PDA

View Full Version : Latest Nova Pics

DLinson
03-12-2005, 08:03 PM
It's been a while since I have added any new pics to my web page or posted here. I hope to have some more pics on the site soon but here are a few of it's current conditions. I've been getting a few requests for updates.

The car is in urethane primmer now. I've finished putting in the complete drive train, brakes, and fuel system. I have all of the suspension in it too.

Since the front fenders, bumper, and spoiler are all one piece I don't want to pull it on and off too many times. So I wanted to put the engine in it to prevent taking off the front end too many times. The painter also wanted it in rolling condition so they could push it around the shop.

Next paint, then home for wiring, then off to the interior shop, and then back home to finish up the loose ends.

zbugger
03-12-2005, 08:09 PM
Looking great there so far!!!

Steve1968LS2
03-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Nice!!

I am always amazed at how some of the project here make my car look like I built it in my backyard..

Your car is gonna be quite the show stopper when it's done.. I like the cage design.

MrQuick
03-13-2005, 12:01 AM
Looks great Dennis, love the front airdamn...is it still metal? Hard to tell from the pix. very nice

camcojb
03-13-2005, 12:32 AM
Wow, what a cool car!

Jody

DLinson
03-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Thanks guys.

The front spoiler is all steel. If you go to my web site, spoiler build (http://www.et-motorsports.cc/project_cars/nova_62_menace/Construction/Body_work/spoiler/spoiler.htm)
This is the build of the front spoiler. I wrote a tech document on it as well, just click on the "Spoiler Tech Sheet" at the top of the page.

I don't have pics of the rear spoiler build on the site but I do have several pics of that build if anyone is intersted.

Thanks
Dennis

parsonsj
03-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Dennis,

I love it! It looks fantastic! What did you decide to do for shocks and springs?

jp

colt zantop
03-15-2005, 04:46 PM
yeah...that is gonna be killer! I think the rear spoiler is bad a$$!!!

Ralph LoGrasso
03-15-2005, 06:35 PM
WOW! The car is looking great, Dennis!! keep us updated.

DLinson
03-16-2005, 11:08 AM
I found a few build pics of the rear spoiler. This was a while ago.

As far as shocks, I'm probably go with the QA-1 single adjustable coil over unless Katz can recomend a good valve rate. Then I'll probably get them from Pro-shocks. As far as springs, I need to weigh the car and calculate CG height before Katz can figure that out.

So John, what are you doing with all this extra time now that you don't have the car?

Later,
Dennis

mdprovee
03-16-2005, 11:24 AM
That back spolier is Bad A$$!

Mike

Kevin@W2W
03-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Looking good.

What fuel filter is that?
By the looks it appears to be the fram or the knock off.

If it is I just wanted to let you know it isn't designed for fuel injection use depending on how big the fuel pump is.

DLinson
03-16-2005, 01:34 PM
The fuel system actually has two filters, the Fram is before the pump to protect the pump. It is a 35 micron filter. I have an Aeromotive 10 micron filter just before the fuel rail. The pump is whatever came with the Accel big block Superram EFI system. I'll have to double check the flow rate for both the pump and filter. Thanks for the head's up.

Dennis.

parsonsj
03-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Dennis,

What will I do with all my free time? So far I've been going to soccer games, cleaning the kitchen, making props for the elementary school play, and wishing the car was done.

Today I went to Bell's Trim and Design to check out their interior capabilities. I think I'm gonna have them do the interior. They've got what it takes.

Mostly I just wish the car was back so I can finish it. :)

jp

96Z28SS
03-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Did you weld the rear bumper to the body?

Blaster11
03-23-2005, 08:53 AM
Looks great, love the spoilers. I wouldn't have guessed that the rear spoiler was metal. Need to see pictures after paint.

Bruce

DLinson
03-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Thanks again for the comments.

The rear bumper was shortened about 4 inches and blended into the body and I created a new filler piece between the bumper and the tail light panel. It is all smoothed and no were for water to rund down and rust it out like it was before.

The front bumper was also shortened about 4 inches and blended into the front fenders along with the front spoiler. The front clip is all one peice. I wander if Chip got his idea for making the front clip on that last Camaro one piece from looking at my car.... yeh right. :lmao: I could dream.

ProTeal55
03-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Very sweet , very clean setup !!:icon996:

ViperBlue68
03-24-2005, 05:20 PM
:jawdrop: I dont know how I missed these pics before VERY nice job so far! :jawdrop:

vanzuuk1
03-25-2005, 04:12 AM
nice car , love the rear spoiler.

if you ever change your mind about yellow you are in for a lot of work!

cant wait for final photos.