PDA

View Full Version : Another newb...

Brad
08-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Just found about the site in a Car Craft mag. Thanks for desinging this place and keeping it up, it looks awesome! I plan to donate as soon as my wife gives up the paypal account info ( I assume its paypal friendly).

I have an 88 monte carlo that was my first car. I've owned it for 13 years or so now. Over that time it has gone from a daily driver with a/c,locks, steering etc. To a well....I dunno!!!!

It now has a late model small block, thats been punched and stroked to 383. Inside is an Eagle crank, their H-beam rods, Arias forged pistons, GMPP LT-4 HOT cam (when I built it, I had street duty in mind) AFR 195 heads, and the normal carb get up on top, with an Edelbrock PRM nitrous kit. I had a 700R4 behind it for about 10 miles. I now have a th-400 with a 3400 stall, 4" steel driveshaft and a Ford 9" with 3.55's.

I am in the middle of...well tail end of replacing/upgrading the fuel system. I sumped my stock tank, ran -8 from the tank up, with all Barry Grant, stuff. It might run finally!!!!

As with probally everyone, I am on a limited budget. I've had this engine built for 5-6 years and it might have 50 miles on it. I have encountered one set back after another with her, as you can imagine. Far to many to detail here, to say the least.

Suspension wise I have Hotchkis springs on all 4's, PST urethane bushings up front with SSM lift bars and boxed uppers out back with solid (noisy) bushings. The upper and lower A-arms, I welded up and boxed myself. I'd love to tell you how the car handles now, but I don't know. I hav'nt driven it!

It is now sitting on jack stands with 17x11" Colorado Custom "Alamosa's" in the rear and 17x9's in the front with 315/35/17 and 275/40/17 BFG Comp T/A's, respectivly.

I'm about done typing for now. Thanks for this great site as well as taking the time/intrest to read my first post.

Brad (as if you did'nt know)

zbugger
08-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Welcome. I speak for us all when I say that we'd love to see the car. This site is very helpful as well.

Had you thought about the 4L80e for a trans? Damn strong, and the overdrive helps the gas mileage.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Welcome aboard, Brad! We're glad to have you. Sounds like an awesome car you've got in the making.

Brad
08-22-2004, 02:37 PM
Thanks guys.. Pics are in another forum for us newb's...

edit: Yes, I've thought about the 4L80 several times. I had the th-400 sitting in the shed out back. Given the situation that hapened, that was available and somewhat cheap. I'll go that route someday when $ permits. I'm sure as you can tell, it was built more for drag race type stuff, even with the small cam. It's taken yet another turn, since street racing laws have gotten so stirct. I'll be leaning toward 'touring now :git:

67Sally
08-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Welcome to the Forum Brad