside too. Johnny is talking about bringing the Tempest up too to do some AutoX.

That's great and the Tempest is one cool car. I'd like to ride with him if he wants. We'll have to get a Pro-Touring dinner or something together for Saturday night.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

JT_67Tempest
04-16-2009, 09:18 PM
That's great and the Tempest is one cool car. I'd like to ride with him if he wants. We'll have to get a Pro-Touring dinner or something together for Saturday night.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

I'd be nervous as heck having someone as experienced as you in the passenger seat!!! Shoot I'd probably take out all the cones!!! LOL!!

Johnny

mpozzi
04-17-2009, 09:54 AM
I'd be nervous as heck having someone as experienced as you in the passenger seat!!! Shoot I'd probably take out all the cones!!! LOL!!

Johnny

Yeah, right ... that passenger seat is MINE!!!

Cheers and :),
Mary Pozzi

Damn True
04-17-2009, 10:40 AM
As this Good Guys is open to anything with an American-made engine, older muscle probably won't win but we'll put on a show.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

I wouldn't bet against the ghost flames.

JT_67Tempest
04-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Yeah, right ... that passenger seat is MINE!!!

Cheers and :),
Mary Pozzi

You are too funny Mary!! Now the pressure is on to improve my driving skills before the end of May.

Johnny

Hotchkis
04-20-2009, 09:27 AM
We'll be there, and it looks like our E-Max Challenger is going to make its autocross debut, now that we replaced the factory trans with a Tremec from Classic 5-Speed and tossed the stock slip-n-slide seats with something a little more suitable for racing.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/03/ArmGallery05a-1.jpg

Hopefully a certain killer 2nd gen Camaro driver will take a few turns behind the wheel for us in the Vendor class. :drive:

ROBS6T8
04-29-2009, 05:03 AM
We'll be there. Looking forward to meeting some new peeps. Mary, I'll take a number to get a ride with you this time!! the wife is looking forward to another one also. She's addicted.

kp.touring
05-16-2009, 10:44 AM
2 weeks til P'ton Goodguys! We will be there with a bunch of our customers so stop by our trailer and say Howdy.

Kevin

-The Stig-
05-16-2009, 11:06 AM
What dates are the show? I might be able to make it... my grandparents live out in Stockton, not tooo far away.

lt1chevelle
05-16-2009, 11:41 AM
30th&31st of this month

What dates are the show? I might be able to make it... my grandparents live out in Stockton, not tooo far away.

-The Stig-
05-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Hopefully a certain killer 2nd gen Camaro driver will take a few turns behind the wheel for us in the Vendor class. :drive:

Yeah, I guess I could take it for a spin in between my own runs....

Oh... you're probably talking about Mary. Damn.

Larry Callahan
05-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Wish I could make it. I have other commitments and can't make it.

-The Stig-
05-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Wish I could make it. I have other commitments and can't make it.

I'll take MotiV8r up north on your behalf Larry. :twothumbs

But seriously. I will. https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/05/turborofl-1.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Larry Callahan
05-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Lol!

-The Stig-
05-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Lol!

Yeah, Jon and I laughed to about it...

But seriously... we will. lol

kidding.

But really, have your people call my mom. We'll set this up.

mazspeed
05-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Is it too late to enter the autocross? I have a ringer :)

79-TA
05-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Any car in the show can run the autocross and I think they have day-of registration. Whatchya got?

mazspeed
05-19-2009, 08:51 PM
67 camaro, but my driver is the ringer. Yeah I'm going to try and sign up tomorrow.

class67
05-19-2009, 09:05 PM
67 camaro, but my driver is the ringer. Yeah I'm going to try and sign up tomorrow.

Pre-registration is closed now....you will have to wait until the show and register day of.

mazspeed
05-20-2009, 01:18 PM
I just called them and they set it up for me. I'm in.

class67
05-20-2009, 02:32 PM
I just called them and they set it up for me. I'm in.

Thanks for the heads up, I called too....I'm in! :)

buickfunnycar.com
05-20-2009, 02:52 PM
67 camaro, but my driver is the ringer...

Is Mary going to drive your car too?
We'll be there on Sat cheering her on to hopefully another victory.:1st:

James OLC
05-20-2009, 05:46 PM
We booked flights today, the Camaro will definately be there...

DRJDVM's '69
05-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Holy crap... I totally forgot about this event !!

Well my new replacement wheel finally shipped ( I hit a wheel in the road on my way back from the last GG event !!!)....now on Tirerack my tire is on back order so I have to call around and see if I can find one..... then I need to get it aligned and put some miles on it to make sure everything is good to go.... I may make the event but not the autox.....crap.....

mazspeed
05-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Is Mary going to drive your car too?
We'll be there on Sat cheering her on to hopefully another victory.:1st:

Tim Arnett is driving my car :)
I'll be driving it as well.

David Pozzi
05-21-2009, 11:17 AM
I know Tim, he does a lot of vintage racing.

