PDA

View Full Version : New Event: Peach State Musclecar Challenge (PSMC)

David Sloan
02-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Peach State Musclecar Challenge (PSMC)

On May 15-16-17 2009 Pro-Touring.com Musclerides.com and RoadKillerKustoms will host a spin off of the RTTH's event that Bill Howell puts on in Tenn.

I was wanting to give the Ga. event the same feel that Bill has in Tenn,
Friends an Pro-Touring/Musclerides/Lateral G. Members Can come Run your car an Bench race meet people that you haven't, put names to face's.

May15
Friday will consist of Meeting up at the Toy Box in Canton, Hang out with our cars get to know each other over some music,an food.
May 16
Saturday will all meet up around 8:00am then head over to Calhoun http://www.paradisedragstrip.net/
Run our cars until around 3:00pm.
Then we will all Cruz the back roads of Ga. to Canton for the Cruz night. There have been as little as 400 cars and as many as 700 cars at this Cruz night.
Have some dinner at one of many different restaurants. Then back to the toy box to hang out some more.
May 17
Sunday will meet up at the host hotel around 8:00am then Cruz up 41hwy to the parking lot for the auto cross http://www.redtopautoauction.com/
Were Wallace Sanford the owner is graciously letting us use his lot for our event.
Now the way i understand it Wallace has a couple nice cars as well, an might come join us for the fun.

Well thats all i got right now but we will have more info to come.
I will have a link to the Host Hotel for reserving rooms ( they will hold 20 rooms as of right now)
But should be able to get more if needed.

Thanks to everybody that has helped out My wife, Jeff Tate, Bill Howell, of coarse Larry Callahan

Yall come on out an have some fun!!

BossaNova
02-28-2009, 02:58 PM
You can count me in!

wayne70
02-28-2009, 04:17 PM
We will watch for you to post hotel information.

Larry Callahan
03-01-2009, 05:38 AM
Bump: I moved this thread into it's own section.

David Sloan
03-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Bump: I moved this thread into it's own section.

Thanks Larry!
You the Man!!

HectorM52
03-01-2009, 09:58 AM
I'll be there too! Looking forward to it!

ProdigyCustoms
03-01-2009, 11:45 AM
When they cancelled Year One I booked a shop trip to Cancun Mexico for the crew for that week. So I am sorry to say we will miss the show, but I might have a couple customers that may come.

JEFFTATE
03-01-2009, 12:17 PM
When they cancelled Year One I booked a shop trip to Cancun Mexico for the crew for that week. So I am sorry to say we will miss the show, but I might have a couple customers that may come.

Sorry to hear that , Frank .
We will miss hangin' out with you , Michael , and Lisa..

JEFFTATE
03-01-2009, 12:18 PM
So , who's coming ?

Can we start a head count ??

David Sloan
03-01-2009, 12:22 PM

Sorry you guys want be able to be here, but it sounds like you are going to have a good time.

By all means tell your customers to come on were all family here.
Yall have fun
Thanks

Payton King
03-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Looking forward to heading that way.

David Sloan
03-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Looking forward to heading that way.

Glad you can make it, were going to have a blast.:smoke:

Bill Howell
03-05-2009, 07:26 PM
I can not wait David. Looks like a RTTHs south to me. Should be alot of fun, see everyone there.
I got the timing system all worked out now too, so that should go much smoother than last year here.
Anyone within an 8 hour drive should plan to make this one.

JEFFTATE
03-05-2009, 07:55 PM
I've gotten a lot of PM's from people who are interested in coming.
And I "think" we are gonna' have a very special feature of the event to be revealed later.

protouring70
03-08-2009, 04:00 PM
I'll be there! Car or no car!!! Maybe I can talk "UNCLE BOB" to let me drive the ZR1 from Barrett.HAHAHA

Quickstreet
03-08-2009, 05:41 PM
I have been looking forward to it. I will try to be there.

David Sloan
03-09-2009, 04:10 AM
Thanks guys
We are excited about being able to do this, an there may be some vender surprise's in the works.
Had one of our venders offer a give away! That would be so cool to be able to give some suspension parts or a sub frame to one of you guys.
Don't have a commitment yet but we are working on it.
Thanks & stay tuned for more info.

69rs
03-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Me an LittleBit will be there, of course! It will be a blast! I think it will be even better than when we piggyback on Year One.....Don't get me wrong, it's a premier event, but with everybody going 10 different directions, you miss what these gatherings are really about. The people. It's great to beat on your ride, but with no one, to share it with, it takes away from the "experience"!
Anyway, thanks to David and Tammy, Jelvis, Uncle Bill and Larry!
Love the name of the event BTW!

