PDA

View Full Version : brake comparo - what brands are good?

BlazerSpeed
03-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Ok guys, Black Sunshine is about to get brakes, problem is im not too sure which ones to go with. i've been looking at Stainless Steel brakes(SSBC) Baer, Brembo, and Wilwood. I was curious as to what you guys think of these companies. it seems that SSBC is the cheapest of all of them. My brother and his racing buddies always used Wilwoods for drag racing, so I'm rather curious as to how they would hold up durring regular driving, and occasional track use.
Although im sure this will get the arguement going again, I would like to stay away from drilled rotors (slotted is prefered), if only for the fact that I've heard this can lead to premature failure.
So heres what im looking for, a decent complete brake package, fronts and rears, although a parking brake kit would be good too. moderate pricing(between 2000 and 3500). Possiblity of running a dual master cylinder system.
and what are your general opinions...good bad and ugly. the kit you have, would you buy it again?
thanks guys,
DEREK

LTorres
03-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Derek,
What diameter wheels are you running? I just happen to know how to get you the kit you desire...Just don't know if it will fit??

BlazerSpeed
03-16-2005, 03:23 PM
I'm running 18" Boze Stingers

http://www.bozeforged.com/images/large_images/BrushedStinger.jpg

18x8 fronts and 18x10 rears
do you need any other info?

Derek

LTorres2
03-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Hey man it's LTorres had to re-register has LTorres2 cuz I forgot my psswd and my e-mail account is cooky so they couldn't send me my correct password. So I set up a Yahoo e-mail at [email protected]. E-mail me at this address and I'll give you the info. you desire!