TonyHuntimer
05-21-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm going to have to put my new front brake pads on early next week! I hope to get to be a passenger in Mary's car, so I can see how it's done.

mazspeed
05-21-2009, 12:19 PM
I know Tim, he does a lot of vintage racing.

Yeah Tim is a real good guy and one of my clients. I asked him as a favor to do it, and he was more than happy too. After 13 years of not driving competitively, I might be a bit rusty, and figured get a pro to do it to really sort it out.

Jeff70
05-24-2009, 08:57 PM
I will be their also on saturday look for the blue 71 Cutlass conv. Im sure I will be the only one in the autocross with white wall tires!

Jeff

CRCRFT78
05-24-2009, 09:28 PM
I just want to ride shotgun with ANY of you in the Auto-x. Mary or James can I hop in?

James OLC
05-25-2009, 04:56 AM
Sure Jose - see you this weekend

CRCRFT78
05-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Alright I'm there. Thanks

ROBS6T8
05-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Looking forward to meeting new folk and catching a ride if possible. Wife got a ride with Mary down in Costa Mesa and loved it... I think I need one now. I need some motivation to get back out there and work on the Camaro...aka Orngasm!!

-The Stig-
05-25-2009, 10:57 PM
I plan on coming up for Saturdays show/autox. My grandparents live in Stockton, so just a quick drive from there to Pleasanton.

My Grandpa is really stoked about going, he was bummed that he can't take his John Cooper Works Mini Cooper S out on the track. But I'll let him out there in the Pontiac, I'm sure he'll have plenty of fun.

Short work week, only 3 days! Yes! :D

DRJDVM's '69
05-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Well my rim and tire have still not arrived.....so I highly doubt my car will be there. I may show up with my '98 Camaro SS.... I've actually AutoX that car alot, so in reality it may out perform my '69 anyway :)

Whats the format for the Autox?

Is it "first come first serve" for signup ?

Do they limit cars ? Number of cars, type etc..

How many laps do you get?

How does it integrate with the show? ....do the AutoX cars stay over in a separate area the whole time?.....I'm used to getting there really early to scope a good spot and then staying put...spaces are hard to come by so I would expect it to be impossible to go back and forth with a car...

-The Stig-
05-26-2009, 04:26 PM
The autox is usually off to the side of the show, sorta. And the cars that run the cones are parked in their own little area. Kinda like an "open pits" environment.

You just show up, sign up, get in line and you run the course... then get back in line. Quite fun.

79-TA
05-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Assuming Pleasanton is set up like Costa Mesa and Del Mar, a stock 4th gen should be good for 32's, a very good time.

In Costa Mesa, I got a good spot and then left it marked with chairs to go autox. However, my car spent 95% of the time parked by the autocross, so having the spot ended up not being that helpful.

-The Stig-
05-26-2009, 08:53 PM
A stock G8 GT is good for 31's if the courses are comparable. :D

31.4 was my best... I'd like to be able to repeat 'decent' times again. All the fast guys/gals were in the 30's, and the uber types where faster. Ahem... Mary.

CRCRFT78
05-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Anyone else want a passenger? Will there be a meeting spot fot the PT/Lat-G members?

MrQuick
05-27-2009, 06:04 PM
looks like the side fence near the start/finish sounds like a good spot. Keep an eye out for all the geeks in Pro-touring shirts. LOL

vince

ROBS6T8
05-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Side fence near start/finish sounds good, we'll be there with camera in hand.
Robert

lt1chevelle
05-27-2009, 09:31 PM
someone take lots of pics for me, my buddy disided to come up this weekend, so we are going to the lake instead. anyone kno if they will have this again next year in p-town?

EBMC
05-28-2009, 05:07 AM
Well I just got my shocks back and were trying to get some sway bar changes made before this weekend so hopefully well be able to run. Kind of wanted to practice a bit, but what the hell! anyway we'll be parked in the Goodguys booth all weekend and look forward to seeing you all.

buickfunnycar.com
05-28-2009, 11:49 AM
See you guys there,I'll be the one smoking cigars...:smoke:

larknut
05-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Keep an eye out for all the geeks in Pro-touring shirts. LOL

vince

I'd be one of those geeks but I'm still waiting for my shirt and I don't think it'll get here in time. I figured what better way to spot a Pro-touring guy, right?

I'll be out there with my mostly green, beater stepside in the For Sale Corral and at the Auto-X ofcourse.

zbugger
05-28-2009, 04:39 PM
... Keep an eye out for all the geeks in Pro-touring shirts. LOL
HEY!!!! I resemble that remark!!

mazspeed
05-28-2009, 07:00 PM
We are running for sure. Just got done tuning the car with Tim, and we think we will be very competitive. Should be fun.

zbugger
05-28-2009, 07:12 PM
I can't wait to see your car again, Mike. Last time I saw it was at CAR. It'll be good to see it in action.

CRCRFT78
05-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey Allen how'd you get so many posts?:dunno::rotfl: Mike, can I get a ride?