69rs
03-09-2009, 06:44 PM
I forgot to add, any of you people that have not been to one of these events, IT IS A MUST DO!! Even if your car isn't finished yet, or your knee hurts or the dog has genital warts, you have to come to these events.....They are the most fun you will have with your clothes on. And sometimes I take mine off.......:yum:. Ask anyone that has gone to one, we have a blast!

JEFFTATE
03-09-2009, 07:06 PM
I forgot to add, any of you people that have not been to one of these events, IT IS A MUST DO!! Even if your car isn't finished yet, or your knee hurts or the dog has genital warts, you have to come to these events.....They are the most fun you will have with your clothes on. And sometimes I take mine off.......:yum:. Ask anyone that has gone to one, we have a blast!

Thanks Jim !

" Somebody" you know suggested the name and everyone on the board ok'd it. ( LOL )

Finch
04-22-2009, 09:56 AM
What time will the festivities kick off on Friday and can you post up some directions to the Toy box for us?

Thanks,

JEFFTATE
04-22-2009, 10:53 AM
We will start in the mid afternoon ( about 3:00 ?? ).
Either myself or David will post directions to the host hotel , toy box , dragrace , cruise night , and autocross soon.
I'm gonna try to do it all on one map..
Give me a day or two to get it together..

Thanks Brian !!

JEFFTATE
04-24-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm working on a map...
I'll post it , so it can be printed..

XLexusTech
04-24-2009, 12:15 PM

All I can say is that is one hell of an idea. I worked in a shop like Franks. We did corvettes and every year we would be cranking away Christmas eve finishing up cars for Christmas delivery, 4 years straight 4 am Christmas day working like dogs.

Our boss never did something like that for us.. Bravo Fank!

protouring70
05-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Hey David, what is the address for the Toy Box, so I can put it in my Garmin.

Thanks

JEFFTATE
05-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Hey David, what is the address for the Toy Box, so I can put it in my Garmin.

Thanks

David's Address:

265 Willie West Road
Canton , Ga. 30114

Willie West Rd is on the north side of Hwy 20 about half way between Cartersville and Canton.
He's just a couple of miles east of the intersection of Hwy 108 and Hwy 20.

JEFFTATE
05-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Here's all the addresses :

Paradise Dragstrip
500 Chatsworth Hwy ( Hwy 225)
Calhoun,Ga.30701
( I-75 Exit 317 )
phone - 706-629-6161

Holiday Inn Cartersville
2336 Hwy 411
Cartersville , Ga.30184
( I-75 Exit 293 )
phone -770-386-0830

Road Killer Kustoms
107 E. Felton Rd.
Cartersville,Ga.30120
phone- 678-873-6578 ( David's cellphone )

ABC Red Top Auto Auction
444 Joe Frank Harris Parkway ( Hwy 41 )
( At I-75 exit 285 )
This is the Red Top Mtn State Park exit.

David Sloans Toy Box
265 Willie West Road
Canton , Ga. 30114

Riverstone Shopping Center
1447 Riverstone Pkwy
Canton, GA 30114

69rs
05-04-2009, 03:29 AM
What time will the festivities kick off on Friday and can you post up some directions to the Toy box for us?

Thanks,
Also, what time will things be wrapping up on Friday? I may not be able to leave work till 6:00 Friday night. Then I have to pick up LittleBit and get up there. Considering I work at a speed shop, they make it hard to get to a hot rod event!

JEFFTATE
05-04-2009, 04:01 AM
Also, what time will things be wrapping up on Friday? I may not be able to leave work till 6:00 Friday night. Then I have to pick up LittleBit and get up there. Considering I work at a speed shop, they make it hard to get to a hot rod event!

We will stay late for you Jim !
We'll probably wrap up around 12:00 or 1:00 ??
We won't quit 'till everyone shows and has a good time .

69rs
05-04-2009, 05:29 PM
How are you gonna get up, do your hair and make-up and make it to breakfast if you don't leave till 12 or 1?!?

BobK
05-05-2009, 02:46 AM
I'm checking with the boss to see if we've got anything planned for that weekend- if not, we'll be there for at least some of the events. It's not often that something this cool happens only a few miles from the house. A few questions:

- Is it OK to bring the kids? They're 5 and 8, and I'm trying to get them into cars (tough with girls, so I need all the help I can get....lol).

- If I'm not racing or autocrossing (since my only ride at the moment is a Dakota pickup), do I have to pay the $15 and $25 charges, or can I just spectate?

Hope to see you guys!

JEFFTATE
05-05-2009, 04:38 AM
How are you gonna get up, do your hair and make-up and make it to breakfast if you don't leave till 12 or 1?!?

