PDA

View Full Version : Detroit/Riddler/Foose entry

Travis B
03-03-2005, 07:47 PM
What do you think does foose win again!
I just so happened to have this pic emailed to me today!!

JV69z/28
03-03-2005, 08:03 PM
He certainly sets the bar high - very high! Is that the car that was on one of the Rides eposodes that the shock bolt was flush mounted in the lower control arm so it became invisable? That's the kind of detail the other cars are up against. Can't wait to see the finalists. I hope someone can post pictures.

Travis B
03-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Rumor has it! There are no bolts to be seen in the whole car????????
Suspension included

Andrew McBride
03-03-2005, 08:41 PM
that car is beautiful. If anyone is going to be in Detroit for the show and can take more pics of this car that would be great. Is this the car Charlie was working on?

MuscleRodz
03-03-2005, 09:00 PM
I would love to see more of that car and its competition. Foose will be hard to beat. That is the car Charley was suppose to paint.

Mike

Van B
03-03-2005, 09:34 PM
I like the protective covers on the tires.

69lt4
03-04-2005, 03:31 AM
I'm going down on Sunday. My friend helped trailered it over. He hasn't said much about the car except they weren't sure they were going to get it done in time.
Kevin

coolclassiccars
03-04-2005, 05:04 AM
i'm not sure but i think the whole car is hand fabbed? ie.. body panels all hand made.sure is raising the bar with this one. this car took 2 years to build, the overhaulin cars are kinda like weekend projects,anyone have the skinny on this one.

Travis B
03-04-2005, 05:26 AM
The more I look at the pic. the more I notice about the car! I think that is one of those cars you could look at for days and not notice everything about it! Anyone hear how much Charlie got paid to paint it?????

Mike72ss
03-04-2005, 07:52 AM
I was ther last night at the set-up day. Got a chance to see Foose in person, what a nice guy, he would talk to anyone that approached and was having a great time talking to everyone. His Riddler entry is very nice, but so is the others. I wish I would have looked a little closer at some of the details you guys mentioned.

Mike

Steve1968LS2
03-04-2005, 08:56 AM
They had that car forever.. I remember that it was supposed to be in Riddler last year but it wasn't done and Foose wasn't gonna rush it.. after all this isn't Overhaulin.. ;)

It's a work of art.. It must be hard to judge so many perfect cars..

Travis B
03-04-2005, 10:48 AM
I heard from a friend that Two of the shops that were putting cars in the riddler walked in saw the competition and never unloaded there car.
I also heard the level of detail on the foose car is way above all the other entries!!!!!!!!!

Mike72ss
03-07-2005, 09:20 AM
FYI Foose's car did end up winning the Riddler award this year.

Mike

Pro-touring towncar
03-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Rumor has it! There are no bolts to be seen in the whole car????????
Suspension included

God if only I had the time and place to do something like that.

Tim

MuscleRodz
03-07-2005, 08:48 PM
I think it was mentioned on rides riddler show last year he had this car in the works for 6 years.

Mike

68LSS1
03-08-2005, 11:14 PM
I think it was mentioned on rides riddler show last year he had this car in the works for 6 years.

Mike
Yes, it was a Rides episode. I forgot who also was on that episode but they weren't going to enter their car either as this car of Chip's wasn't ready last year and they didn't want to compete unless they could go against Foose.

MuscleRodz
03-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Yes, it was a Rides episode. I forgot who also was on that episode but they weren't going to enter their car either as this car of Chip's wasn't ready last year and they didn't want to compete unless they could go against Foose.
It was Scott's Hot Rods and their Ford duece.

Mike

gauder
03-10-2005, 04:26 PM
i'm not sure but i think the whole car is hand fabbed? ie.. body panels all hand made.sure is raising the bar with this one. this car took 2 years to build, the overhaulin cars are kinda like weekend projects,anyone have the skinny on this one.

Yes, the body was built by the Delay's (who also built Boyd's last aluminum bodied car on his show).

C4Bird
03-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Just got back from our annual roadster show here in town, and foose was there with his riddler winner. Very niceguy, very nice car, got to look at it up close. Here is a couple pics..
-Nate