TonyHuntimer
05-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Hey Allen how'd you get so many posts?

WOW ALLEN! Nice post count.

I think at the last minute I might not make it out to the GoodGuys. I'm sooooo far behind on my book and I didn't get my brake pads swapped and rotors turned for the autocross...I've been on jury duty this week. DOH! The rotors are too uneven to simply slap the pads on tomorrow night.

MrQuick
05-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Oh come on Tony...a few hours won't kill ya.

Nice things about books...you can put them down for a bit. LOL

Lark, i'll be there with my Riv....not done but im gonna try to sell it anyways. Black, chrome and low.

See you guys there.

mazspeed
05-28-2009, 10:27 PM
I can't wait to see your car again, Mike. Last time I saw it was at CAR. It'll be good to see it in action.

Hey Allen, yeah, it's different in a bunch of ways. We got more power today. Tim took the car out with me and we beat the hell out of it in the local mountains and we got it to stick. We expect more after the weekend, but we expect very good things this weekend. It will be great to see you as well.

Flash68
05-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Hey Allen, yeah, it's different in a bunch of ways. We got more power today. Tim took the car out with me and we beat the hell out of it in the local mountains and we got it to stick. We expect more after the weekend, but we expect very good things this weekend. It will be great to see you as well.

Mike, what day and time are you running the AutoX?

larknut
05-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Lark, i'll be there with my Riv....not done but im gonna try to sell it anyways. Black, chrome and low.

See you guys there.

I'll be looking for it. I dig the "suede".

mazspeed
05-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Mike, what day and time are you running the AutoX?
Saturday for sure. I think there is one on Sunday, but we will have to see if I do that one or not. I don't know all the times and dates yet.

-The Stig-
05-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Well, made it up to Stockton, CA at my Grandparents place.

About 50 miles away, I'll be there first thing in the morning. Look for the (probably only) big black 4 door sedan in line for the AutoX.

I've got my Go-Pro with me too, I plan on getting that thing stuck all over the car during the day.

class67
05-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Well, made it up to Stockton, CA at my Grandparents place.

About 50 miles away, I'll be there first thing in the morning. Look for the (probably only) big black 4 door sedan in line for the AutoX.

I've got my Go-Pro with me too, I plan on getting that thing stuck all over the car during the day.

What time are you leaving Stockton in the morning? there are a few of us in Tracy that will be leaving between 5:30 and 6:00, might see you on the freeway!

-The Stig-
05-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Not sure when I'll be getting up to get on out that way, I'll be taking my Grandpa with me.

I'll talk to him tonight when he gets home, what he thinks for a start time. I'll keep you posted.

MrQuick
05-29-2009, 09:00 PM
all loaded up and ready to go. we will see you guys in the am.

Hey Stiggy...can I ride in your trunk? LOL

I'll be looking for it. I dig the "suede".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ZRqU4-bkk thanks, got a vidup....see you there.

vince

vince

-The Stig-
05-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Wow, today was way fun. Beyond words haha.

It was good seeing everybody today, and meeting a few new people.

Mary's driving once again was superb. James and OLC were doing consistent fast times. Mike Hodges was blistering fast in the Z06.

Myself, I was a cone magnet today. I was consistent all day, at hitting them damn orange suckers. One run I collected 4 of them.. an 'off' day for sure. Ugh. Still, fun!

Thanks everybody!

79-TA
05-30-2009, 06:49 PM
So how did the course layout and resulting times compare to Del Mar and Costa Mesa?

larknut
05-30-2009, 07:07 PM
It was once again great watching all of the cars run today. The crowd of spectators was encompassing almost the entire circumference of the course. I didn't get to see as much of the Auto-x as I would have liked, but there is always tomorrow.

Who will be there tomorrow anyway? Once again I managed to miss everyone.

class67
05-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Let me just say....Mary can drive her a$$ off.

It was just fun watching her and the crowd was applauding the whole time. When I was standing there talking with Mary, somebody asked her for her autograph...lol

Good time today for sure.

-The Stig-
05-30-2009, 07:30 PM
The course was a roughly 10 seconds longer. Average times for Del Mar and Costa Mesa were in the low 30's, Pleasanton was in the low 40's. The fasty types were doing the runs in the 36-38 second range.

My personal best was 40.1. But apparenlty I tagged a cone, so 41.1. :( My fastest legit pass was 40.8.

I was definitely faster in the early morning when the track was cool, once it heated up the G8 was all over the place. I had the front end washout on me several times where it had gripped before on previous runs. The unexpected understeer caught me off guard a few times. Then again, the ass end slipped a few times which I just used that to help rotate the car as much as possible. The crowd seemed to enjoy the big 4-door drifts... haha.

This course was a little scary with that tree at the entrance/chicane and the far end with the Tree/K-Rails that seem to jump out at you. They could of laid it out a bit better, maybe a bit wider in sections. When James and I walked the course we were a bit worried about how people would navigate the far end with the trees and concrete stoppers.