I got me a wife.
She ties up all my loose ends for me.

JEFFTATE
05-05-2009, 04:52 AM
- Is it OK to bring the kids? They're 5 and 8, and I'm trying to get them into cars (tough with girls, so I need all the help I can get....lol).

- If I'm not racing or autocrossing (since my only ride at the moment is a Dakota pickup), do I have to pay the $15 and $25 charges, or can I just spectate?

Yes , Bring the kids !!
They need to be here .
They need water and shade though .
They're kinda' like wives , they get tired and hot easy.

There's no charge for spectators ....
Everyone is welcome ..

BobK
05-05-2009, 04:58 AM
Yes , Bring the kids !!
They need to be here .
They need water and shade though .
They're kinda' like wives , they get tired and hot easy.

There's no charge for spectators ....
Everyone is welcome ..

Cool- we'll definitely be there for at least some of the events- I'll nail it down as we get closer to the weekend. Looking forward to it!

JEFFTATE
05-05-2009, 05:18 AM
Cool- we'll definitely be there for at least some of the events- I'll nail it down as we get closer to the weekend. Looking forward to it!

Come on down !!

69rs
05-07-2009, 03:08 AM
I'm checking with the boss to see if we've got anything planned for that weekend- if not, we'll be there for at least some of the events.

This event is what you have planned! You'll see some of the nicest people in some of the nicest cars doing what they were built for.

69rs
05-07-2009, 03:09 AM
^^---Me and my car not included in that statement!

JEFFTATE
05-07-2009, 04:29 AM
^^---Me and my car not included in that statement!

mmmmm........Mine too !

Payton King
05-07-2009, 04:48 AM
but am unsure. I will be coming down 85 from Charlotte. What is the best cut through to Canton (hotel) Get off at the Winder exit and catch 20 over or actually go all the way to Atlanta and hit the loop to 75 and come back up?

HectorM52
05-07-2009, 05:33 AM
I live about a mile from exit 120 on I-85. Buford area.

If you don't mind hitting a little "surface street" traffic I would probably suggest getting off at the next exit south of me (exit #115 I think, Mall of Georgia / Buford / Hwy 20 exit). Go west. This will snake through Buford, Cumming, then go to Canton. It can get tricky in downtown Cumming.

I used to drive this route weekly to a job I was doing in Canton. In morning traffic it was taking about an hour to cut over. Depending on time of day you should be around an hour (maybe just over that) to do this route too.

If you would rather hit the cruise-control and not fight the red lights I suggest staying on I-85, cut across I-285, hitting I-75 North, hitting I-575 North then get off on Hwy 20 in Canton (or going directly to wherever your hotel is). I'd say you're about an hour-ish this way too. Unless you decide to head down between 6:30am & 9:30 am OR between 4:00 pm & 6:30 pm. Then you can add a little more depending on who has run into someone else that day.

I probably would suggest staying on the highway and PLANNING on hitting Atlanta between the rush-hour times. All this is assuming you're heading down on Friday.

[If you would like to hook up in Buford with me and a buddy on Friday afternoon and head over via Hwy 20 then shoot me a PM]

JEFFTATE
05-07-2009, 07:24 AM
I'm with Adam on this.
You can get off I-85 at Hwy 20 and come across , but there's a lot of traffic.
It might be better to stay on the interstates and keep the red lights at bay.
Try to come through Atlanta between 10:00am and 2:00pm.
Anytime earlier than 10:00 and you'll hit rush-hour traffic.

Payton King
05-07-2009, 07:37 AM
I will just take the interstate route.

Still trying to decide if I am trailering or driving it.

I plan on leaving aroung 8:00 am here on friday so I rush hour should not be a problem.

Thanks for the help

David Sloan
05-08-2009, 03:43 AM
I'm with Adam on this.
You can get off I-85 at Hwy 20 and come across , but there's a lot of traffic.
It might be better to stay on the interstates and keep the red lights at bay.
Try to come through Atlanta between 10:00am and 2:00pm.
Anytime earlier than 10:00 and you'll hit rush-hour traffic.

Thanks Jeff
We have been so busy i have not had time to help with every body's ?s
Sorry guy's

PARKERRS
05-08-2009, 04:54 AM
Sorry to say that I can't make this event guys, especially with it in my own back yard. I have a business deal taking place which requires me to be out of town between the 13th -17th of this month. I can't rearrange the dates as I've put it off once already due to constraints. Sorry to leave you hanging David and Jeff but you gotta take care of business before pleasure. Hope to see everyone at the Motorstate event though.

