PDA

View Full Version : For sale ads

BRIAN
04-04-2009, 05:19 PM
After having to deal with a couple of our finest how about adopting rules for the for sale section that other sites have. The only person that can reply to a for sale ad is the starter of that ad. This prevents all the stupid comments and also from friends doing the ghost praising of an ad.
It stops all the I posted first and basically all the nonsense.

If not no problem as I guess it works for most as is. I just hate all the BS when trying to sell something from guys who just have no intentions of doing anything but making off comments.

Thanks

Ralph LoGrasso
04-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Brian,

At this time we have no intentions of prohibiting forum members from replying to For Sale ads. Pro-Touring.com is primarily a forum where members are encouraged to post and join in on the conversation; the classifieds are merely a section of the website, employed to provide our members with a place to sell their items free of charge. Additionally, the answers to questions posted in a for sale ad are often beneficial to the seller, in the sense that it precludes them from having to answer the same question several times in PMs or emails.

As always, the moderators will remain scrupulous in removing posts that troll, flame or are redundant to the conversation. If you have any concerns about replies posted in one of your for sale ads, please contact a moderator and they will help to resolve it for you.

-ADMIN