Still, overall was a good time. Especially when Mary took me for a ride in my own car... with a huge and unexpected loss of traction on the far end (read: big drift) she pulled down a 39.1. Was way fun.

Thanks Mary. :1st:

I saw the Good-guys photographers out there, maybe I'll make the magazine again. They had a picture of me at Costa Mesa in the May(?) issue of their magazine, page 66 I believe.

class67
05-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Matt, I watched 3 of your runs and you were handling it man...On that 40 sec. run, I don't if you hit that cone or if it was jet wash...lol

buickfunnycar.com
05-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Mary once again looked ultra-smooth behind the wheel of that straight-axle '73 Camaro besting some pretty darn impressive PT cars and prepped Z06's on a very tight and slippery course.
Here's a lousy shot of her on course:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

One big bummer was when the Good Guys giveaway 427 SuperNova ran,it's engine lost fire just as it passed us in the grandstands and with hydroboost brakes,he was just hanging on for the ride:

Drove off under it's own power but clearly wounded...

Oh...and look what I picked up at the Hotchkis booth...Mary's a rockstar!:yum:

Seriously...how cool it that?:smoke:

MrQuick
05-30-2009, 08:24 PM
I didn't see you there John, sorry. I believe I managed to miss everyone.

Ty's Nova...OUCH...was he driving it?

Nice driving out there Stiggy. Mary had it crossed up and your car has a really nice profile! LOL
Cool ride though.

I was trying to talk Allen (Zbugger) into taking ride with her and scream all the way around the course. But the 4X4 lap was fun enough.

Here are some videos of a few of the races. Not going to embed them...Im lazy and tired.

Lark, I missed you again. Did you catch the Riv? I have more work to do so I'll meet up with you at the next show. Any luck with your's?

Vids...
wgnA9-EXXJM
V7L94Jzti60
_SMk8a3JdJE
IN2ilQAgaWk

Vince

-The Stig-
05-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Matt, I watched 3 of your runs and you were handling it man...On that 40 sec. run, I don't if you hit that cone or if it was jet wash...lol

haha, well thanks. At the end of the day I called it quits early. I was getting frustrated at having an 'off' day. I just couldn't get it working for me as I would have liked hahaha.

Nice driving out there Stiggy. Mary had it crossed up and your car has a really nice profile! LOL
Cool ride though.

Thanks, Yeah... when she/we lost the rear on the far end I thought we were going to loop it. Mary even said something that can't be repeated on the internet when it slid out from under her... But the front end felt like it just glided in the correct direction and things turned out to be dynamic. I wish I could see how that looked from the outside. hahah.

The amount of fun had today is illegal in most countries. I'm glad this isn't one of them. lol https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/05/Flag-1.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

I'll see about swinging by the show and saying Hi to everybody before I head back down towards home. My grandpa insisted on filling me up on our way out of the show today, so maybe the car will handle better with a few more pounds out back....... or it'll just gain more inertia and slide more? hahaha

79-TA
05-30-2009, 10:10 PM
[/URL]
[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SMk8a3JdJE&feature=channel_page (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7L94Jzti60&feature=channel_page)

That 'vette is BAD! I'm going to throw out a guess and say it had tires with less than 180 UTQG treadwear. Great run nonetheless.

mazspeed
05-30-2009, 11:46 PM
That 'vette is BAD! I'm going to throw out a guess and say it had tires with less than 180 UTQG treadwear. Great run nonetheless.
It had 30's UTQG's slicks. Most cars there were in the low 100's. Not many were running 180's and up. Maybe 30 percent including Mary. She rocks. I was happy that my car did a 38 and many 39's on 260's the entire day. Of course Tim got squirrely a few times and took out 7 cones on a run. That was a blast to watch as was all the cars. :)
I thought it was a great day, but they need to do away with the concrete barriers. Not needed, at this event. The Nova should have hit nothing at the far wall. DO AWAY WITH THOSE BARRIERS! They were not Needed!

65MALI
05-31-2009, 12:41 AM
Right on for the vids, Vince(MRQUICK).Wish could have made it.Any takers on the Riv? I saw your snippet pretty sick.

larknut
05-31-2009, 06:29 AM
Headin' out for another day of fun! Maybe see some of you there.

Also, could someone please embed those videos. for some reason I can't see them on Youtube itself but can when they are embeded. Thanks.

DRJDVM's '69
05-31-2009, 07:35 AM
What a blast.... I spent the entire day at the Autox.....walked the show for about 45 minutes at the end of the day and headed home :)

Great to see some "PT cars" actually get beat on and put to the test rather than sit in the show and collect dust.

As for the course...... given the layout, the barriers were probably needed for safety and legal reasons. You never know what kind of drivers and cars may be out there...... I've seen plenty of people at Autox' get way way out of control and plow off the course pretty far. Now granted this course was small and tight so no one was getting up to real fast speeds etc but you never know what some idiot might do....