David Sloan
05-08-2009, 05:13 AM
Sorry to here that Tommy
We was looking forward to seeing you an your wife again.
Believe me i know about business before pleasure.
Thanks hope to see ya soon.

wayne70
05-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Tommy i hate to hear you won't be there, we were looking forword to seeing you and Darlene.

JEFFTATE
05-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Sorry to hear that Tommy.
Send Payden over anyway .
If you get back early enough on Sunday , come to the AutoCross.

HectorM52
05-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Yeah, Tommy. Sorry to hear you won't be making it. I may have to go to your house or the shop to check out your ride anyway! ;)

PARKERRS
05-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Your welcome to come by anytime Adam. The car is at Buster's shop through next week getting the headers fabbed.

HectorM52
05-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Cool! Jeff and I will definitely have to add Buster's shop to our list of stops. His shop alone is worth the trip. Plus to see your beast will make it even better!

JEFFTATE
05-09-2009, 06:19 PM
I want Buster to do the next set of exhausts I get.

JEFFTATE
05-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Ok Guys , I drove our backroads cruise route today.
I got it all planned out and I will have maps when everyone shows up.
I picked us a nice country road , farmland , scenic route .
Away from most of the neighborhoods and redlights.
It's gonna' be great.
There's some good places that are on barely populated roads to really open a car up !!
Some good sweeping curves too.

protouring70
05-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey Jeff, what time are we to meet up at David's for the ride and dinner?

JEFFTATE
05-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Hey Jeff, what time are we to meet up at David's for the ride and dinner?

We were planning on starting at Davids house around 3:00 pm.
The party / dinner will last until late.
No cruise on Friday.
Just a party.
( Unless a few of us just wanna' get out for a while , and go drive the backroads , up into the Blue Ridge Foothills around Waleska , Jasper, and Elijay.)

We were actually gonna' do the cruise on Saturday not Friday.
The cruise is gonna' be the trip from Calhoun ( Paradise Dragstrip) to Canton ( Riverstone Shopping Center ) Cruise Night.

Rag-Rat
05-12-2009, 10:35 AM
I don't have my car, it's still in the paint shop, but I might come as a spectator. One of the things I enjoyed about Year One was that if my car wasn't finished I could pay a reasonable charge for a ride in an elite Pro-Touring car. Jeff, do you know if any people would be into giving rides if part of their gas or entry fee was paid?

JEFFTATE
05-12-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't have my car, it's still in the paint shop, but I might come as a spectator. One of the things I enjoyed about Year One was that if my car wasn't finished I could pay a reasonable charge for a ride in an elite Pro-Touring car. Jeff, do you know if any people would be into giving rides if part of their gas or entry fee was paid?

I'm sure somebody will have an empty passenger seat.
I don't know who , off the top of my head.
Just come hang out.
Spectators are free.
Somebody will let you ride with them.
You can offer to chip in if you want to.
I would offer to let you ride with me , but I've got a passenger already.
Sorry.

69rs
05-12-2009, 05:14 PM
^^^---Introducing, the ambassador of pro-touring.........Jelvis!:smoke:

Payton King
05-13-2009, 06:09 AM
I will be the guy with the 69 Camaro...LOL

Yellow with "Dead Cat" on the NC tag. No money needed

feuervogel
05-13-2009, 06:53 AM
I am sorry to announce that I will not be able to attend this weekend's festivities due to a change of plans. My family obligations take first place this weekend for my Dad who passed away last week so I'm out. Sorry, I was really looking forward to it.

JEFFTATE
05-13-2009, 07:11 AM
I am sorry to announce that I will not be able to attend this weekend's festivities due to a change of plans. My family obligations take first place this weekend for my Dad who passed away last week so I'm out. Sorry, I was really looking forward to it.

Sorry to hear that Ken.
Sorry about your Dad.
Keep in touch.

You can always come to Pigeon Forge in the Fall !!

feuervogel
05-13-2009, 07:43 AM
Thanks Jeff. I'm done with the car for awhile so it's time to drive it. I'll attend as many events as I can and Pigeon Forge sounds great.

JEFFTATE
05-14-2009, 01:05 PM

Ken , We'll send you a refund.

Mr.VENGEANCE
05-14-2009, 01:07 PM
ill see you there Jeff!

too bad no car to run through the mess with...

feuervogel
05-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Thank you very much Jeff, you're a hero. I didn't want to ask because I know how difficult it can be to organize a multi-day gathering on a shoestring budget but I could really use the money right now. Thanks again and I'll be back....

69rs
05-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Sorry, bud. Didn't realize you wouldn't make it. Call me.

69rs
05-14-2009, 08:35 PM
P.S. Jeff IS a hero!:1st: