PDA

View Full Version : Red Color

mtuck
03-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Well the time has finally come to get my 67' Camaro painted. I hope to get it to the painter this week. Now i am unsure of what color to paint the car. I was leaning toward Silver but it seems that silver is a very popular color these days. But, i have found a red that i like. It is called Magnetic Red Metallic. It is a Corvette color for 04' My question is, has anyone seen this color on a first gen Camaro? If so do you have a pic so i could see it. What do you all think of this color? I do not want to paint it Candy Apple Red because that too is a very popular color. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Matthew

OLDFLM
03-16-2005, 12:05 PM
My Firebird is painted GM code 72 Brilliant Red Metallic.
Looks great in the sun and you can buy touch up from Mr Goodwrench!

gtome
03-16-2005, 06:42 PM
Our PPG rep came in yesterday showing us a new line of paints (cant remember the name, I will look again tomorrow) they remind me a lot of House of Color stuff. VERY NICE!! There was a red that stuck out in my mind. I will get more info on it tomorrow and post it here. If you can find a jobber that carries PPG you might ask to see the chips. They are awsome!!

Travis B
03-16-2005, 07:25 PM
My favorite red is House of Kolor Blue Blood red it is such a transparent red it wust be sprayed over a white base!

Here is a couple of cars we did at Kenny Davis Hot Rods!
:seizure:

mtuck
03-17-2005, 08:20 AM
That Willys is a nice color. I am looking for something different and catches the eye as i drive past them. Picking out a color has been the hardest thing of all. I have gone between silver, blue, red. It is hard to be different these days. I get tired if seeing the same old colors...

Travis B
03-17-2005, 08:28 AM
I know what you mean!! It is getting harder all the time to be different! and to make yours stand out in a crowd! Have you thought about a two tone or maybe a three tone like the sick fish was supposed to be???? keep us posted on what color it will be

mtuck
03-17-2005, 10:37 AM
I have been looking at different colors for a while now. I think have it narrowed down to two choices. Please let me know what you all think. The first is the Blue like the color of Steve with the ZO69. The second is Cortez Silver with Candy Apple Red racing stripes. Just something a little different.

Bill68fbrd
03-18-2005, 12:42 AM
Im looking at using a pearl in my red or a pearl-metal thinking Ferarri red? Does aney one know a nice red not solid? Like the idea of white bace. Keep us posted on what you use.

Bill

ProdigyCustoms
03-18-2005, 04:07 AM
Silver with red stripes is very cool looking. I will always remeber a 67 Vette rodster, silver, red stinger, red guts. Killer car.

Travis B
03-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Silver with red stripes is very cool looking. I will always remeber a 67 Vette rodster, silver, red stinger, red guts. Killer car.

I'm with him :icon996: ,silver and red look good together! I think red interior would be a must with that combo!!JMO

Jagarang
03-18-2005, 12:51 PM
2003 or 2004 50th anniversary Corvette red, I can't remember what year was thhe 50th and I only saw the color once and for 5 minutes. I haven't forgotten it since!! VERY VERY nice!!

Ralph LoGrasso
03-18-2005, 01:48 PM
2003 or 2004 50th anniversary Corvette red, I can't remember what year was thhe 50th and I only saw the color once and for 5 minutes. I haven't forgotten it since!! VERY VERY nice!!

'03. I agree, that color is awesome. It's a bit dark too, which will make it stand out.

Roger Poirier
03-18-2005, 06:55 PM

I agree with Prodigy Customs. Anyone and everyone has a red sports car. It is the most over used color today. With the silver/red stripes you get the best of both worlds. This color combo is my second choice for my GTO. However, I'm going to stick with the factory black, with silver and red trim. Whatever turns your crank though.

Plus you have to admit Prodigy Customs has painted some mean looking paint jobs in all type of colors. He is the man! I still wish he was in MI.

Nine Ball
03-19-2005, 07:28 AM
hmmm, my car is red and it has no problem standing out in the sea of red cars. Consider it more challenging to have a standout red vehicle! haha

Tony