My only wish was that they had more space to make a bigger track :)

Fun fun....hopefully my '69 will make it next time. Best I could muster with the 98 Camaro SS on street tires was a 40.48x......

zbugger
05-31-2009, 08:42 AM
That was a great time out there. Keith, thanks a ton for the ride. Your car felt great. And that carbon fiber looks awesome!! Mary, I think I should have gotten that shirt autographed. I just wish I had hopped in for a ride with you. And I was right. John got the picture up before I could. lol....

It was great seeing everyone out there. I had a lot of fun. Great finally meeting James and seeing the One Lap Camaro too. Mike, your car looked awesome collecting all those cones as well. Glad to see you got to keep it and are doing what it was built to do with it.

Steve1968LS2
05-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Wish I could have made it.. I need to stop tearing my car apart.

Glad to hear the weather is good and everyone is having fun at the auto-x..

MrQuick
05-31-2009, 12:32 PM
well....I guess its better than buying another one to build right?

You missed a good time...and this.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/05/DSC_0477-1.jpg

MrQuick
05-31-2009, 01:35 PM
It had 30's UTQG's slicks. Most cars there were in the low 100's. Not many were running 180's and up. Maybe 30 percent including Mary. She rocks. I was happy that my car did a 38 and many 39's on 260's the entire day. Of course Tim got squirrely a few times and took out 7 cones on a run. That was a blast to watch as was all the cars. :)
I thought it was a great day, but they need to do away with the concrete barriers. Not needed, at this event. The Nova should have hit nothing at the far wall. DO AWAY WITH THOSE BARRIERS! They were not Needed!
I didn't forget about you...nice

BUbAaCEEeCs

mazspeed
05-31-2009, 01:54 PM
I didn't forget about you...nice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUbAaCEEeCs

That was the one I was in the passenger seat on. We took out quite a few pylons during the day. Thanks for the vid. I have some that my wife shot as well on youtube. Here is that link. http://www.youtube.com/user/no65mph

buickfunnycar.com
05-31-2009, 02:04 PM
And I was right. John got the picture up before I could. lol....

Ha...and you thought I wouldn't?:yum:
Here's a couple of shots of the other auto-x participants:

buickfunnycar.com
05-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Can't forget Keith and the carbon fiber Camaro,nice meeting you Keith...

One for the Olds fans:

larknut
05-31-2009, 02:48 PM
Lark, I missed you again. Did you catch the Riv? I have more work to do so I'll meet up with you at the next show. Any luck with your's?
Vince

I did find the Riv. I love the years with the hide-a-way headlights and the fact it had the later big block in it. Any bites on it?
No luck with mine. I don't think many people are looking for trucks anyway. No bites on the rims I had for sale either. Bummer.

I will extend congratulations to Mary. Last I heard she was the winner of the autocross event. She even handed it to some late model cars.

All-in-all it was a great weekend

class67
05-31-2009, 03:31 PM
CONGRATULATIONS MARY!!!

Mary took the whole event (and an award), 36.62...best of the weekend!

TonyHuntimer
05-31-2009, 03:43 PM
I didn't forget about you...nice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUbAaCEEeCs
That's a great video. I love the announcer..."You got one underneath the car!"

I'm so bummed I was stuck at home this weekend. It hurts my head knowing about all the fun I could have been having. I hope the event was a success so they bring the autocross back again.

mazspeed
05-31-2009, 04:10 PM
CONGRATULATIONS MARY!!!

Mary took the whole event (and an award), 36.62...best of the weekend!
Are there posted results yet?

Jeff70
05-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Hello all im Jeff I had the blue Cutlass convertible I just wanna say I had a great time, I quit going to the GoodGuys shows about 5yrs ago I guess I got kinda tired of just looking at cars collecting dust. The autocross made my weekend I hope they do it every year. I met some great people got a few rides just had a blast...... I was hoping to post some pics but I had my 11yr old daughter and my wife taking the pics..... so if any one wants to see the back of some guys head or Marys front headlight just le me know.....lol

Jeff

67cougnut
05-31-2009, 08:11 PM
I went out today it was a lot of fun auto the auto-x i really didnt even care about the rest of the show.Marys driving was awesome but i have to admit Mike Maier from Maier racing is one hell of a driver as well!

David Pozzi
06-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Here's a run by James Shipka in the One Lap Camaro. I just found it on Youtube...
tXN_8KliHwk

buickfunnycar.com
06-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Congrats Mary,great driving...:1st:

Damn True
06-01-2009, 08:04 AM
This week was my anniversary. We went camping last weekend, and this weekend was spent in SF. Went to a play on Saturday and a nice dinner Sat night and a night in a too expensive hotel. Sunday we went to the Giants game. Nothing car related.....ugh.

Well at least the Giants won.

class67
06-01-2009, 09:07 AM
After seeing the Nova get stacked up, it kinda freaked me out so I stayed away from the auto-x (I know...i'm a puss) but I did get this for the 2nd year in a row:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/06/PICT0203-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/06/PICT0202-1.jpg

MrQuick
06-01-2009, 09:33 AM
nice job Steve. Sorry we missed you again.

vince

EBMC
06-01-2009, 11:58 AM
I went out today it was a lot of fun auto the auto-x i really didnt even care about the rest of the show.Marys driving was awesome but i have to admit Mike Maier from Maier racing is one hell of a driver as well!
I rode with Mike on Saturday and it was a blast, I just had to hold on to the seat frame with both hands since the passenger seat was like sitting on a beach ball! wish I could have had enough time earlier in the week to have gotten the suspension dialed in to run my car, but oh well next time. (and yeah, I caught crap from everyone all weekend about it!)

-The Stig-
06-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Was good seeing most everybody one last time Sunday, got in 4 or 5 runs on Sunday before I headed home back to Long Beach... a solid 5 hour ride.

Needless to say, after spending the whole weekend in the car driving up to Stockton, then out to Pleasanton Saturday and thrashing all day, back to Stockton, then back to Pleasanton Sunday morning for more thrashing, and then home. I was ready to get OUT of the car Sunday evening. hahah

For as much as I complain about the damn G8, it performed flawlessly. Stupid new cars. hahah

Once again, just like in Costa Mesa people kept giving me the look of "What's he doing here with a 4-door?" lol... Driving the hell outta it that's what (or attempting to!)
I gotta get off my butt and get the car out to a real SCCA autox event one of these days... after I get new tires.

Wait, nevermind.... I'll just work on the Camaro instead. I think buying and building an engine for it would be cheaper than buying a new set of tires for the G8.:lmao:

CRCRFT78
06-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Some nice runs. I'm going to have to get something running and take it to one of these events. BTW, what cameras were some of you using on your cars? I need one.

mpozzi
06-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Wow and thanks for the nice words ...

Both Dave and I had a lot of fun meeting everyone that we "talk" to here and on other sites. Cars are terrific conversation pieces and bring out the best in all of us. The bad part of a two-day GoodGuys event is that the autocross is also two days. We end up staying in the same plot of parking lot for what seems like the entire event and miss out on so much else.

We got into a serious thrashfest the week before Pleasanton and between us and the Camaro, it looked like the Camaro was winning. Got some issues worked out and all was again right. We've got some wonderful companies working with our car and thankfully it didn't disappoint. Mike Maier, Maier Racing, and I swapped cars and he also liked the Camaro. I was also happy he didn't beat me as he's a damn good driver (SCCA C Prepared National Champion) that knows his way around an autocross course ... I think he got the better end of the deal as he told me just before I took to the course in his '66 Mustang notchback ... "er, Mary ... it pushes like a dump truck." He was right. It did!! With aplomb!!!

The owners of the cool red 'Vette are good friends of mine and they compete heavily with that car all over Northern California's autocrosses. Yes, the V710 is technically a "slick lite" as it has a smooth surface with two grooves for decoration. It is DOT legal but with a treadwear of 30, not too many purchase these for street use. The Kumho is an awesome autocross tire and also good for track days. The GoodGuys autocross course wasn't the best venue for this car and to really appreciate it, you need to see it on a more open, faster course. I have and combined with Brian's ability (he's also a Solo National Champion), it's pretty cool. He also bought a second gen roller from me about a year or so ago and when that car's completed, it's going to be a serious contender in C Prepared. He also wants to keep it street legal so methinks my days as being top of the GoodGuys Autocross heap are numbered once he gets it done. Let's see ... 3000 or less lbs compared to my car which weighs almost 3,700 lbs. What's good is that no one has told the '73 it weighs that much so it thinks it's a Miata.

The major downer was previously mentioned and I saw/heard the Super Nova as it hit the K-wall barrier at the end. After the engine quit, Ty was merely a passenger in a bullet headed for the target as there was minimal run-off room at that end of the course. Thankfully, the damage is pretty minor and sheetmetal can be repaired. It did put a damper on the remainder of the autocross (for me, at least).

I tried to accomodate everyone that asked for a ride and just told people to jump in the passenger seat if no one was there. Melanie Rushforth, Rushforth Wheels, did get the "best" ride and it was my final timed run for the competition. Came around the end, trailbraked into the corner, started rotation, and ended up doing this very cool slideways maneuver all the way around to track out. Kept my foot in it balancing the throttle as doing anything else would have been disaster. It was textbook perfect and I'd be hard pressed to do it again. Came out of the corner and planted the accelerator pedal to get to the next transitional section all the while both of us were laughing hysterically. A fitting end.

Hotchkis Sport Suspension were their typically fun selves and those guys are a huge part of making these events fun and enjoyable. It was also great to see John Hotchkis there watching and enjoying seeing his suspensions getting pounded on and thoroughly thrashed. I think the only thing I had to do was check/adjust air pressure and add a little power steering fluid to refill it after I bled it. It's cool to have such a turn-key, uncomplicated car ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

P.S. And I was in the back seat when the Excursion ran ... at least that's where I was when the run started.

MrQuick
06-01-2009, 07:21 PM
I thought that was you but didn't recognize the bottom of your shoes! LOL

Great weekend it was...

CurtiSS 69
06-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Congratulations Mary,

Job well done and on 180 treadwear tires as well. I think you will be at the top of the GoodGuy's Autocross results for a long time. Others will try, but I think you've got'em covered.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

-The Stig-
06-01-2009, 08:22 PM
The owners of the cool red 'Vette are good friends of mine and they compete heavily with that car all over Northern California's autocrosses. Yes, the V710 is technically a "slick lite" as it has a smooth surface with two grooves for decoration. It is DOT legal but with a treadwear of 30, not too many purchase these for street use. The Kumho is an awesome autocross tire and also good for track days. The GoodGuys autocross course wasn't the best venue for this car and to really appreciate it, you need to see it on a more open, faster course. I have and combined with Brian's ability (he's also a Solo National Champion), it's pretty cool. He also bought a second gen roller from me about a year or so ago and when that car's completed, it's going to be a serious contender in C Prepared. He also wants to keep it street legal so methinks my days as being top of the GoodGuys Autocross heap are numbered once he gets it done.

Don't worry Mary, once I get the 71RS moving under internal combustion power, and not grunty sweaty foot power... We'll team up and keep him at bay. Bahahah... That is... right till I spin off into the land of rubberized orange pyramids.

Thanks for the Mr. Toads Wild Ride in the G8 Saturday afternoon.https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://smiliesftw.com) Last time I had that much fun in a car was back in high school...

And for the next event, maybe you can get the event people to let you run the G8 with a full load if passengers. Autox-Taxi? hahah

I'd offer it up, but only you could get the people lined up for days. I bet they'd pay for it too! Would be an easy way to raise money for a charity or something..

After a weekend of thrashing through cones, today while driving around for work I was in my work truck ('09 F150 ext cab, possibly the worst handling vehicle known to man. I think a Lada (http://judey.dasmirnov.net/lada.jpg) would put the shame on this thing.) Anyways, going down the I-5fwy... I ran into a construction zone with cones. Everybody else was going slow... you know "slow for the cone" safety stuff. I gunned it, by which just makes more noise in the truck rather than going any place. And almost set up for a nice entry into the cones for some chicane/slalom runs. Glad I didn't... damn thing would of gone turtle in a heartbeat. I'd probably still be out there trying to figure out how I'd explain to my boss how the truck randomly "lost control and landed on it's roof".

I blame the Pozzi's for this addiction... worst than cigarettes... and you still end up smoking!tires.

79-TA
06-01-2009, 10:21 PM
After seeing the Nova get stacked up, it kinda freaked me out so I stayed away from the auto-x (I know...i'm a puss) but I did get this for the 2nd year in a row:

Someone's got to give you grief . . .
don't be one of those people; drive your car! :hand:

James OLC
06-02-2009, 06:22 AM
Man... I wish I lived in California, all this travelling is killing me. Thanks as always to David and Mary for their help and time - I couldn't have made the show without them.

The OneLapCamaro has definately improved with the Pozzi's help and it's nice to be able to run without having to spend a lot of time on maintenance at the track or have to be chasing little things here and there. I think that the most difficult mechanical challenge that we had all weekend was trying to pry a cone out of the front wheel well ...

We started the weekend in the 39's and finished with a best run of 37.4 with a 1 cone penalty and a 37.7 clean. I was happy enough with that since it put us near enough to the front to be respectable.

Here are the first two of four videos that we took on Saturday. I need to figure out a way to flip the other two 180° but will post them when I can. For now...

SplitterVision:
zryE-y2LavQ

and:
C7g4urQAsbc

buickfunnycar.com
06-02-2009, 07:34 AM
cool vids James...

ks71z28
06-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Here is a video of my 2nd run of the 1st day. It was a blast and the fans had a great time, the course was 1/4 the average autocross, but 1st gear has never been so much fun, thanks for all of the pro-touring members that took the time to come by, hope you guys enjoyed the rides
http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/ks71z28/video/?action=view&current=MVI_0215.flv
www.customworksproducts.com (http://www.customworksproducts.com)

73CPCAMARO
06-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Found a video of one my runs on youtube. Thanks to whoever took it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW06OgBbw9g

James OLC
06-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I really hate my ISP - can't upload anything to YouTube tonight, it will have to wait for tomorrow. I found a way to flip the videos from underneath the car but need to compress them to upload them first. One is a little bit long but cool because it's pointing backwards behind the car and the car behind me in line was a 2010 SS that made a couple of runs...

CurtiSS 69
06-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Man... I wish I lived in California, all this travelling is killing me. Thanks as always to David and Mary for their help and time - I couldn't have made the show without them.

The OneLapCamaro has definately improved with the Pozzi's help and it's nice to be able to run without having to spend a lot of time on maintenance at the track or have to be chasing little things here and there. I think that the most difficult mechanical challenge that we had all weekend was trying to pry a cone out of the front wheel well ...

We started the weekend in the 39's and finished with a best run of 37.4 with a 1 cone penalty and a 37.7 clean. I was happy enough with that since it put us near enough to the front to be respectable.

Here are the first two of four videos that we took on Saturday. I need to figure out a way to flip the other two 180° but will post them when I can. For now...

SplitterVision:
zryE-y2LavQ

and:
C7g4urQAsbc

James,

Why not move out here? There's plenty of work in Northern California. Loads of good tracks (Infineon, Laguna Seca, ThunderHill, and Buttonwillow) and Autocross (UFO and SCCA) as well.

I like that "Wheel Cam". Your car is very well behaved...You must have had some experts set it up. Good job on the driving to.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

James OLC
06-03-2009, 07:28 AM
I hear you Curtis...

I got the last two (worth posting) videos uploaded this morning...

The first has the camera mounted on the rear closeout panel (essentially on the gas tank) looking forwards at the underside of the car. Not as much room as Steve had when he tried it at Costa Mesa but still gives you a pretty good indication how much the rear suspension was working. Given how stable the car looks in the videos I was suprised...
OaFOn7cFsP8

This one doesn't have a lot of technical value but is a different perspective - mounted in the same place but looking backwards...
xE8Dx6H9EAo

buickfunnycar.com
06-03-2009, 08:15 AM
them are cool....:smoke:

mpozzi
06-03-2009, 08:28 AM
them are cool....:smoke:

James calls me over ...

He deadpans, "Pssst, you gotta see this" and has this "serious like something broke" look. He points to the back of the car and I don't see anything. I'm thinking the worst ... the sway bar fell off, the sway bar broke, the sway bar bent, the sway bar changed diameter, the sway bar changed into a Ford part ... and looked down to see this camera pointed towards the back.

Relieved and found this very cool. He does kid around sometimes and got my heartrate going for a bit. Thanks for the heart attack!!

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

James OLC
06-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Snake!!!!!

David Pozzi
06-03-2009, 08:50 AM
EEEK! A Hissing Gopher! :help!:

James OLC
06-03-2009, 09:09 AM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

-The Stig-
06-03-2009, 04:06 PM
and the car behind me in line was a 2010 SS that made a couple of runs...

When did that guy show up???

I never saw it, was sorta surprised I didn't see any doing the Autox...

mpozzi
06-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Yes, the '10 did make a run or two. I was jonesing for a ride in the passenger seat but he left before I could talk to the owner. Cool to see one in the flesh as I only have the ones at SEMA to compare it to.

Mary Pozzi

CRCRFT78
06-03-2009, 06:04 PM
What brand cameras are you using for these events to get the undercar footage?

MrQuick
06-03-2009, 06:29 PM
What brand cameras are you using for these events to get the undercar footage? go-pro's are hot now. http://www.goprocamera.com/

Damn I missed you too Jose.

I can't believe I missed the 5th gen too....please tell me it was on Sunday.
Vince

CRCRFT78
06-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks Vince. I saw alot of the members and was actually standing right next to alot of you during the auto-x. Other than that I was off to the side watching the action. I should learn to open my mouth and introduce myself.

MrQuick
06-03-2009, 06:44 PM
really???? damn...I was kinda out of it myself do too sun soaking. LOL well hey im from Daly City...we don't get the sun much. ; )

vince

-The Stig-
06-04-2009, 01:58 PM
We should have those "Hello my name is..." tags for when we meet up at shows. A few people approached me and just started talking to me like they knew me... which isn't a problem. Minus the whole "who are you??" look I usually had.

But, I had a fun time meeting all those who stopped by.

ROBS6T8
06-04-2009, 08:16 PM
We should have those "Hello my name is..." tags for when we meet up at shows. A few people approached me and just started talking to me like they knew me... which isn't a problem. Minus the whole "who are you??" look I usually had.

I agree Matt.
I guess when I get into the Autox a lil bit more, it will be easier to meet and see the people you chat with online.
Mary looked at me a few times like she knew she had met me, but I'm sure she has so many people asking for rides we all blend in. I wasn't able to get a ride with her this time but it looked as though everyone had as good as a time riding with her, that my wife did in Costa Mesa.
Mary and David are an inspiration to us all to know and understand the abilities of our vehicles to be able to drive them to their fullest potential. Look out world, here we come.
Okay, who am I kidding. I'LL JUST HAVE FUN. Y'all rock.

Robert

-The Stig-
06-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Mary and David are an inspiration to us all to know and understand the abilities of our vehicles to be able to drive them to their fullest potential.

They're pretty much the most awesomest people ever.

Steve1968LS2
06-05-2009, 05:04 PM

Yea.. my problem times ONE MILLION!! lol

Add in that I suck are remembering names and it's a PITA...

Hope to see y'all at the next event though...

-The Stig-
06-05-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm with you on that Steve, I'm kinda bad with names. But pretty good with faces... especially with women...

although I'm not usually looking at the face......

heyy-ooo!